Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

Things starting to move forward now....

CONFIRMED 2024 SQUAD:

Gareth Gale

Caleb Aekins

Ben Reynolds (from Leigh)

LEAVING:

James Lockwood (retired), Mark Kheirallah (retired), Luke Cooper (Batley)

TO BE ANNOUNCED:

Luke Briscoe, Chris Hankinson, Johnathon Ford, Craig Kopczak, Connor Jones, Brad Day, Elijah Taylor, Jack Bussey, Matty Wildie, John Davies, Junior Moors, Gadwin Springer, Josh Hardcastle, Joey Leilua, Mathieu Cozza, Thomas Lacans, Tyla Hepi, McKenzie Yei, Arama Hau, Dane Chisholm, Daniel Smith, Ellis Longstaff, Craig Hall, Kyle Evans

• Like 1

Some really good news over the last couple of days.  I did wonder whether some of the signings mooted for 2024 over the last few months were dependent on gaining promotion but its good to see that we're assembling a squad to challenge yet again.  Where that gets us - well lets not worry about that for now.

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

Things starting to move forward now....

CONFIRMED 2024 SQUAD:

Gareth Gale

Caleb Aekins

Ben Reynolds (from Leigh)

LEAVING:

James Lockwood (retired), Mark Kheirallah (retired), Luke Cooper (Batley)

TO BE ANNOUNCED:

Luke Briscoe, Chris Hankinson, Johnathon Ford, Craig Kopczak, Connor Jones, Brad Day, Elijah Taylor, Jack Bussey, Matty Wildie, John Davies, Junior Moors, Gadwin Springer, Josh Hardcastle, Joey Leilua, Mathieu Cozza, Thomas Lacans, Tyla Hepi, McKenzie Yei, Arama Hau, Dane Chisholm, Daniel Smith, Ellis Longstaff, Craig Hall, Kyle Evans

Was it just a rumour that Hall was leaving ? 

8 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Was it just a rumour that Hall was leaving ? 

Dunno mate. I'm not close to anything or anyone 😉

He put on his twitter 'thanks for everything over four years etc' which sounded like farewell.

But with the list, I'll wait for official confirmation. Hence Kyle Evans, etc, who I assume had left, but who knows?

I think perhaps things were signed for 2024 which have to be renegotiated now we're championship.

Maybe JD or Bussey were going to leave because they don't want SL, but now they don't need to leave? Hally too?

I have no idea.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dog forever said:

Looks like Fev are splashing the cash, and going for it again in 2024.

Not sure about"splashing the cash", reading between the lines of the chairman's open letter I think our overall spend will be significantly less than in the last couple of season, but that the reduction in spending will come partly from a handful of the highest-paid players moving on or retiring, and perhaps a number of players accepting somewhat lower offers.

I don't really listen to rumours about players' salaries but it wouldn't be surprising if Leilua, Ford, Kheirallah, Hall, Kopczak, Moors, maybe Taylor, were amongst our higher earners, and if maybe 4, 5 or 6 of those guys aren't with us next year that could lead to a significant drop in the overall spend.

I think most of us fans will be quite happy if we can keep a significant core of the squad, and the early signs seem quite promising. Most of us are used to fans of other clubs predicting disaster for us year after year so it will be quite amusing if little old Fev are still a competitive team towards the top end of the Championship next season.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think most of us fans will be quite happy if we can keep a significant core of the squad, and the early signs seem quite promising. Most of us are used to fans of other clubs predicting disaster for us year after year so it will be quite amusing if little old Fev are still a competitive team towards the top end of the Championship next season.

Haven't Fev gone bust yet?! Our detractors have been saying for years that we MUST have overspent or gone to the well too often, but here we are again building a squad for our fans to get behind. Once again we have to take our hats off to Mark et al and get behind the team as we generally do.

• Like 4

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

4 hours ago, Dog forever said:

Looks like Fev are splashing the cash, and going for it again in 2024.

I should imagine the players staying must be happy with the money offered and can't see anymore £90 grand wages anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversspud said:

Haven't Fev gone bust yet?! Our detractors have been saying for years that we MUST have overspent or gone to the well too often, but here we are again building a squad for our fans to get behind. Once again we have to take our hats off to Mark et al and get behind the team as we generally do.

You're right, it's a regular accusation. The thing fans of other teams often miss is that we tend to have most players on 12 month contracts, meaning of we have a worse than planned season, we're not left with unaffordable contracts for the following year.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, bigbaldnmad said:

See that Hugh Taylor, who sponsored Joey this year is Ben Reynolds sponsor. Guess that confirms Joey has been released.

Actually IIRC Hugh Taylor sponsored 2 players last year, although one was under the name of Fev Rover, the horse he had a share in, so based on that perhaps there is still a chance for Joey!😀

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!