Sun 24th Sept: The Betfred League One Promotion Final: Doncaster v North Wales Crusaders KO 15:00

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Doncaster
    • North Wales Crusaders

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/09/23 at 14:30

2 minutes ago, fearnowt said:

Please tell me I'm not dreaming.

If I am, please don't wake me up.🙂

Congratulations your play off wins are a credit to all the players and support staff.Donny will be hard but it's what happens on the day that counts.I would be rooting for Donny against any other team but will be neutral for this one.

• Like 2

It would be great to see Crusaders promoted, if only to broaden the geographical spread.

In the possible scenario of Featherstone failing to get promoted and Keighley surviving, with the addition of Wakefield Trinity and Doncaster, that would mean 9 of the 14 Championship teams are from Yorkshire.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

It would be great to see Crusaders promoted, if only to broaden the geographical spread.

In the possible scenario of Featherstone failing to get promoted and Keighley surviving, with the addition of Wakefield Trinity and Doncaster, that would mean 9 of the 14 Championship teams are from Yorkshire.

Cuts down on travelling lol, but not for Barrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

With Dewsbury already promoted for winning L1, in your scenario there would be ten Yorkshire clubs in the Championship out of 14 total:

Wakefield, Featherstone, Sheffield, Bradford, Halifax, York, Batley, Keighley, Dewsbury & Doncaster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

With Dewsbury already promoted for winning L1, in your scenario there would be ten Yorkshire clubs in the Championship out of 14 total:

Wakefield, Featherstone, Sheffield, Bradford, Halifax, York, Batley, Keighley, Dewsbury & Doncaster.

I stand corrected. Like many others before me, I forgot about Dewsbury. 

Edited by Dave W
  • Haha 1

Hope next season in the Championship it will be as close as this season. I can see it being tight at the top especially if Fev are promoted, what we don’t know is what will happen to them if they miss out again, a lot of money has been spent the last two seasons on trying to get promotion, this could be the last chance saloon for them in their quest.

2 hours ago, Dave W said:

Depends who does get promoted.  Sheffield, Bradford, Halifax .......

• Like 2

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

3 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

Maybe the best solution to the Skolars dropping out next year would be to have a two conference second tier with 23 teams, Championship East (Yorkshire) and Championship West (Everyone else). By my reckoning, before any P&R took place (lots of variables), it would be a 12/11 split as long as you awkwardly shift Newcastle a bit to the West.

Not to a lot of people's taste but it seems like a fairly neat solution.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Expatknight said:

Hope next season in the Championship it will be as close as this season. I can see it being tight at the top especially if Fev are promoted, what we don’t know is what will happen to them if they miss out again, a lot of money has been spent the last two seasons on trying to get promotion, this could be the last chance saloon for them in their quest.

More then likely if iam being honest but who knows what will happen if we don't finally go up.

• Like 1

This will be the toughest of tough games for us.....but I've got a good feeling, and we did beat them at Chester. We've got a bunch of overexcited fans just waiting to make a whole lot of noise at Doncaster; I'm one of them!!...... North Wales Crusaders win

• Like 3

I'm keenly awaiting the squad announcement tomorrow. I've no reason to believe there'll be any surprises and there's unlikely to be any additions that aren't fully match fit. I think most Donny supporters would agree already on the 17 for Sunday. 2 possible changes, Corian for Taulapapa and Holdstock for Cooper. Misi's form over the last few weeks would suggest he'll keep his place. Alex's form similarly suggests he might step in. 

No predictions for the score as it means far too much to speculate. We've got to win. Pressure is all on Dons.

27 minutes ago, weighman said:

Holdstock to return, if fit , replacing Foster.

Misi took a knock , if fit, should retain his position.

How many Cru fans will be travelling ?

We have a full supportes bus travelling from Wrexham and another traveliing from North West England. Best guess, 250ish.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Rene_Artois said:

I'm keenly awaiting the squad announcement tomorrow. I've no reason to believe there'll be any surprises and there's unlikely to be any additions that aren't fully match fit. I think most Donny supporters would agree already on the 17 for Sunday. 2 possible changes, Corian for Taulapapa and Holdstock for Cooper. Misi's form over the last few weeks would suggest he'll keep his place. Alex's form similarly suggests he might step in. 

No predictions for the score as it means far too much to speculate. We've got to win. Pressure is all on Dons.

All the pressure has been on all the teams wev'e beaten in the play-off so far...just sayin'

• Like 1

Just noticed on The Dons ticketting site that 2 sections have sold out, another section has 6 seats left. And the remaining are well over half sold.

I have never known us sell a section out, ever, let alone multiple. Should be a good atmosphere

• Like 1