Sat 23rd-Sun 24th Sept: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

6 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Haven 2nd bottom going into tomorrow then. But if Keighley or Swinton are beaten by more than 5 points, Haven stay up.

A five point defeat will keep Keighley above Whitehaven on points percentage.

Not so for Swinton - unless they score 82 or more themselves.

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 minute ago, Neutralfan7 said:

With both London and Fax playing for play offs be a tense day tomorrow 

Fax need a draw or better to make the play-offs.  London are definitely in the six, barring defeat by an unlikely margin.

2 minutes ago, Griff said:

A five point defeat will keep Keighley above Whitehaven on points percentage.

Not so for Swinton - unless they score 82 or more themselves.

In reality, Haven are safe barring 2 shock results tomorrow. Tbf if I was a Swinton or Keighley fan I’d be furious that Toulouse put out such a weakened team today in a game of such importance. Clubs used to get heavily fined for it (integrity of the competition etc) but not these days.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

6 minutes ago, Derwent said:

In reality, Haven are safe barring 2 shock results tomorrow. Tbf if I was a Swinton or Keighley fan I’d be furious that Toulouse put out such a weakened team today in a game of such importance. Clubs used to get heavily fined for it (integrity of the competition etc) but not these days.

Barrow, Swinton and Keighley fans wanted Toulouse to beat Haven and they did.

The only way your point makes sense would be if Toulouse had rolled over and let them win. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dave W said:

The only way your point makes sense would be if Toulouse had rolled over and let them win. 

A bigger win would've been a lot better, Dave.  You must see that.

6 minutes ago, Dave W said:

Who gets relegated is coming down to points difference. Team strength plays an important part in that scenario.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

2 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Who gets relegated is coming down to points difference. Team strength plays an important part in that scenario.

Relegation play-offs.   They're the future.

12 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Short term no doubt, recovering just in time for the play offs.

Hamson, Dom and Jake Shorrocks are out for the season, probably Mathieu too. TO fielded the strongest side they could as they might need that same side In the semi finals.

14 hours ago, Derwent said:

Toulouse put out a stronger team this week than they did last week against Fev!  They brought 2 of their best players back from injury today, Ralph and Ashall-Bott, Swinton & Keighley should be thrilled that they put out a team strong enough to get the win and give them a chance.

Most of the missing Toulouse players today have been missing for weeks bar Shorrocks who got a nasty injury last week.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Haha yes we should definitely be fining clubs who have won their game for not trying hard enough.

That said English clubs have deployed every other trick to squeeze a few more bob out of overseas sides, so it will probably happen.

Edited by Just Browny

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Whoever goes down will be very unlucky.  They'll be going down with the highest points ever scored . Last year the bottom 2 where pitiful even newcastle at the bottom this season have scored  a fair few points. Been a nailbiting season . And if my team Haven go down then fair play to keighley and swinton

13 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Toulouse put ou ta stronger team this week than they did last week against Fev!  They brought 2 of their best players back from injury today, Ralph and Ashall-Bott, Swinton & Keighley should be thrilled that they put out a team strong enough to get the win and give them a chance.

Most of the missing Toulouse players today have been missing for weeks bar Shorrocks who got a nasty injury last week.

Good to see OAB back playing and scoring. They took him off at half time.as he isn't match fit. Dimitri Biscarros got a neck injury early on so they will have to see how he goes, Greg Richards got knocked out early too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

So who was missing from the Toulouse side that should have played?

56 minutes ago, Griff said:

A bigger win would've been a lot better, Dave.  You must see that.

A full strength Toulouse team would have had to work hard for a victory up there. They won by a comfortable margin against a team desperate to win in front of their own fans 

I don't know how people can accuse them of cheating.

• Like 2