Combined Championship and League 1 ???

14 teams in SL leaving 21 in a split Championship?

Would look something like this (based on this year’s league positions for example):

SL:

Wigan, Catalan, Saints, Hull KR, Leigh, Warrington, Salford, Leeds, Huddersfield, Hull, Castleford, Featherstone, Toulouse, Bradford

West (10):

Widnes, Swinton, Barrow, Whitehaven, Oldham, Workington, NW Crusaders, Rochdale, Cornwall, Midlands

East (11):

Wakefield, Sheffield, London, York, Batley, Halifax, Keighley, Newcastle, Dewsbury, Hunslet, Doncaster

East vs West split down the Pennines with the line heading more or less directly south east of Birmingham to the south coast (hence London east and Cornwall west).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

East and West conferences anyone ?

Those would be East and West divisions, not conferences.  As I've explained before there's no such thing as conferences within a division, divisions are parts of a conference.

Reversing that nomenclature would be a typical case of RL administrators copying something from gridiron without really understanding it, like when they copied the four downs back in the day without understanding what down means in that context. 

1 hour ago, OriginalMrC said:

There's going to be an article about conferences in the coming days. I can feel it 

MY TIME HAS COME

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

Would look something like this (based on this year’s league positions for example):

SL:

Wigan, Catalan, Saints, Hull KR, Leigh, Warrington, Salford, Leeds, Huddersfield, Hull, Castleford, Featherstone, Toulouse, Bradford

West (10):

Widnes, Swinton, Barrow, Whitehaven, Oldham, Workington, NW Crusaders, Rochdale, Cornwall, Midlands

East (11):

Wakefield, Sheffield, London, York, Batley, Halifax, Keighley, Newcastle, Dewsbury, Hunslet, Doncaster

East vs West split down the Pennines with the line heading more or less directly south east of Birmingham to the south coast (hence London east and Cornwall west).

Bit harsh to put Fev, TO and Bradford in before you reinstate Wakey.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

SL:

West (10):

East (11):

Who mentioned a 14,team Superleague. That won’t happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Taylor said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned Martyn Sadler's idea that was raised in 2021

https://www.totalrl.com/a-future-structure-for-rugby-league-competitions/

I think the difference there was Martyn’s plan involved having the best Super League clubs playing the likes of West Wales Raiders.

Problematic before you even get into any argument over how revenues would be shared out.

45 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I want to see Toulouse v Cornwall, should be a cracker. 

Typical traditionalist restricting the game to one continent. Why can't we try and be a bit more expansive?

Why not Toulouse vs Seattle? Cornwall vs Lagos?

Who knows, one day we may even see Barrow vs Toronto (I know, I need to calm down)

21 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Typical traditionalist restricting the game to one continent. Why can't we try and be a bit more expansive?

Why not Toulouse vs Seattle? Cornwall vs Lagos?

Who knows, one day we may even see Barrow vs Toronto (I know, I need to calm down)

I’d like to see Perth, NZ2 and PNG in Super League, show the parochial NRL what they’re missing. Port Moresby away on a Thursday night would be a decent trip. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

I’d like to see Perth, NZ2 and PNG in Super League, show the parochial NRL what they’re missing. Port Moresby away on a Thursday night would be a decent trip. 

I'm still worried that we're being too narrow minded in a very Earth centric competition. The Jupiter Jaguars anyone?

• Haha 1