Fri 6th Oct: SL S/F: Catalans Dragons v St Helens KO 20:00 (UK time) (Sky)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/23 at 19:30

1 hour ago, 17 stone giant said:

I hadn't realised that St Helens have won the last four Grand Finals. 

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but I'll take it at face value.

For anyone that does social media, if a brave soul dares to suggest that Saints get the rub of the green either on the field or down Red Hall way come RFL Disciplinary time, they get numerous bitter replies from a certain minority of Saints' fans suggesting it's all jealousy because they've won the last four GFs and are the WC Champions.

Personally, I consider the likes of Welsby, Lomax and Walmsley, stretch the boundaries of what I would call fair play far too often which is a shame because I regard them as champion players. Perhaps that's what makes them so, I'm not sure. 

Even with this in mind, I doubt anyone was cheering louder than me for them in the WCC pre season, I was delighted they won.

Tonight though, I'll be rooting for Les Cats as I have this slight uneasy feeling about the possible result from the DW tomorrow and think the French would be too big a challenge for the victors there, come GF time.

• Haha 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

42 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but I'll take it at face value.

Definitely no sarcasm. I'm just a casual fan from the south coast, so I don't follow things closely or remember too many details. I couldn't, for example, name the last 5 Challenge Cup winners, even though I would at the time have watched most of the finals. Likewise with the Grand Final, I tend to watch it and then forget about it. The exception being I do remember the St Helens v Wigan final where the ball hit the crossbar right at the end.

I was genuinely surprised that St Helens had won four in a row, because I just assumed that the honours would have been spread around a bit more than that. That's a very good achievement, but from a neutral perspective I'd now like to see someone else win it - preferably Catalans or Hull KR, as I know Wigan have had plenty of success over the years.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

For anyone that does social media, if a brave soul dares to suggest that Saints get the rub of the green either on the field or down Red Hall way come RFL Disciplinary time, they get numerous bitter replies from a certain minority of Saints' fans suggesting it's all jealousy because they've won the last four GFs and are the WC Champions.

Personally, I consider the likes of Welsby, Lomax and Walmsley, stretch the boundaries of what I would call fair play far too often which is a shame because I regard them as champion players. Perhaps that's what makes them so, I'm not sure. 

Must say, it did raise a smile seeing a post saying Saints players don't play the sport fairly, disproportionatly benefit from the rub of the green on the field and suggesting favouritism from the disciplinary panel, topped off with the comment that it's Saints fans who are bitter!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like Catalan have managed to get to the playoffs with their big money players available..I reckon they'll just have enough.

"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

5 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I was bouncing for this and now I've turned on SS Mix and I'm thoroughly deflated. Deary me.

why?

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

3 old farts in a studio, 1 unable to be understood, no feeling for the event whatsoever.

I mean: the background is a still photo of an empty main stand! FFS!!!!

lets hope they dont lose coverage like they did last sun with the aus gf

• Like 1

1 minute ago, northamptoncougar said:

Sky Sports Mix tonight - this broadcaster genuinely doesn’t give a flying f##k about this sport. 

theres a fourth rate darts comp on 

Just now, DavidM said:

Looks a great turnout 

Sold out.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.