England v Tonga series

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That'll just be process, as you say, this has no. Impact on Wire, why would they care about appealing? 

Well it was pointed out that if he misses the first two he withdraws from the squad.

But returning from conspiracy corner, if it was Shaun Wane's decision or not, any journo worth their salt should be asking the England coach what happened and who was responsible.

19 minutes ago, Hopie said:

Well it was pointed out that if he misses the first two he withdraws from the squad.

But returning from conspiracy corner, if it was Shaun Wane's decision or not, any journo worth their salt should be asking the England coach what happened and who was responsible.

Wire have never been an issue in supporting the international game and have a large presence in the squad. 

35 minutes ago, Hopie said:

If he widthdrawn from the squad and replaced then his two game ban carries forward to next year and the start of the new Warrington season I guess.

So, Wire can have a player without any international games and a full off season - or one who will miss two games at the start of the year.

Although, I absolutely suspect it was Williams keen to appeal and try and captain his country.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

On 17/10/2023 at 16:06, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

I totally get what your saying but its a poor excuse for a sport which is probably in the top 10 in the UK for popularity and participation.

There's always an excuse when it comes to RL management, the IMG deal always sounded to me like the final roll of the dice, as a major UK sport we should be able to employ our own experts within those fields of marketing and advertising to promote the sport, and if the right people are employed they would pay for themselves 10 times over.

Everything has a 'stop gap' feel about it and its always a 'fall back' to the 'safe' option rather than showing a bit or imagination

It isn't offered as an excuse but as a reason, and to emphasise that it cannot be cures quickly but requires a proper strategy. No quick fix, no stop gap, just hard work.

Maybe you are right and we should employ our own experts but, without first finding the magic money tree how is that done?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The question is why? Perhaps Mr Wane reckons next year will be the year!

We've always had talent in the squad, as you'll have seen with the ones who moved to your team despite not being good enough!

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It isn't offered as an excuse but as a reason, and to emphasise that it cannot be cures quickly but requires a proper strategy. No quick fix, no stop gap, just hard work.

Maybe you are right and we should employ our own experts but, without first finding the magic money tree how is that done?

Money has to be found, the game is on a downward spiral, and that has to be addressed very quickly.

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

any idea of the team? does SW have any idea of the team? the game is just over 3 days away! 

Halves pick themselves now unless they’re gonna use welsby there but who will play full back then? , props wane will go for experience imo so they will pick themselves, nrl players will all play if fit, so work rest out lol. 

8 hours ago, wilsontown said:

TICKETS SELLING FAST according to my e-mail...

Anyone convinced?

I'm off to Huddersfield and it looks like trains from here are being diverted via Castleford that day, but no problem getting there.

This probably means they're NOT selling fast … ! 🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jim from Oz said:

This probably means they're NOT selling fast … ! 🙂

A look at available tickets, assuming that sections haven't simply been closed as well, suggests sales are pretty poor. 

20 hours ago, Dave T said:

And this is just me and my personal preferences, but I hate seeing the tests referred to as Game 1 etc. I think Test matches give these matches a bit of gravitas - they should always be referred to as First Test, Second Test and Third Test. 

These are full on test matches. 

Probably trying to copy origin 

Agree that i Iike the term test match 

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Probably trying to copy origin 

Agree that i Iike the term test match 

Works for cricket 

Imagine calling the ashes games 1 to 5

55 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Works for cricket 

Imagine calling the ashes games 1 to 5

In fairness, that is less likely because the 5 day format of international Cricket is widely known as Test Cricket to differentiate itself from One Day/ODI and T20.

This should be a 3 test match series though, but then again there are so many "shoulds" in relation this autumns internationals...

6 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

It would be a shame if we can't sell out an 18000 stadium for the 1st Test.

To bring balance here - history should tell us that this wouldn't just sell out as standard. World Cups just aren't the same thing (we get more than double the crowds for Eng v France in a World Cup vs a standard test). 

So, it does mean that we had to work really, really hard to slel every ticket we could. And that's the problem here. Just advertising this on RFL social media isn't doing that. 

This is wholly on the RFL, nobody else. 

• Like 3