The IMG Gradings Thread - Post all your IMG Gradings related questions or comments here

8 minutes ago, WiganBooney said:

Just re-read, you may be right for 2025 season but going forward beyond I think what I said still holds, for London there score should go up based on 2024 season but possibly not by enough to keep there spot???

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I don't think it does hold, there is no Automatic Promotion or relegation under the IMG system.

Happy to be proved incorrect but that's how I interpret it

54 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

IMG clarified before the clubs voted - some of them were unsure up to that point.

Super League will consist of the 12 highest ranked clubs based on the latest grading on an ongoing basis.

13 minutes ago, JohnM said:

The title of this topic is "IMG Provisional Gradings" 

If that is the case, what happens between now  and the announcement of the actual Gradings?

It's provisional as it doesn't kick in until next year.

It appears it hasn't ' landed very well ' with the clubs despite an earlier statement. 

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12196/12706792/super-league-relegation-scrapped-for-category-a-top-clubs-in-radical-plans-from-img

Ken Davy announced IMG - I hope a journalist asks him how he thinks it is going after his accompanying remarks,at the time.

14 Super League clubs - 14 Championship clubs - as for France?

I have read more trustworthy political manifestos 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

55 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

We have the answer to this. SL will be made up of the 12 highest graded teams with A grades protected. The winner of the Championship final will not replace the lowest positioned or lowest ranked team in SL unless they are in the top 12 graded clubs. This was Batley's argument which ultimatley got thrown out and the criteria is now pretty clear.

So, what are the benefits of winning the Championship GF? 

• Like 1

Just now, JM2010 said:

So, what are the benefits of winning the Championship GF? 

A trophy from Wilko.

And a share of the front page on RL Express.

2 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

A fraction of a point is added to your grading score as a bonus.

Plus the additional 0.01 bump in the social media score from the coverage. 

18 minutes ago, WiganBooney said:

Just re-read, you may be right for 2025 season but going forward beyond I think what I said still holds, for London there score should go up based on 2024 season but possibly not by enough to keep there spot???

So, the top 12 scoring clubs will make up SL in 2025 but then it’s p and r between B grades after that?

3 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Keighley owners at is again.  

Apparently they are insulted at being ranked 30 out of 35 so have issued the most pathetic statement. 

Absolute tin pot of a club. 

Feels like it was written by two different people.

Whilst disappointed with a rank 30th place, the club are committed to working on granular improvements within the grading pillars and will continue throughout 2024 to increase our IMG points position for 2025. 

Followed by:

We see our rank 30th as an insult to our club and fans and over the last 4 years

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

3 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Keighley owners at is again.  

Apparently they are insulted at being ranked 30 out of 35 so have issued the most pathetic statement. 

Absolute tin pot of a club. 

It's just winding up the grievance machine again that so many clubs seem to thrive on, rather than adding anything substantial to the debate. It matters not.

Ultimately, if the sport backtracks on its plan at the first sign of complaint about an entirely predictable set of gradings then it would deserve everything that came to it.

But I'm confident it wont.     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barley Mow said:

Cas' actual score will use the corrected financial figure, moving them up the rankings. Leigh will also get a further boost with another year in SL.

I believe the question will be Wakefield or Toulouse for the 12th SL place.

The extra 0.5pt still leaves them behind TO (by 0.31) and just in front of Wake (0.14) who will almost certainly score more on facilities and quite possibly finance next year.

There are millions involved in missing out on SL, if this was the real thing I suspect we would be seeing court action. Even now the squabbling and fallouts do not portray the game in a good light to any would be investors.  Why anybody thought this was a better option than on field performance and minimum standards is beyond me.

• Like 2

<p>Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win 4 competitions in one season.

1 minute ago, Castleford Hawk said:

There are millions involved in missing out on SL, if this was the real thing I suspect we would be seeing court action. Even now the squabbling and fallouts do not portray the game in a good light to any would be investors.  Why anybody thought this was a better option than on field performance and minimum standards is beyond me.

The sport hasn’t properly enforced minimum standards for about a decade.

The really poor scores some clubs are getting are hopefully a wake up call about that.

(With no comment there about how the scores will be used.)

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The extra 0.5pt still leaves them behind TO (by 0.31) and just in front of Wake (0.14) who will almost certainly score more on facilities and quite possibly finance next year.

You could be right - it could be a three way race.

I've assumed that being the only one of the three in SL will give Castleford an advantage in terms of crowd, ground utilisation, some aspects of the finances, points awarded for on-field performance, etc.

4 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I can easily imagine Wakefield reaching Grade A next year for those reasons.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Cas behind TO.

Wow.

3 minutes ago, Castleford Hawk said:

There is only one thing for it... 14 teams 😉

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

This year's PROVISIONAL gradings are not next year's actual gradings, which will have a whole new set of data in them. If there's a mistake this year it can be rectified, that's part of the reason of having a dry run. Any club, player or agent worth its salt will be able to work out where they will likely end up next year, it won't have the distorting effect you suggest.      

So are clubs going to have to wait until over a week after the season ends to know which league they'll be playing in or are scores going to be finalised before the season's end? What 3 financial periods are being used: actual fixed years or clubs' accounting periods which could mean up to a year's difference in the periods being considered for different clubs?

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

So are clubs going to have to wait until over a week after the season ends to know which league they'll be playing in or are scores going to be finalised before the season's end? What 3 financial periods are being used: actual fixed years or clubs' accounting periods which could mean up to a year's difference in the periods being considered for different clubs?

How do clubs recruit ?

Most of the work is generally done by the end of August.  Here, the uncertainty carries on for two more months.

Not that on the field performance carries much weight, by the look of it.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"