The IMG Gradings Thread - Post all your IMG Gradings related questions or comments here

8 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

One of best supported clubs outside SL

Have a elite academy and run a team at every level.

That's probably the difference between Bulls and other clubs.

Don't think academies count as they are awarded by the RFL so not fair to include them as not a fair playing field with other championship clubs. As for finances, your 2022 balance sheet is frightening, despite money in the bank funded by huge loans. 

29 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Q1. What's the point of me supporting Fev?

If we win the Grand Final, we won't be promoted.

Good question.

For some fans, there won't be a satisfactory answer and we'll lose them. And for no obvious benefit. A hybrid 'standards plus P&R' would save us a lot of heartache.

• Like 2

Just now, Damien said:

Ah, just a sentence with both the words RFL and credibility made me laugh?

Kind of proves the point!

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Archie Gordon said:

Good question.

For some fans, there won't be a satisfactory answer and we'll lose them. And for no obvious benefit. A hybrid 'standards plus P&R' would save us a lot of heartache.

But we had standards plus P&R and teams won the second tier and weren't promoted.

And that still wasn't okay for many - despite it being exactly what standards plus P&R means.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, Griff said:

What's sensible about it?

Loads of people support clubs who are never, ever going to win the top prizes.

Wow. Did you even read it???! 

He/she politely asked for a few answers, possibly because he doesn’t fully understand it. It’s doesn’t matter what team he supports you could replace Featherstone with York or Widnes and the questions remain the same. He/she is asking about transparency, no need for it on a fans internet forum

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Griff said:

Wow.  How far can we go?  Can a club finish bottom of League One and get promoted to Superleague?

What about the Pennine League?

That's the one scenario related to this grading stuff I'm actually interested in to be fair. On the flip side, I suppose the system itself takes away the excitement of a team with a relatively small support base punching above their weight and winning the Championship Grand Final. Does winning that then become meaningless to fans of certain clubs, who might know their club hasn't invested in other areas (or simply doesn't have the local interest through perhaps no fault of their own)?

And I'm a Wigan fan so haven't got an axe to grind with regards to getting promoted (as things currently stand anyway!) - it just feels like the excitement of last minute wins in games and things like that become that bit less now below the SL, which takes away from the product below SL IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, binosh said:

He/she politely asked for a few answers, possibly because he doesn’t fully understand it. It’s doesn’t matter what team he supports you could replace Featherstone with York or Widnes and the questions remain the same. He/she is asking about transparency, no need for it on a fans internet forum

Is he ?  Geez - it passed me by.  I thought he was asking what was the point of supporting Fev.

What's not transparent?  

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

10 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

What was condescending about my answers?

If you don’t want me to answer ‘without fluff’ don’t get uppity when I do just that.

If you don’t know the difference then there’s no hope for you, I imagine you talk to people face to face in the same manner and get punched quite a lot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, binosh said:

And I answered them.

2 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

No option satisfies everyone but this one seems to have been designed to upset folk.

I think, although broadly I remain okay with the process, that the RFL got the IMG budget option rather than one that requires time, money and effort.

Right now, I have zero issues with where clubs fit in the grading scale. My concerns are far more to do with implementation - and the delivery detail on that is, I suspect, liable to change before things really happen.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, binosh said:

If you don’t know the difference then there’s no hope for you, I imagine you talk to people face to face in the same manner and get punched quite a lot.

What difference?  Difference between what?

14 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Would it have cost more or less for them to create a club auditing process internally and then hire the staff to carry out hat audit?

Would the RFL doing it directly have more or less credibility than an independent third party doing it?

From the snippets that have been released I'm not sure there is much of an auditing process just clubs sending in data that are then put into a spreadsheet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Griff said:

Is he ?  Geez - it passed me by.  I thought he was asking what was the point of supporting Fev.

What's not transparent?  

The answers to the questions being asked. Basically as a fan how can you track your clubs scoring progress through the season, or do you have to sit in the dark and wait until after the GF annually.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martyn Sadler said:

I don't agree. The whole concept underlying this process is that it will become public knowledge, even if that knowledge is delayed.

The clubs will have had to agree to this after having voted for it.

Really, where does it say they will release all the data to the public. AFAIK they've only said they will release the grading but each club will get a breakdown of their own gradings to know where to improve. 

Happy for you to prove me wrong bit don't recall seeing anything 

• Like 1

Just now, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

From the snippets that have been released I'm not sure there is much of an auditing process just clubs sending in data that are then put into a spreadsheet.

There's no need to audit it just now.  It's just indicative.   If you lie to get a better grading, you're only kidding yourself.

Next year will be a different matter.