Sat 28th Oct: International: England v Tonga KO 14:30 @ Huddersfield (BBC)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/10/23 at 14:00

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Oh well, there's a nailed on Tongan win then.

i hope your right mate but the likes of hopoate have been stealing a living for at least 7 seasons - utter rubbish at the dogs for long enough

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, EagleEyePie said:

Bateman was our 2nd best metre making forward last week. If that's what you get from an 'ordinary' performance it explains why he's in the team.

I am not sure what people want from Bateman? I suspect he was pretty high up the tackle count as well. Class player with a great work ethic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

i hope your right mate but the likes of hopoate have been stealing a living for at least 7 seasons - utter rubbish at the dogs for long enough

I want England to win and win the series 3-0.

None of that set up a decider nonsense, you have to find the winning mentality to be at the top table.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I am not sure what people want from Bateman? I suspect he was pretty high up the tackle count as well. Class player with a great work ethic. 

2nd in the tackle count, one behind Lees according to the NRL.com stats.

• Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

So despite having a recent World Cup with a respectable list of sponsors we find ourselves with No series sponsor, no referee sponsor and poor ticket sales. RL commercial must have forgotten to call Fred Done. 

Anyway its over to the ones who always deliver....... The players.

They deserve to be delivered a better stage. 

Going for Tonga by 4 

Edited by saintspete83
  • Like 2

Noble bailing out on trying to pronounce Olakau'atu there.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

I understand why Hill is in there. Experience. When you look at the backline, it’s incredibly inexperienced at this level. I however, would definitely have Mulhern in over Lees. I’d probably have Currie in over Farrell too. We really need to play some younger forwards. 

I don't understand the experience argument for Hill, if this was a WC final, fair enough, but it's one of only 2 series before the next world cup which Hill will almost certainly not be playing in. This is exactly the time to be looking at some players who are going to be options in the world Cup. Its not even like Mulhern is a young player, he's 28 and entering the prime years as a forward.

I don't see why that is a penalty.  He took the ball to the line to take contact and so why is the defender penalised.

• Like 1

Victor the inflicted.

Matty Ashton in - sent up as a try - video ref checking... YES!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

He was about 3 yards in field. 

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

I don't see why that is a penalty.  He took the ball to the line to take contact and so why is the defender penalised.

Not a penalty, but Radley's going to be feeling that all week.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's good centre play from Newman.  Not always been in his skill set so a very good sign of development.

• Like 1