Trinity owner has big plans

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

That just seems weird to see after Wakefield being in SL for so long. I'd have though Wakefield would have been aiming a little higher than this though.

Especially as they have their own academy and also are claiming to be spending the most ever money in the Championship. 

1 minute ago, Damien said:

That just seems weird to see after Wakefield being in SL for so long. I'd have though Wakefield would have been aiming a little higher than this though.

Is there a better club to DR with? Not sure I get your point. We have always taken loan players, and now we are a Championship side we can really take advantage. All the money in the world won't change that fact that all the good young players are in the SL and are unlikely to move to the Championship. However should we return to SL it gives us an instants shopping list, makes sense to me.

Note: I'm not sure as regards whether we are carrying on with our elite Academy, I think we will but no word yet. We certainly aren't running a reserve team though, and that's where we will need duel reg for those fringe players in the 20. -23 age group.

27 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

I don’t think you did mate, this guy is suggesting that the majority of our fan base is located on the large council estates which are all based mainly on the western side of the city (bar Eastmoor), never mind Ossett, Horbury, Kirkhamgate, Wrenthorpe, Outwood, Stanley, Crofton, Sandal & not forgetting at least half of Normanton. Apologies to those Trinity supporting suburbs & villages I’ve missed off.

Agbrigg is easily walking distance to the ground as are some areas near there also - how many people had a car in the 50s and early 60s in Wakefield? which is what I was talking bout Willis 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Especially as they have their own academy and also are claiming to be spending the most ever money in the Championship. 

Come on you know how it works, or you should do. We do have an U19's, but they are not the players we will be looking at from Wigan. It will be the older more experienced players lurking on the Wigan fringes who can't get a first team spot. Very few clubs can afford to have those players knocking around, especially ones in the Championship. You do realise that even in the Championship 19 year olds generally get eaten alive, and should only play limited games. That said we have already promoted a couple of Academy players to first team, but there is a limit. Wigan have loads of experienced players who may struggle for game time, Hampshire springs to mind, pure logic.

6 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Come on you know how it works, or you should do. We do have an U19's, but they are not the players we will be looking at from Wigan. It will be the older more experienced players lurking on the Wigan fringes who can't get a first team spot. Very few clubs can afford to have those players knocking around, especially ones in the Championship. You do realise that even in the Championship 19 year olds generally get eaten alive, and should only play limited games. That said we have already promoted a couple of Academy players to first team, but there is a limit. Wigan have loads of experienced players who may struggle for game time, Hampshire springs to mind, pure logic.

I accept that, but you are apparently spending the most money ever in the Championship, but are still using duel reg?. Fev may have failed last season, but at least we were self sufficient enough to only use our own players. 

56 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I accept that, but you are apparently spending the most money ever in the Championship, but are still using duel reg?. Fev may have failed last season, but at least we were self sufficient enough to only use our own players. 

Wakefield have probably looked at that model and decided it isn't/wasn't good enough.

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

We will still be self sufficient, full time, elite academy and running a reserve team.  Because we’re late signing players duel reg with the strongest deepest squad in SL will help.

Up the Trin 

9 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

We will still be self sufficient, full time, elite academy and running a reserve team.  Because we’re late signing players duel reg with the strongest deepest squad in SL will help.

Up the Trin 

Edited by Monkeymagic22

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I don't see the negatives of the DR with Wigan. Good team to do it with and strong players likely to be available.

Might not like DR but why cut your nose to spite your face?

Wigan have always sent young kids on dual registration to get experience. I'd have thought Wakefield would have been aiming higher and building a squad with an eye on SL in 2025. While it's an easy option for lower league clubs I think it's the SL club that truly benefits from it.

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Wigan have always sent young kids on dual registration to get experience. I'd have thought Wakefield would have been aiming higher and building a squad with an eye on SL in 2025. While it's an easy option for lower league clubs I think it's the SL club that truly benefits from it.

Suppose it also possibly stops any other club linking up with them too.

Powell and Ellis have been on the radio this evening discussing matters. Essentially once recruitment has been finalised for 2024, the salary cap/recruitment manager is pushing on to 2025 players. We are late into recruitment given the takeover and relegation so player availability isn't that great, so I guess it's seen as a stepping stone to deal with the short term while making long term plans.

Still don't like the concept.

12 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Up the Trin 

Are you sure about the Reserve team? I've not heard that we are. Academy yes.

10 hours ago, Damien said:

You seem to be missing a few points here. You can aim as high as you like if you're a SL club, but we aren't. We struggled to attract the best young players when we were, what realistic chance now? Money talks, but so does the club badge. What DR with Wigan means is that potentially we have on tap a group of players who would simply be unavailable to Trinity or any other Championship club. However the biggy you're not getting is that if we do get promoted, then we will have had the chance to run a rule over both the Wigan youngsters and a few older fringe players. So when/if we do return to SL we have a ready made shopping list of players we know will fit - it won't be all of them by any stretch - but a few gems might be unearthed, ones surplus to Wigans requirements. That is long term teambuilding in my book. I can't see any logical reason why you wouldn't take advantage of that.

PS: I'm not sure on the current Wigan crop of youngsters, but in the past they have always had a lot of Wakefield based players in there, mainly from Stanley Rangers, so there is another possible plus.

Dual Reg does absolutely nothing for the feeder club, Championship & League 1 supporters know this too well. It just doesn't benefit a clubs growth at all.

Can't wait for Wakefield fans to find out the hard way when a Wigan player is coming back from injury and plays 1 game half-heartedly or they're used to eat up some suspension time while an up and coming player of their own decides to call it a day cos he's regularly getting overlooked.

Of all clubs that shouldn't be doing it next season, it's Wakefield. Especially now they're giving it the biggun about having loads of cash and spending more than everyone else.

Embarrassing.

• Haha 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

14 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Dual Reg does absolutely nothing for the feeder club, Championship & League 1 supporters know this too well. It just doesn't benefit a clubs growth at all.

Can't wait for Wakefield fans to find out the hard way when a Wigan player is coming back from injury and plays 1 game half-heartedly or they're used to eat up some suspension time while an up and coming player of their own decides to call it a day cos he's regularly getting overlooked.

Of all clubs that shouldn't be doing it next season, it's Wakefield. Especially now they're giving it the biggun about having loads of cash and spending more than everyone else.

Embarrassing.

That's a total crock, you forget that Trinity used to be the SL team doing DR, and we sent some excellent players to Dewsbury, Fev, Oldham and Donny through the years. Just ask what Oldham fans thought of Kershaw, or more recently Donny fans think of Ollie Pratt. 

Som DR tranfers don't work, but neither do actual transfers. The system has it's flaws but it does work for most players.

7 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

or more recently Donny fans think of Ollie Pratt. 

Oli Pratt was on loan at York, he's also a York lad so was more inclined to put a shift in.

Your post just shows that SL club supporters don't even really know what goes on below SL.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

45 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Embarrassing.

.... and so it begins.

45 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Oli Pratt was on loan at York, he's also a York lad so was more inclined to put a shift in.

Your post just shows that SL club supporters don't even really know what goes on below SL.

Exactly right, Fev are struggling to get a squad together, but I still dont  want dual reg. For Wakey to do it, with their ‘huge budget’ is embarrassing. 

• Like 1