Trinity owner has big plans

19 hours ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

Just improving the dreadful viewing lines would be a start.

This is a part of the new owners plans and he has mentioned it’s something that will be in the pipeline I believe.

I’m sure he’s said there’ll be new LED advertising boards installed too. 

He’s also said he’s looking at the possibility of increasing capacity in the sold out north stand.

• Like 1

On 19/01/2024 at 12:59, Damien said:

Even just a modern, covered standing terrace the full length with more ammenities would be a huge improvement and shouldn't cost the earth.

Sad thing is that there is nothing wrong with the terracing, it was only put in mid 1980’s . However the council in its infinite wisdom laid the first three steps beneath pitch level rendering it almost useless. Had they laid it correctly it wouldn’t need much work at all. Oh the mistakes of the past.

On 18/01/2024 at 21:23, Trojan Horse said:

The team is looking strong. Effectively a SL quality team or very close too.

the coaching set up has been heavily invested in with a new back room all from SL clubs.

Rumour of another signing imminent of good quality. 

likely line up for round 1 probably: 

Jowitt

Mcgillvray

Pratt

Thornley

Walmsley

lino

Gale

Bowden

Hood

Atoni

Ashurst

Griffin

Pitts

Doyle

Cozza

Vagana

Uele

some good rotation options and back up with good SL experience in Kay, Croft, Franco. 

Luke Bain who played for Scotland vs Aus and looked promising that game. Good young Aus forward in Boothroyd. 

England academy’s starting 9 (Harvey Smith) promoted to first team this year. 

this team would be certain relegation fodder in SL - how many games are they gonna get out of Gale and Jerry? and more importantly how many quality performances? my guess is not many - stand and facilities are looking great - but as the Monks sang "nice legs - shame about the face"

• Confused 3

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

this team would be certain relegation fodder in SL - how many games are they gonna get out of Gale and Jerry? and more importantly how many quality performances? my guess is not many - stand and facilities are looking great - but as the Monks sang "nice legs - shame about the face"

Do you really think that???

It's already better than London's SL squad!

4 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Sad thing is that there is nothing wrong with the terracing, it was only put in mid 1980’s . However the council in its infinite wisdom laid the first three steps beneath pitch level rendering it almost useless. Had they laid it correctly it wouldn’t need much work at all. Oh the mistakes of the past.

Could be wrong here but I thought the low terracing around the ground was historic due to a track which used to be in place, much before my time! I used to watch from the terracing under the old west stand as a kid & don’t remember it being any better. 

8 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

Could be wrong here but I thought the low terracing around the ground was historic due to a track which used to be in place, much before my time! I used to watch from the terracing under the old west stand as a kid & don’t remember it being any better. 

Correct.

The sides always had a "well".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

Yeah it was a cycle track that’s true enough but it was relayed after the stand was pulled down. At that point you’d have thought the council would have raised it. The bit that’s under cover was built later by the fans I think and is the right height from memory. There is also no drainage. All it needed was a bit more concrete, so to me it was a lost opportunity. Meaning now we have to completely rebuild where we could have possibly just extended. Oh well..

Edited by Kirmonds pouch

13 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

🥱 

On 15/01/2024 at 20:31, OMEGA said:

Rebuilding the West Terrace will be the making of a ground into a stadium if you get my drift.

Two genuine modern stands will transform what was a dilapidated ground and will also create an impetus to develop the other two sides, especially if we continue to grow the fan base. 

How much space is behind the West Terrace to build a stand? Something like the East Stand in terms of seats etc would be great. 

11 hours ago, dboy said:

He just doesn’t think full stop.

iMHO it’s the bones of a SL squad, especially in the pack including the hookers. The amount of players just on the cusp of hitting there premium years is very high.

I’d say it’s 2-3 players off from SL survival and 5-6 off being top six contenders.

4 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

How much space is behind the West Terrace to build a stand? Something like the East Stand in terms of seats etc would be great. 

Its narrow but not as narrow as people tend to think. You could fit a slightly narrower East stand minus all the stuff at the back. In truth what goes there is more down to the town planners than the club. Depend how accommodating they are.

However Ellis says he wants to be more creative than that - but as yet nobody knows his vision.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dboy said:

Probably on a par with Castleford’s squad as well. Just seen their squad numbers for the season and it looks really ordinary 

• Like 2

It’s definitely a team that’s been assembled with an eye on the future

Powell will want to win things this year as well, indeed we must do that to ensure we reach Superleague again.I think we’ve been pretty focused and have targeted our recruits exceptionally well. Lots of size, athleticism, desire and toughness in the pack, particularly the front row and Loose Forward options. There’s also a number of young players who are of a very high standard right now but who are also exciting prospects whose potential is massive. By assembling this group now Darryl Powell has a year to mould them into a slick unit and to help develop those players so they are Superleague standard when they need to be. I also get a sense of togetherness from this group, they seem to have a real understanding of what the mission is and can maybe sense they’re part of something potentially historic.

The squad isn’t really carrying anyone either, the younger recruits aren’t just there as a token nod toward development, they’re genuinely there on merit, they are some of the brightest young prospects in the game not just the Championship and they’ve arrived at Wakefield Trinity at the perfect time when all the elements they require are being brought into place by the new ownership. By that I’m talking about Ambitious ownership, investment, stability, training facilities, Coaching personnel, professional chefs, top quality player analysts, experienced Welfare team, a strong squad, a positive and enthusiastic fan base who are right behind what’s happening. If these young players put the work in they will make it to the top.

Then there’s a nucleus of older players who’ve been there and done that, they’ve travelled the roads, climbed the hills and seen the pitfalls, they will bring the leadership on and off the field. Pitts, Ashurst, Gale, Hood and maybe one or two others will probable retire or accept being used sparingly next season (2025) which will leave the club with room and finances to recruit strongly again and if that’s for Superleague we will have the chance to add a lot of top quality players to a young, somewhat experienced squad, making Wakefield Trinity a serious competitor for anyone.

These are long awaited exciting times for Trinity fans

• Like 6

8 hours ago, OMEGA said:

It’s definitely a team that’s been assembled with an eye on the future

Powell will want to win things this year as well, indeed we must do that to ensure we reach Superleague again.I think we’ve been pretty focused and have targeted our recruits exceptionally well. Lots of size, athleticism, desire and toughness in the pack, particularly the front row and Loose Forward options. There’s also a number of young players who are of a very high standard right now but who are also exciting prospects whose potential is massive. By assembling this group now Darryl Powell has a year to mould them into a slick unit and to help develop those players so they are Superleague standard when they need to be. I also get a sense of togetherness from this group, they seem to have a real understanding of what the mission is and can maybe sense they’re part of something potentially historic.

The squad isn’t really carrying anyone either, the younger recruits aren’t just there as a token nod toward development, they’re genuinely there on merit, they are some of the brightest young prospects in the game not just the Championship and they’ve arrived at Wakefield Trinity at the perfect time when all the elements they require are being brought into place by the new ownership. By that I’m talking about Ambitious ownership, investment, stability, training facilities, Coaching personnel, professional chefs, top quality player analysts, experienced Welfare team, a strong squad, a positive and enthusiastic fan base who are right behind what’s happening. If these young players put the work in they will make it to the top.

Then there’s a nucleus of older players who’ve been there and done that, they’ve travelled the roads, climbed the hills and seen the pitfalls, they will bring the leadership on and off the field. Pitts, Ashurst, Gale, Hood and maybe one or two others will probable retire or accept being used sparingly next season (2025) which will leave the club with room and finances to recruit strongly again and if that’s for Superleague we will have the chance to add a lot of top quality players to a young, somewhat experienced squad, making Wakefield Trinity a serious competitor for anyone.

These are long awaited exciting times for Trinity fans

Glad you said Hood. He gets a bit of stick from some fans, but if you watch us over the past two season, on the few occasions we’ve been decent, he’s been in the team.

probably not going back to SL but I reckon he will give us a good season this year.

The newish Edinburgh “Hive” Rugby Stadium might not be a bad blueprint for Wakefield’s west terrace, or a few other teams struggling to get theirs up to scratch either.

If they’re looking for something creative, how about putting the food and drink outlets there with a whole touchline cover so that people can mix like they do at Hull KR?

https://www.scottishconstructionnow.com/articles/in-pictures-new-edinburgh-rugby-stadium-completed

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

Personally I’d think it’s worth exploring shifting the Benidorm flats on to the West side, using the space to spread out across the length rather than being necessarily quite so high as they are currently. Wouldn’t need to take up anywhere near as much space as a stand at that side and could give scope for an improved TV gantry, TV studio and of course extra corporate space.

That would then leave the southerly end to build a decent sized covered terrace or seats which would arguably be a bigger capacity than the current Western Terrace. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

If they’re looking for something creative, how about putting the food and drink outlets there with a whole touchline cover so that people can mix like they do at Hull KR?

https://www.scottishconstructionnow.com/articles/in-pictures-new-edinburgh-rugby-stadium-completed

I don't think we have enough yobs to support that type of pre match culture.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

23 hours ago, dboy said:

Wouldn’t be hard, from what I’ve seen London are planning for 2025 - as are you but both looking in different directions

59 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

The newish Edinburgh “Hive” Rugby Stadium might not be a bad blueprint for Wakefield’s west terrace, or a few other teams struggling to get theirs up to scratch either.

They could do with a few more stantions for those stands 🤣

It looks like one of those real basic temporary stand setups.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Personally I’d think it’s worth exploring shifting the Benidorm flats on to the West side, using the space to spread out across the length rather than being necessarily quite so high as they are currently. Wouldn’t need to take up anywhere near as much space as a stand at that side and could give scope for an improved TV gantry, TV studio and of course extra corporate space.

That would then leave the southerly end to build a decent sized covered terrace or seats which would arguably be a bigger capacity than the current Western Terrace. 

You’d still need to relay the terracing. I get your logic but those’d boxes are 25 years old. I doubt they would survive the move and even if they did they are still a temporary structure.

Its something the old BOD would have looked at but I think Ellis’s has bigger plans.