Trinity owner has big plans

3 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

Wigan had 10 players likely to feature heavily in the 1st team.

Wardle, Leeming, Ellis, O’niell, Chan, Thomson, Mago, Byrne, Walters and Dupree. 

Also 3 players I’d say are fringe in Hampshire, Eseh and Hill. 

Of course Wigan were missing their pivotal players and a handful you’d expect will improve them. Let’s not get carried away. But there was a lot of quality in the Wigan team especially the forwards which trinity got the better of for most part. 

From a trinity perspective, never had to get out of second gear. Wigan didn’t break the line once and had to rely on a kick and stretched defence to score their points. Trinity looked very well drilled and structured. 

With Thornley, Gale, Lino, Vagana and Bain to come in still and Walmsley and Jowitt playing out of position all game I’d say that made me feel quite confident going into the season. 

We would have found it a lot tougher with Wigan having full team out naturally but it was positive regardless. 

Yes it's a 30 man squad. Most players were 20-30 of that squad and academy players.

There were 3 from the starting 13, and only 6 from the 17 with only 1 back in the entire 22 man squad that was from squad numbers 1-20.

Lets pretend that was a Wigan team close to full strength though 😂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yes it's a 30 man squad. Most players were 20-30 of that squad and academy players.

There were 3 from the starting 13, and only 6 from the 17 with only 1 back in the entire 22 man squad that was from squad numbers 1-20.

Lets pretend that was a Wigan team close to full strength though 😂

Happy for you to quote where I wrote it’s a Wigan team close to full strength or you simply read what you want to believe so you can act all defensive.

If it makes you feel better then your academy did a grand job yesterday against trinity. 

Shame not many of those players for Wigan yesterday in 

Mago, Byrne, Dupree, Thomson, Wardle, Leeming, O’niell, Chan, Ellis, Hill won’t be turning out much in the 17 for Wigan this season. 

Suppose a few of them could come to Trinity on dual registration so that’s a plus. I would happily see them at Trinity with them being in the 20-30 and likely not to feature bracket. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

Happy for you to quote where I wrote it’s a Wigan team close to full strength or you simply read what you want to believe so you can act all defensive.

If it makes you feel better then your academy did a grand job yesterday against trinity. 

Shame not many of those players for Wigan yesterday in 

Mago, Byrne, Dupree, Thomson, Wardle, Leeming, O’niell, Chan, Ellis, Hill won’t be turning out much in the 17 for Wigan this season. 

Suppose a few of them could come to Trinity on dual registration so that’s a plus. I would happily see them at Trinity with them being in the 20-30 and likely not to feature bracket. 

You quoted me replying to a post from a Wakefield fan saying exactly that. If you don't bother reading what you reply to and just dive in that's up to you.

Wigan were no were near full strength. That is clear.

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

You quoted me replying to a post from a Wakefield fan saying exactly that. If you don't bother reading what you reply to and just dive in that's up to you.

Read back… the Wakefield fan was me you quoted and I never said they were close to full strength. Try again.

5 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

Read back… the Wakefield fan was me you quoted and I never said they were close to full strength. Try again.

You literally quoted me first replying to the Wakefeld fan. Again if you don't read posts and understand the context of what you are replying to that's your fault.

Edited by Damien

4 hours ago, Damien said:

And neither were Trinity

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

TH, Damien was replying to a post from KP on the quality of the side Wigan put out.... its only 10 posts back.

Anyway, it's obvious that Wigan should concede the WCC and voluntarily switch places with Trinity, as it clear that Wakefield are far superior to Wigan.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

TH, Damien was replying to a post from KP on the quality of the side Wigan put out.... its only 10 posts back.

Anyway, it's obvious that Wigan should concede the WCC and voluntarily switch places with Trinity, as it clear that Wakefield are far superior to Wigan.

Not this season, it’s all about improving on and off the pitch ready for next season.  The future is looking good.

Up the Trin 

• Like 2

It was a good night, new East Stand is excellent we looked well coached fluid and strong.  Obviously floodlight failure was disappointing especially for Matty Ashurst but better it happen what was a test event for the new stand before season starts.  

Up the Trin 

Edited by WakefieldCityLoyal
  • Like 4

I assumed there would be corporate facilities along the back of the stand, but looks not to be the case from that photo. Is that all done in the stand behind the posts?

Looks great though, floodlight issues aside, well done Trinity for getting this from planning to completion! New owner seems good as well. 

• Like 1

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

1 hour ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

I assumed there would be corporate facilities along the back of the stand, but looks not to be the case from that photo. Is that all done in the stand behind the posts?

Looks great though, floodlight issues aside, well done Trinity for getting this from planning to completion! New owner seems good as well. 

No behind those glass doors in the centre is a large restaurant (250 seats ? ) plus the corporste stuff will still be going in the 'flats' . I know they get some stick , but believe me the facilities inside are good and the viewing and match day experience is also good. I realise some of the citiscm is made in jest, but its undeserved in my opinion.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

No behind those glass doors in the centre is a large restaurant (250 seats ? ) plus the corporste stuff will still be going in the 'flats' . I know they get some stick , but believe me the facilities inside are good and the viewing and match day experience is also good. I realise some of the citiscm is made in jest, but its undeserved in my opinion.

Out of interest why does the restaurant not have full views of the pitch? That would have seemed a logical decision.

7 minutes ago, M j M said:

Out of interest why does the restaurant not have full views of the pitch? That would have seemed a logical decision.

because most of wakeys results are hard to swallow

• Haha 4

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

7 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Because you eat in the restaurant and watch the match sat in the padded corporate seats.  

Up the Trin 

Not sure that's how most modern corporate facilities work and it's definitely less appealing for the non gameday market to not have the view. But I'm sure Wakey know what their market is.

7 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Because you eat in the restaurant and watch the match sat in the padded corporate seats.  

Up the Trin 

Because you eat in the restaurant and watch 3/4 of a match sat in the padded corporate seats.

Edited for accuracy 😉 sorry , couldn't resist

• Haha 1

Wigan thank Wakefield for their hospitality and congratulate them on their ambition to improve their facilities:

Whilst the game was abandoned after an hour due to floodlight failure, Wigan Warriors wish to thank Wakefield Trinity for their hospitality and congratulate them on their ambition to improve their facilities which will ultimately be a fantastic asset for their Club and the sport of Rugby League. 

Wigan Warriors Chief Executive Kris Radlinski said: “Regrettably, Friday night’s game at Wakefield was marred by an interruption. Sometimes these things happen, and the match official’s decision to abandon the game was the correct call. Nonetheless, it’s crucial not to let this incident overshadow the overall success of the evening for the Wakefield club.

“The newly introduced stand and facilities were truly outstanding, reflecting the club’s vision and execution of a great project. Despite the setback in the game, we extend our congratulations to Wakefield for their commitment to enhancing the overall experience for fans and players alike.”

Off the field, Wigan have agreed on a dual registration partnership that will benefit both Clubs throughout 2024.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/01/29/club-thanks-wakefield/

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

That’s how most modern corporate work nowadays.  

Yeah the seating bit but many corporates linger inside for a while watching, particularly after half time. Which they can't do here. 

14 hours ago, M j M said:

Yeah the seating bit but many corporates linger inside for a while watching, particularly after half time. Which they can't do here. 

There is an area outside between the eating area and the seats where Corporate guests can 'linger' if they like before sitting in a nice comfy seat looking over the halfway line which is a much better position for facilities than a lot of clubs.

2 hours ago, Forever Trinity said:

There is an area outside between the eating area and the seats where Corporate guests can 'linger' if they like before sitting in a nice comfy seat looking over the halfway line which is a much better position for facilities than a lot of clubs.

I've been one of Wakey's biggest supporters on here so I'm not out to get them at all, it just seems a bit of a missed opportunity if the restaurant is indeed right behind the back wall of the stand.

For the time being it is what it is.
Due to rising building costs some sacrifices had to be made so the old owners made the decision to switch from individual executive boxes with seats in front to a large dining area with executive seating. However that meant losing the glass windows that overlooked the pitch. I don’t like it myself but as I said, for the time being it is what it is!

The new owner has expressed his dislike of this configuration but I’m not sure there’s anything that can be done about it that wouldn't  cost an absolute fortune. If I understand his comments correctly, he intends, quiet soon, to build another new stand that runs the length of the West Terrace. That stand would have traditional exec boxes and he also mentioned having a roof terrace, offering a kind of hospitality/gameday experience that is quite unique.

In the meantime we do still have Executive Suites and Hospitality Boxes in the South Stand which are absolutely amazing and offer a brilliant view of the game from a very elevated position.

• Like 3

On 29/01/2024 at 16:32, M j M said:

I think they built what they could within the cost engineering limits. I'm sure Wakey would have preferred a row of exec boxes across the back along with the restaurant for example, but much better to take action and get something great like this within budget today rather than procrastinate and hope you can find another £2m of funding to do something even better. 

They've got the entire Western side to play with if they get lucky and come into another £10m... and to be honest it looks like maybe they have done eh. Good luck to 'em. 

• Like 3