Trinity owner has big plans

17 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

No it's not my view, it's FACT. If the club hadn't been in reasonable financial shape, and the ground redevelopments underway, Ellis would not have invested, end of. Matt Ellis is a fan, but he's not a fool.

Fact in capitals. Case closed

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 16/11/2023 at 20:16, Kirmonds pouch said:

Trinity sell 2,250 season tickets in first 24 hours of them being on sale. Pretty impressive for a recently relegated club.

Hi Kp , a good effort but with 2 free child tickets for every season ticket sold , is this 750 tickets sold in effect , or does it only include ST sold , ie 2,250 plus another 4,500 free Kids STs . I'm guessing it's the first , otherwise you are going to be going over capacity soon . If it is the first then 750 ST in first 24 hours , now 3200 (around 1100) isn't as impressive as the headline makes it sound . That said , Wakey should be applauded for their initiative in getting the younger supporters through the gate . After all these are the future of any club , so well done . 

Edited by Taffy Tiger

8 minutes ago, Taffy Tiger said:

Hi Kp , a good effort but with 2 free child tickets for every season ticket sold , is this 750 tickets sold in effect , or does it only include ST sold , ie 2,250 plus another 4,500 free Kids STs . I'm guessing it's the first , otherwise you are going to be going over capacity soon . If it is the first then 750 ST in first 24 hours , now 3200 (around 1100) isn't as impressive as the headline makes it sound . That said , Wakey should be applauded for their initiative in getting the younger supporters through the gate . After all these are the future of any club , so well done . 

Surely the two free junior tickets are an option rather than automatically given out?

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Surely the two free junior tickets are an option rather than automatically given out?

Hi Chris , yeah , on reflection that would make sense . It's difficult to know just how many season tickets have been sold in that case I guess . That said it does make for a good headline and Wakey should be applauded for their initiative. 

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

No it's not my view, it's FACT. If the club hadn't been in reasonable financial shape, and the ground redevelopments underway, Ellis would not have invested, end of. Matt Ellis is a fan, but he's not a fool.

It’s not a fact!

You're entitled to your opinion but not your own set of facts.

There are many who believe, and with some reason, that we've reached where we are in spite of Carter. That without his intransigence and abrasive personality we may have reached a position to start building sooner and that it’s John Minards who’s been a buffer between Carter and the other parties. Without that buffer the relationship  between Carter and others would have made moving forward as difficult now as it has been for a number of years.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

This.

I do think it would help with credibility to give the actual sales, though of course, only actual attendees will count next year, so all will become clear one way or the other.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Taffy Tiger said:

It is an option, neither myself, my two mates or my son, who have all bought tickets have children, the majority of Trinity fans don't. That will apply to about 80% of ST sold. Also a child I believe is 12 and under, not all under twelves want to watch Rugby. It's an add on, you have to apply for it, it's not added automatically.

I don't know if the child tickets are included in the figure (now 3,200), but assuming they are, I'm pretty that they don't make up more than 10% of sales. So we will call it approx. 2,800 adult sales. Certainly nothing like 750, not sure how you worked that one out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taffy Tiger said:

It’s an option and details of child will be needed before child’s ticket is issued.  Most U16 season tickets are subsidised in RL nowadays I only paid £30 each for my 2 kids last season, think other clubs were cheaper some clubs were giving them away without the need of purchasing an adult ticket.   This season I’ve paid £250 for my season ticket got kids free. Know loads who are purchasing season tickets who haven’t had them for years or at all, good times ahead.

Up the Trin 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spidey said:

It impacted Sheffield the most you mean 

It impacted both clubs, Sheffield would have gone bust regardless, majority of their players and staff still had jobs to go to.

Sheffield were allowed to reform and start from scratch, Huddersfield weren't.

Huddersfield lost a lot of goodwill and potential new fans since promotion to super league and also a lot of long standing fans.

Both clubs have struggled to attract big numbers of supporters.

Who knows what could have happened if both clubs were allowed to reset?

The "merger" was a shambles, I had nothing to do with it, I went on a protest march from Fartown to the stadium and questioned Ken and the other directors, I refused to watch that team, I didn't go to one game, it took another 2/3 years for me to get back on board, there were hundreds like me from both sides, it shouldn't have happened, neither should the Gateshead/Hull thing but Wakefield fans don't seem too upset over that.

But it wasn't Huddersfield, or even Sheffield to blame, it was the RFL who dangled the carrots and persuaded struggling clubs to "merge".

I still don't know why it angered and still angers Wakefield fans so much though 23 years on when no one else seems bothered about it.

2 hours ago, dboy said:

This.

I do think it would help with credibility to give the actual sales, though of course, only actual attendees will count next year, so all will become clear one way or the other.

Nah, why should we. We’ve been a credible club off the field for years now.  Carter had his faults but he was always honest. If people don’t want to believe in the clubs renaissance then stuff em, to me it’s obvious. Trinity don’t need to justify themselves to anyone these days.

up the Trin

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, meast said:

It impacted both clubs, Sheffield would have gone bust regardless, majority of their players and staff still had jobs to go to.

Sheffield were allowed to reform and start from scratch, Huddersfield weren't.

Huddersfield lost a lot of goodwill and potential new fans since promotion to super league and also a lot of long standing fans.

Both clubs have struggled to attract big numbers of supporters.

Who knows what could have happened if both clubs were allowed to reset?

The "merger" was a shambles, I had nothing to do with it, I went on a protest march from Fartown to the stadium and questioned Ken and the other directors, I refused to watch that team, I didn't go to one game, it took another 2/3 years for me to get back on board, there were hundreds like me from both sides, it shouldn't have happened, neither should the Gateshead/Hull thing but Wakefield fans don't seem too upset over that.

But it wasn't Huddersfield, or even Sheffield to blame, it was the RFL who dangled the carrots and persuaded struggling clubs to "merge".

I still don't know why it angered and still angers Wakefield fans so much though 23 years on when no one else seems bothered about it.

Personally o don’t care it’s so long ago. What annoyed Trin fans at the time was that the merger seemed yet another attempt to keep a failing Hudds in SL, when they should have been relegated a number of times previously. Where as Trinity performed heroics on the pitch to stay up against all the odds.

What it did prove in the end was tha faking it never works. When Hudds did finally get relegated it was the making of the club. From that point on they have always been there if they’re abouts.

Possibly the same thing is about to happen to Trinity.

14 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Personally o don’t care it’s so long ago. What annoyed Trin fans at the time was that the merger seemed yet another attempt to keep a failing Hudds in SL, when they should have been relegated a number of times previously. Where as Trinity performed heroics on the pitch to stay up against all the odds.

What it did prove in the end was tha faking it never works. When Hudds did finally get relegated it was the making of the club. From that point on they have always been there if they’re abouts.

Possibly the same thing is about to happen to Trinity.

I agree about Huddersfield being relegated, it was criminal at the time to keep a failing club and a club that wasn't ready or fit for SL in it at the expense of a team who had deservedly won promotion on the field.

It set us back years and harmed us and probably Dewsbury and Hunslet too.

It was only due to Ken and Jennifer for keeping the funding going that we were able to reset and come back but it could have been avoided.

19 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I assume those numbers include the free child tickets?   Could be anything from 1k sold to 11k total season ticket holders depending on how they’re counting them?

None of our group of 4 fans have taken the option of the child freebees and I guess it won't be of interest to many of a certain age who gather around our area neither.

Really don't understand by what calculations you get your two suggested limits from.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 minute ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

None of our group of 4 fans have taken the option of the child freebees and I guess it won't be of interest to many of a certain age who gather around our area neither.

Really don't understand by what calculations you get your two suggested limits from.

He’s saying that it could be approx 1100 adult season ticket holders with 2 juniors each (ie 3300 or so) or it could actually be 3700 adult season tickets plus 2 juniors (ie approx 11000) 

I don’t think it’s particularly clear which the figure refers to. Your particular circumstances might not be the norm. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

3750/3 = 1k ish

3750x3 = 11k ish