Featherstone Rovers and Hull KR announce Dual Reg Deal

Normy_Rover

31 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Won't necessarily be a popular move amongst fans and let's face it none of us like DR but it's not hard to see why we would do this now. The SL door is pretty much shut for us, at least for now, money is especially tight at the moment, and spending off the field is probably a better investment for the club too.

i’m not a fan, but in our circumstances, it’s probably a good move. A couple of possibles could be AJ Wallace and Butterworth. It’s just always a risk, that the DR players don’t put in an effort.

• Haha 1

You don't have to like the rules to play to them.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I basically loathe DR but the Leeds agreements in the past were done well. Let's hope that Hull KR are as committed to making it mutually beneficial as Leeds did.

Edited by fevnut
Correction

13 hours ago, fevnut said:

I basically loathe DR but the Leeds agreements in the past were done well. Let's hope that Hull KR are as committed to making it mutually beneficial as Leeds did.

Hoping we get the same sort of treatment from Leeds as Fev as our previous DR agreements have not exactly been anything to write home about.

55 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Hoping we get the same sort of treatment from Leeds as Fev as our previous DR agreements have not exactly been anything to write home about.

It was a mixed bunch from Leeds, but we got Newman and Sutcliffe and they did play most weeks rather than being recalled. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

Codswallop❗

:Puzzled: You think our previous DR agreements have been decent? Personally think they have been a waste of time. If its the argument about DR then we have similar views but our club is going to struggle money wise to put together a squad capable of making the playoffs without some other help and Leeds are one of a few teams that in my opinion have done OK by their DR partners. If they continue that and it helps us then that's good news in my eyes as at this stage I would rather watch amateur than watch us slowly become a team at the lower end of the table.

13 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

:Puzzled: You think our previous DR agreements have been decent? Personally think they have been a waste of time. If its the argument about DR then we have similar views but our club is going to struggle money wise to put together a squad capable of making the playoffs without some other help and Leeds are one of a few teams that in my opinion have done OK by their DR partners. If they continue that and it helps us then that's good news in my eyes as at this stage I would rather watch amateur than watch us slowly become a team at the lower end of the table.

Our previous DR arrangements have been disastrous for our club and any future deal will be just the same. The longer we go down this route, the longer we will be just another 2nd class club. That's if we don't become a fully fledged feeder club beforehand. 

1 hour ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

Our previous DR arrangements have been disastrous for our club and any future deal will be just the same. The longer we go down this route, the longer we will be just another 2nd class club. That's if we don't become a fully fledged feeder club beforehand. 

I wouldn't call the previous agreements disastrous but I pretty much agree with the rest and we could go round in circles for ever discussing DR but what is the hope for our club as it stands at the moment? New grading system makes it impossible for us to even luck our way in to the top flight where as the old system there is always the hope. Increase in prices at the turnstiles to watch decreasing standards as funding cuts take hold and its pretty hard to find the motivation to watch every week.

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I wouldn't call the previous agreements disastrous but I pretty much agree with the rest and we could go round in circles for ever discussing DR but what is the hope for our club as it stands at the moment? New grading system makes it impossible for us to even luck our way in to the top flight where as the old system there is always the hope. Increase in prices at the turnstiles to watch decreasing standards as funding cuts take hold and its pretty hard to find the motivation to watch every week.

Yep, i depressingly agree with most of that. 

• 2 weeks later...