Wigan v Penrith World Club challenge at the JJB

The Mole thinks so and Penrith are absent from the leaked NRL pre-season list

https://twitter.com/9_Moley/status/1722577250615459944

• Like 2

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

People knock the DW but it has a great atmosphere when full for matches like this.

Part of me wishes Wigan were travelling to Australia as its always special to take on the Aussies there. However its great to get the chance to see this match at home. Can't wait.

• Like 4

On 10/11/2023 at 06:16, Andy JG said:

I went to Wigan v Penrith at Anfield in 1991.... 32 years ago...dear me

Me too, Penrith kicked out on the full from the kick off and Frano Boticca converted the penalty from the half way line, from then Wigan were always in front, it was a great night out. 

32yrs ago? I must have been very young. 😘  

38 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Wigan need to win this one, like REALLY. 

They are as well equipped as Saints were last year and with a packed partisan crowd this time 

Penrith I assume though will be looking for redemption and likely to take it more seriously 

Would love Pies to bash them up

Really can't wait 

44 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Wigan need to win this one, like REALLY. 

I was just thinking the same. Looks from the outside like NRL/ Australia RL are treating English rugby league as an afterthought. 

If Wigan can win this on the back of ST Helens beating them last year it might stir up the old rivalry and make the superleague/ England RL much harder to ignore

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

It hurts to say it. But I do agree. I think my dislike of the NRL leadership outweighs that of Wigan; for now at least! 😂

To be fair almost all, if not all, Wigan fans on here supported Saints last year. Its only right you lot returned the favour 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Yorky said:

I was just thinking the same. Looks from the outside like NRL/ Australia RL are treating English rugby league as an afterthought. 

If Wigan can win this on the back of ST Helens beating them last year it might stir up the old rivalry and make the superleague/ England RL much harder to ignore

Should Wigan manage to win this game, they (and by extension us) should absolutely use it as an example to rubbish the Aussie game. Even if it's pure rhetoric, we should put the windupometer on overdrive. Sod the sporting platitudes, they should really rub it in. I might go just to support Wigan for the night!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Yorky said:

If Penrith lose 50-0, the NRL will give the same amount of F's as if they win it 50-0. i.e. Nada

7 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

They are as well equipped as Saints were last year and with a packed partisan crowd this time 

Penrith I assume though will be looking for redemption and likely to take it more seriously 

Would love Pies to bash them up

Really can't wait 

We only ever find out if they are "taking it seriously" when we see the final score. The result is what shapes the NRL's narrative.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

We only ever find out if they are "taking it seriously" when we see the final score. The result is what shapes the NRL's narrative.

That's the truth isn't it, I've been to most of these games that have been held in the UK and whenever the Aussie team has lost and I hear that they weren't taking it seriously I'm always left thinking that they certainly were up until the final whistle went.

• Thanks 4

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand