2024 attendance thread

4 hours ago, DoubleD said:

That’s a very good crowd for the Storm. Their crowds had noticeably dropped off since covid so good to see some bounce back

Last season was the Storms highest regular season average attendance and even 2022 was slightly up on the last year before Covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Literally tens of thousands of Victorians migrate permanently out of Victoria every year looking for a bit of decent weather, Queensland being one of their favourite destinations. Many Suns fumbleball fans would be expat Victorians.

But this doesnt explain the increase compared to last season….they have been heading north for years.

This was the first game of the new régime at the Suns…former Richmond coach in his first game heavily marketed and played on the no-victoria-games round. The attendence will likely be much less next week when they are home to Adelaide even though they wont be up against a Titans home game.

12 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Yes, that Parra crowd was great. Shame is, I think they could have got more. Again the NRL competitors in the AFL have had a very successful round so far, with a near capacity 21,235 watching GWS at Homebush run out winners against the Premiers. They will be ecstatic with that.

I actually feel like the NRL are rising to the challenge of the AFL for a matchday experience. 2023 was a phenomenal and unprecedented season for NRL crowds. What I did particularly notice with the GWS game was the number of groups of 3 - 8 young attractive ladies all sitting together dressed in apparel watching GWS. They have chosen to attend an AFL game rather than a Saturday night out on the town which is pretty impressive for GWS. I’ve always thought many of the Sydney NRL clubs could lift their game in becoming an attractive host for a ladies night out.

Parramatta crowd was brilliant when you consider last year the first 3 games at Commbank was between 16,000-17,000 plus and one of them was against Penrith (Thursday night game didn't help).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

What’s with the (lack of a) crowd at Fev?! Thought they’d be crammed to the rafters for that one.  

PO Rd end reduced capacity and more went in stands out of rain,3000 + was what i heard. Great being on Sportsman for many fans but that weather will put some off.

The Saints attendance was down 333 on our match against Salford in 2023. I know someone who bought a ticket for the game but gave it a miss with it being so cold, i couldn’t blame him. 

55 minutes ago, Josef K said:

The Saints attendance was down 333 on our match against Salford in 2023. I know someone who bought a ticket for the game but gave it a miss with it being so cold, i couldn’t blame him. 

Is that the attendance or tickets sold/allocated? I think the figure should always be tickets sold/allocated, because that takes out “life” choices/illness etc.

16 minutes ago, JonNgog said:

Wakey vs Bradford is sold out! When is the last time that happened in the Championship??

That's fantastic.

I think Sheffield might have had some sell outs in the last year or so, but I think the capacity was only around 1,000.

On 10/03/2024 at 19:23, Exiled Wiganer said:

“Challenge” of fumbleball. Inventing interest in Sydney. You are such a massive loser. 

I'm not a fan of AFL in the slightest, but nothing SP has said above is outrageously wrong.

On 10/03/2024 at 01:34, Sports Prophet said:

Do we think 22,378 in Newcastle is good enough? I would think anything sub 90% full for a Newcastle opening season fixture is questionable. Thursday night fixture may be the only acceptable excuse in my mind.

I actually thought it was disappointing. Can't compare it to this time last year due to the positivity for the club after the finals run. And I think Thursday was a lovely day too. I was expecting close to a sell out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JonM said:

412 for Swinton vs Sheffield - surprisingly low.

Unhelpful day and kick-off time for that tie, though (not to mention the opportunity to watch it for free). Had the game been on the Sunday, at three o'clock, I'd have probably gone over to watch it.

5 minutes ago, going for the corner said:

Was expecting 35k+ what with it being the dolphins 1st home game and a Queensland derby but 32.5k is still pretty good.

I love how they call it a derby when they’re about as close as London and Milan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, going for the corner said:

Was expecting 35k+ what with it being the dolphins 1st home game and a Queensland derby but 32.5k is still pretty good.

When you say 'derby', what is the distance between the two teams?