MRP Minutes

10 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Watts because of his previous?

Pele was charged with a Grade E offence, which carries a 4-6 ban. What has previous got to do with Pele getting a smaller ban than the minimum for the grade, despite a deliberate swinging arm to the head AND throwing a punch in the resulting melee?

10 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Watts because of his previous?

I'd imagine that was taken into account. And whilst Pele was very reckless and overly aggressive the actual contact in his case was very minimal. Had he caught Minchella flush on the jaw I expect it would have been a lot more.

2 minutes ago, Dunedan said:

Pele was charged with a Grade E offence, which carries a 4-6 ban. What has previous got to do with Pele getting a smaller ban than the minimum for the grade, despite a deliberate swinging arm to the head AND throwing a punch in the resulting melee?

I haven't seen the minutes, but it must have been downgraded?

11 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

That ridicule and criticism comes mainly from those with an agenda.

You're getting to grips with the forum then I see

• Haha 1

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

The full minutes for those which go to hearing are usually published after the deadline for any appeal has passed which will be either later today or more likely tomorrow. 

The rationale for the Disciplinary Panel’s changing of the grading or issuing a ban not at the lower end is usually included.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LeeF said:

The full minutes for those which go to hearing are usually published after the deadline for any appeal has passed which will be either later today or more likely tomorrow. 

The rationale for the Disciplinary Panel’s changing of the grading or issuing a ban not at the lower end is usually included.  

Unless I'm missing something, there are no details of this week's cases on the RFL website. This is rubbish.

• Like 1

On 20/02/2024 at 09:51, Harry Stottle said:

I won't after this season I will be long gone Budgie over to the amatuer game until that gets spoiled.

I am happy in the knowledge that for over 60 years I have watched the best this sport has had to offer at professional level, it used to be that the refs got all the accolades when "they weren't noticed" during the game, the authorities have now put them at the centre of attention and then they sit back like "big brother" analysing and scouring every second of every game trying to find something that 3 onfield, two offield and those in attendance on the terraces and in the stands have not noticed, I will never get used to it nor will I want to try.

I know, and video ref's at every SL game makes it even worse now. And Premier league fans think they've got it bad with VAR. 🧐

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Unless I'm missing something, there are no details of this week's cases on the RFL website. This is rubbish.

No there isn’t. Also the MRP minutes are usually much more detailed including those which are “NFA’d”

Previous weeks ones seem to have been uploaded

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dunedan said:

The grades and normal suspension range for each grade are listed below:

Grade Normal Suspension Range
A NFA - Fine
B Fine – 1 match
C 1–2 matches
D 2-3 matches plus Fine
E 3-5 matches plus Fine
F 6+ or period suspension

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I am pretty certain they will be running written report through their legal representatives before issue.

Overall, I think the whole process could have been introduced much better.

6 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I am pretty certain they will be running written report through their legal representatives before issue.

Overall, I think the whole process could have been introduced much better.

I mean even just the general disciplinary findings. They are usually up by now. 

2 hours ago, Ullman said:

The grading was upheld in Pele's case. Ligi Sao was successful in appealing his grading.

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/62479/disciplinary-|-operational-rules-tribunal

Based on previous examples Sao was quite lucky he didn't get charged with contact with the referee as he clearly put his hand on him after the sending off (0.26 on the video). Just to be clear, I am glad he wasn't charged as it was the merest of contact but in the past couple of years we have seen even accidental contact be punished.

Chaos! Hull KR's Matt Parcell shown yellow before FC's Ligi Sao is shown red! | Rugby League News | Sky Sports

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

I think Lisone 3 games is rather harsh with Donaldson only getting 2.

Seems the wrong way round (I think 1 for Lisone was probably about right)

Oh and they gave now rightly backtracked on the ridiculous Nu Brown incident

But a head grab to prevent a try is totally ignored!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Interested to see if any players from the Bradford/Widnes game get punished for head highs.  

Bradford had a couple from last week didn’t they?

16 hours ago, Gomersall said:

But a head grab to prevent a try is totally ignored!

What do you think the disciplinary should have given for that rather tame high tackle?

This thread aint about on field referees.