Ike game 3rd March.

We try again but have numerous injury concerns and Jarrad Sammut suspended.

We could hopefully get a few back available for the match or we could be down to the bear bones trying to raise 17.

Haven will be stronger no doubt but we know we can compete?

It should be close either way and attract a decent crowd.

One thing if their fullback was cold the last match he ain't gonna like playing in the temperature we have now, if he plays I would be telling walker and forber to be doing high bombs all afternoon..

• Like 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

On 28/02/2024 at 21:46, Peter Winthorpe said:

We try again but have numerous injury concerns and Jarrad Sammut suspended.

We could hopefully get a few back available for the match or we could be down to the bear bones trying to raise 17.

Haven will be stronger no doubt but we know we can compete?

It should be close either way and attract a decent crowd.

I’m pretty sure the performance from haven this weekend will be much much different from the other week can’t play that bad again surely 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

I’m pretty sure the performance from haven this weekend will be much much different from the other week can’t play that bad again surely 

I think we can guarantee Jonty will have worked them this last fortnight and try to pick what they did right in that 3rd quarter. Play direct down the middle and on the edges,  get a quick PTB for a roll on and then spread it when we are stretched. 

Although Town did a lot right a fortnight ago Muzza I'm sure will pick up on our 3rd quarter defensively and get them not to force the passes that cost us 12 points in the first half.

We will have walker back but have lost Sammut and probably Saunders and Steel if the craic at work is right. The Jambos have lost Corkhill and gained JD. It will be interesting to see how their FB goes as his training allegedly isnt the best as he's not acclimatised to our version of tropical weather yet 😉 

Let's hope its as good as last week with a different result! UTT

• Like 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

The result really doesn't matter, town just need to keep improving and building, improve on execution and performance for the full 80mins.hopefully it will be a close contest. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Would love another good performance with no injuries. I would love us to take back the Ike but haven paying winning pay again might make up for the loss. UTT

Is it not winning pay every game pal if you win?

36 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Is it not winning pay every game pal if you win?

Don't think they get paid in friendlies, never used to anyway.

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

48 minutes ago, Churchill Drivers said:

Yes - he played for Italy in the last Rugby League World Cup.

I was just taking the pee re Jordan Weir mentioning it every time the guy touched the ball.

• Like 1

Absolutely gobsmacked with that result ,stuck at work managed a little peep at score and seen we were losing 14-0, just come on a break now and wow, fantastic effort the club is making massive inroads both on and off field, confidence should be high going into regular season 

• Like 1

Great win, Henson to hooker made such a difference to our ruck speed, thought Bickerdikes best game in a town shirt today. Outstanding minutes from Jordan Thompson

• Like 5

Outstanding 1 to 17 once we managed to get hold of the ball.

Thought Walton was unlucky not to get man of the match, incredible effort, both with and without the ball. Thompson put in big minutes and numbers too.

Loved seeing Doran turned inside and out too. Up the Town, Ikes back where it belongs. 

• Like 8

Wow. After possibly the worst 20 minutes imaginable it looked like it was going to be a 60 point hiding. Then soon as we got some ball and territory we completely took over and there was only ever one winner after Taylor scored, considering we had no sammut, Scholey, lightowler etc the boys were outstanding, how haven allowed Taylor and ecclestone leave for the dross they have out wide is beyond me. Matty henson stood up and took complete control of that game, but my god, Walton, Hutton, burns, Thompson, Taylor, ecclestone, take a bow because that was immense for 60 minutes. Let’s not start haven because they came up against a very very good team today, and lucky to have gotten away 1-1 in head to heads this season. Jamie and Dion were by a mile havens best players, not sure if the other half back touched the ball in all honesty, and at least them two kept it competitive for as long as it was. Up the town 

Edited by wonky
  • Like 8

the futures bright,the futures blue and white