Sat 9th-Sun 10th Mar: Challenge Cup - Fifth Round Match Thread

It's golden point yet some fans are leaving?

Are they from Wigan?

• Haha 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

There's some all-male mud wrestling going on now. They seem pleased.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Nice to see a try win it. Wakey will be a lot better when the grounds are dry, but so will Fev.

Terrific ball retention all round in the conditions.

• Like 2

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Great finish - so much better it ends with a try than a drop goal.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great end to the game

• Thanks 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Well done to Featherstone for hanging in there and giving themselves a chance of snatching it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Terrific stuff!, well done to both teams.

• Like 1

Just now, Futtocks said:

Great finish - so much better it ends with a try than a drop goal.

I would continue after a drop goal, until a try or penalty was scored, or the 2x5 had finished.

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

21 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Where the hell have Fev got that winger from, the bottom division of tgd Yorkshire mens League.

Did you mean the try scoring match winner or that other bloke?

• Haha 1