Sat 9th Mar: SL: London Broncos v Wigan Warriors KO 15:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/24 at 15:30

Basically it was the equivalent of a decent Championship side playing a good SL team in the Cup - enthusiastic start but eventually overwhelmed. This looks like another case of the play-off system promoting London when their opponents would have been the better option.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Basically it was the equivalent of a decent Championship side playing a good SL team in the Cup - enthusiastic start but eventually overwhelmed. This looks like another case of the play-off system promoting London when their opponents would have been the better option.

but the fact that Toulouse & Fev both lost to this team suggests they wouldn’t have been much better

7 minutes ago, JonNgog said:

but the fact that Toulouse & Fev both lost to this team suggests they wouldn’t have been much better

It doesn't, anyone can lose a one off game.

• Like 2

Attendance 4116 (no freebies).

Strange to post this after a 22-60 loss but I took some positives from this

London looked more fluent in attack and dud put 22 points on the board which they seemed incapable of doing in the first two games.

Rob Butler had a good game.

Illness Macani had a solid game.

Alex Walker returned at the end.

Always positive to get Oli Leyland in the attack and while not Greg Barwick with the boot he has.improved.

London have got the top four teams in the comp in 4 of their first five games St Helens, Catalans, Wigan and Warrington .Other teams are not if thar calibre so Lo Don will have a punchers chance as at Hull zFC.

The Negatives

No hiding the fact that losing 22-60 at home is a spanking.

London continue to give away stupid penalties and field position which is punished at this level.

London badly need new overseas players. Jack Campansero from the Quuensland Cup beingc18th man today. NNot a good sign.

Otherwise the ara has changed a lot in the in the 30 years since I left.

Good to see a model of the old Plough Lane of.my youth in the entrance. 

London meagre shop offerings could have done with some price tags though I understand why ther are no new shirts at present.

Of the 4116 about 2000 were Wiganers and I am sad to say they also eon not just the match but the battle of the drums in the stand. 

• Like 4

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

39 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

I saw one community club advertising they had 25 free tickets to give away.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Strange to post this after a 22-60 loss but I took some positives from this

London looked more fluent in attack and dud put 22 points on the board which they seemed incapable of doing in the first two games.

Rob Butler had a good game.

Illness Macani had a solid game.

Alex Walker returned at the end.

Always positive to get Oli Leyland in the attack and while not Greg Barwick with the boot he has.improved.

London have got the top four teams in the comp in 4 of their first five games St Helens, Catalans, Wigan and Warrington .Other teams are not if thar calibre so Lo Don will have a punchers chance as at Hull zFC.

The Negatives

No hiding the fact that losing 22-60 at home is a spanking.

London continue to give away stupid penalties and field position which is punished at this level.

London badly need new overseas players. Jack Campansero from the Quuensland Cup beingc18th man today. NNot a good sign.

Otherwise the ara has changed a lot in the in the 30 years since I left.

Good to see a model of the old Plough Lane of.my youth in the entrance. 

London meagre shop offerings could have done with some price tags though I understand why ther are no new shirts at present.

Of the 4116 about 2000 were Wiganers and I am sad to say they also eon not just the match but the battle of the drums in the stand. 

I think London will win some games. They were playing a terrific Wigan side, and went toe to toe for long periods. I thought the London drum won the day but I had my Broncos head on for the day. I think it’s the Cas and FC games that will decide the bottom place… it is recognisably a Broncos team: punching above its weight, full of characters, unpredictable, unorthodox and easy to under estimate. 

1 minute ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

What makes you say that ?

4/5ths of the seats in the stands open weren't taken. It was really patchy in the South Stand and SE corner.

On the second part, for reasons of my own, I won't ever pay to watch a Broncos match again. I was there.

4 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

4/5ths of the seats in the stands open weren't taken. It was really patchy in the South Stand and SE corner.

On the second part, for reasons of my own, I won't ever pay to watch a Broncos match again. I was there.

Full in the Wigan end and pretty much full in the East stand where I was.

Sorry to read your second paragraph.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

48 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Come on Archie deep breath the club needs you.

Will be back from France (At the Dragons tonight) for next week be my guest message me 

P

1 hour ago, Szymala said:

Their visit to Cas' in Round 9 (April 26) will be very tasty the way things are going.

As a Cas fan I'm wondering how many matches it would take them to accumulate 22 points against Wigan. Things are grim at the moment. 

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

3 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

If you like rugby league .. why wouldn’t you just pay £20.

Easy. 

10 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Come on Archie deep breath the club needs you.

Will be back from France (At the Dragons tonight) for next week be my guest message me 

P

That's a generous offer.

I'll be making a trip to Medway Dragons vs Eastern Rhinos on the Saturday and two RL trips in two days is too much for me these days!

I do hope the Broncos pull in a good crowd. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Damien said:

It doesn't, anyone can lose a one off game.

How many one off games do you see London winning against the other 11 teams this year?

29 minutes ago, JonNgog said:

How many one off games do you see London winning against the other 11 teams this year?

I will jump in here personally 3 with maybe one other club on 2/3 so will be - points difference for the wooden spoon.

There is a good spirit in the London camp even when losing.

42 minutes ago, JonNgog said:

I think they will win a few. They may face heavily injury depleted teams, teams with the Cup on their minds/in their legs. Honestly, anyone outside Wigan and Saints had better stay switched on and field a strong side or they will be vulnerable.