Fev not paying staff

3 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

BTW, it gets worse. Not been paying players pension contributions, fans ordering merch 5 months ago still waiting and we apparently owe transfer money to another club (I'd guess Warrington for Longstaff, who played 2 games 🤦‍♂️)

Now that IS worrying. I can understand the drive to make the club successful means taking risks, juggling priorities and finances, but not at the players or fans expense. Not suggesting that Featherstone are in breach but it's  essential that any company pays its employer NI contributions, PAYE deductions, VAT etc else it's in really big trouble. 

After so much work seems to have gone into keeping the club going, it would be a shame if it was all lost.

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

And the common denominator in all this is…………..a certain Mr Vickers

Yep, Salford, Toronto and now Fev. Not to mention the dodgy circumstances surrounding leaving Salford council in the first place.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

BTW, it gets worse. Not been paying players pension contributions, fans ordering merch 5 months ago still waiting and we apparently owe transfer money to another club (I'd guess Warrington for Longstaff, who played 2 games 🤦‍♂️)

Although the pensions thing is still only an allegation. The article I read, Vickers conceded a little on the merchandise and debt to agents, but denied the allegations about the pension money. Which if true, surely can't be legal?!

https://inews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/featherstone-rovers-financial-woes-debt-unpaid-pensions-2961954?ico=most_popular

Seen a comment comparing the RFL “special measures” response to Salford versus their apparent lack of action here.

There are some serious allegations here. Have they responded? Even if only to say they are aware.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, whatmichaelsays said:

Speaking of clubs not paying staff.....

"The ideal candidate will: Be flexible and committed to work weekends, and evenings to help us identify the most talented players."

"At this present time, this is a voluntary role."

As rubbish as that is, I'm not sure how one club seeking staff on a voluntary role has anything to do with another club not paying people that are contracted to receive a salary.

• Like 4

Just now, phiggins said:

As rubbish as that is, I'm not sure how one club seeking staff on a voluntary role has anything to do with another club not paying people that are contracted to receive a salary.

It’s poor from the Giants and speaks to how little money is in the game. But, you’re right, it’s not like taking multiple people on professional contracts and then simply not paying them.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

"The ideal candidate will: Be flexible and committed to work weekends, and evenings to help us identify the most talented players."

You get what you pay for.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

4 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Admittedly I'm being mischievous with the comparison, but it's a very poor look for what is supposed to be one of the game's elite competition members. Asking for an "experienced" scout to work voluntarily, on what I would argue is a key business function, for their commercial gain is a very low move in my view.

10 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

Thats very often the way with scouts, a lot of the time they are just people that watch a lot of youth RL with connections to the club.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Yeah it's a completely different, irrelevant thing. Right or wrong it's not even beyond the norm in RL either, scouts often get benefits from a club and freebies but they aren't usually doing it as a formal paid role. Even in Football scouts get very little.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phiggins said:

Although the pensions thing is still only an allegation. The article I read, Vickers conceded a little on the merchandise and debt to agents, but denied the allegations about the pension money. Which if true, surely can't be legal?!

If you deduct money from an employee's wages for pension contributions, it's legally required to be in the pension by the 22nd of the following month. The pension fund has a legal duty to report this to the pensions regulator if 90 days late. The Pensions Regulator can issue fines for late payments or even for failing to respond promptly to the Pension ombudsman.

• Like 3

A new twist, quickly debunked.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb