Fri 22nd Mar-Sun 24th Mar: The Betfred Challenge Cup Sixth Round Match Thread

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I was more thinking the barge comment than that.

I agree that he was baited into it, but he shouldn’t have gone on again.

Let's be fair Tommy much of what he said was true. Batchelor drops the ball and it hits his foot lucky try, walmsleys try ball bounced off two players before he caught it both could have gone anywhere. Saints were constantly offside and had a third man flopping in the tackle. That doesn't take away how poor Leeds were on attack, wouldn't have scored again if they played till midnight. Only a big win against Cas can put off the inevitable for me and Smith gets the sack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

Said at the time he'd have been in trouble if there was a video referee.

In related news, I'm glad I don't have to watch Jack Smith referee very often. Absolutely no idea what a forward pass is or isn't.

To be fair to Mr Smith, for the one forward pass that I saw given that seem to cause controversy, the Sportsmans commentary clearly had one of the touch judges calling it forward and the ref then took their advice.

• Like 1

Just now, corvusxiii said:

Not seen this game but if not regularly offside and flopping then it would be unusual. 

Sorry your right, refs just constantly ignore it because you know, reasons.... 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Let's be fair Tommy much of what he said was true. Batchelor drops the ball and it hits his foot lucky try, walmsleys try ball bounced off two players before he caught it both could have gone anywhere. Saints were constantly offside and had a third man flopping in the tackle. That doesn't take away how poor Leeds were on attack, wouldn't have scored again if they played till midnight. Only a big win against Cas can put off the inevitable for me and Smith gets the sack.

Smith wont get sacked 6 games into the season

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Smith wont get sacked 6 games into the season

The players have downed tools, given up. There's a very real chance he does get sacked soon.

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

The players have downed tools, given up. There's a very real chance he does get sacked soon.

The players seem to down tools every season no matter who the coach is

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

Give over, theyve lost two games to one of the best sides in the league- im talking about Rohan here not Tony

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Give over, theyve lost two games to one of the best sides in the league- im talking about Rohan here not Tony

Sorry, I thought it was about Tony.

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

He won’t get sacked either They can’t afford the payout 

He seems the kind of person who will walk away if needs be, he's a very decent person.

21 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Sorry have to disagree 

It's not fair, we wuz robbed. 🥱🥱🥱🥱

I thought we were supposed to be discussing the game.

"Please stick to discussing the matches in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased...."

Edited by JohnM

42 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

To be fair to Mr Smith, for the one forward pass that I saw given that seem to cause controversy, the Sportsmans commentary clearly had one of the touch judges calling it forward and the ref then took their advice.

Forward passes are (generally) the touch judges' job.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

10 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

How much more of this will you lot put up with?

In what way mate?

It continues regardless of what I'm doing. I decided to vote with my feet at the end of last season, only game I've been to this year was the derby, didn't feel right missing that one.

But I should have.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)