Sat 6th Apr: SL: Hull FC v Huddersfield Giants KO 15:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/24 at 14:30

1 hour ago, Ant said:

Credit to Hull, but this week and last, your resolve definitely stiffened after the break 

Yet we've been even worse in the first half each of those games. I thought 28-0 was bad, but letting in 40 is horrendous.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

probably less than the amount of points Hull FC and leigh have shipped between them this weekend 😝😝

Most definitely, probably about 80 supporters, if that. 😂 😎

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bratman said:

Probably less than Leigh and Hull scored between them as well 😄

No, that'll be at Catalan next week. There will be less there than Leigh scored v Wigan. 😝  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LeeF said:

Well the IMG scheme, which was agreed by the clubs, is good as a Club can lose their Grade A status

Hull will not go down even if they finish bottom due to IMG.

18 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Hull will not go down even if they finish bottom due to IMG.

Maybe not this year but they can still lose their Grade A status so will then be in the Grade B mixed zone

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Maybe not this year but they can still lose their Grade A status so will then be in the Grade B mixed zone

Genuine question, what would make IMG downgrade Hull after this season? There’s a chance that they will finish above London so wouldn’t have been relegated anyway if they did.

2 hours ago, Zilla Budgie said:

Most definitely, probably about 80 supporters, if that. 😂 😎

How many competition points do we lose for that please, asking for a friend of course? 

17 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Genuine question, what would make IMG downgrade Hull after this season? There’s a chance that they will finish above London so wouldn’t have been relegated anyway if they did.

They can potentially lose points across all the scoring areas with the league position one being the most obvious. I don’t know what their finances or crowd scores were but those would be impacted by (another) poor season.

Grade A is at a certain score and no club is guaranteed an A for life

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LeeF said:

They can potentially lose points across all the scoring areas with the league position one being the most obvious. I don’t know what their finances or crowd scores were but those would be impacted by (another) poor season.

Grade A is at a certain score and no club is guaranteed an A for life

Whilst I see your point I’ll be amazed if that erosion from an A to a B happens in one year.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JonNgog said:

And now with no threat of relegation they can safely drop their standards even further. Total waste of space.

Yes, I am one of those who is totally and vehemently against this IMG system Jon, I said before the season started that there would be meaningless and 'can't be bothered' games that will happen due to no relegation as the season progresses, here we are at only round 7 and it is already becoming evident that it is taking place, Hull FC are prime examples, Cas fans have already stated they need to spend money off rather than in the field, London already know it was no point spending on a playing roster, and even my team Leigh with the injury situation I am sure would have actively pursued more proficient player's if League points were an essential element of maintaining SL status.

But again those who know better said all games would be competed for as though the threat of relegation was not removed, you are wrong lads the evidence is there for all to see, and if we do ever get to 12 'A' grades it will only get worse on the field, just make sure your clicks are up, we have padded seats in the directors box, light-up advertising and big screens are essential and probably more important that two good half backs or two good props.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MZH said:

Tbf we are normally just a bit disappointing. We promise a lot and then finish 8th or something. We've never been close to being in a relegation battle. We have never been anything like as bad as this.

No you have done enough MZH, but under this system it doesn't matter, I well remember in the last few years when Leeds and Wire were looking very dubious of maintaining their SL status and we had posters on this site saying if they did go down the system should be changed to reinstate them, well the system has been changed so it will never be a threat again, is it for the better?

1 hour ago, Gomersall said:

Whilst I see your point I’ll be amazed if that erosion from an A to a B happens in one year.

Every team that goes from an A to a B will do it in one year. 

• Like 1

Hull FCs situation is absolutely nothing to do with lack of promotion or relegation, IMG, A or B  or whatever.

If Hull FC continue in this vein, the number of paying spectators will fall,  season ticket numbers will fall adversely affecting income and cash flow now and next season. Players will want to leave, and the club will not be able to attract new ones. The manager will quit/ be fired and the club will find it hard to attract a good one. Players who remain but don't try will find it hard to get contracts with other SL clubs.  The club then will have to move to a smaller more affordable stadium. the owner will want to cut his losses and will seek a buyer.The whole thing will spiral down to oblivion.

That's not going to happen though.

The players have too much self respect and aware of what awaits them and the club if they don't give of their best each and every game from now on.

it may be that in the Western Spiral Arm of the Galaxy, a certain style of ownership strikes fear into an under-performing and under-achieving team, but that macho approach died out when the mill-owners sold up and moved to Florida.

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.

For want of a shoe the horse was lost.

For want of a horse the rider was lost.

For want of a rider the message was lost.

For want of a message the battle was lost.

For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.

And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

• Like 1

"Can we play you every week?"

I actually feel sorry for Hull fans now.

This isn't just one bad season, it's a terrible start to another bad season for a team that really ought to be among the biggest in the sport, yet are miles behind their city rivals and are well behind most other clubs, apart from 2016 & 2017 they have been poor on the field and it appears off the field too.

All this has happened during Adam Pearson's reign.

As for the Giants, our most vocal negative fans must be getting very cross indeed with 3 wins on the bounce!

Hopefully we can push on now we've beaten the 3 weakest links and get some points off the top 9 clubs?

Edited by meast

2 hours ago, Gomersall said:

It won’t happen in one year though will it? It will happen over a few seasons. 

They scored 15.05 points with the Grade A cut off being 15 points.

In 2021 they finished 8th. This year, based on performances to date, they will finish below 8th so their score should reduce all other things staying the same.

I don’t know the calculations for the “position” points but they were very close to the threshold. Other areas may also be impacted. 

Now they may achieve a “safe” Grade B but that is dependant upon others not improving etc

Just watching the game on catch up, it's amazing that Turry Uconur still manages to get a gig as a co-commentator.

Nice enough bloke but he's utterly rubbish behind the mic

"Hull are a good side that are at the wrong end of the table" after they score one try

No, Terry, they are where they deserve to be because they're rubbish!

"This could be dangerous, this could get messy" As Huddersfield run in their 7th try of the first half!

As opposed to be comfortably competing at 6-34 Terry?

6 hours ago, Gomersall said:

It won’t happen in one year though will it? It will happen over a few seasons. 

I still don’t get it a team/club like Leeds may take a few years to get closer to the cut off point but any team that drops a grade( or goes up one). Will be one grade one year and a different one the following year. 

10 hours ago, bobbruce said:

I still don’t get it a team/club like Leeds may take a few years to get closer to the cut off point but any team that drops a grade( or goes up one). Will be one grade one year and a different one the following year. 

This is what you get with a cloak and dagger system Bob.

17 hours ago, meast said:

"Can we play you every week?"

I actually feel sorry for Hull fans now.

This isn't just one bad season, it's a terrible start to another bad season for a team that really ought to be among the biggest in the sport, yet are miles behind their city rivals and are well behind most other clubs, apart from 2016 & 2017 they have been poor on the field and it appears off the field too.

All this has happened during Adam Pearson's reign.

As for the Giants, our most vocal negative fans must be getting very cross indeed with 3 wins on the bounce!

Hopefully we can push on now we've beaten the 3 weakest links and get some points off the top 9 clubs?

Ad yet on other forums their fans are all saying it's TS fault, not the players, not the owner, not the culture, it's the fault of one of the finest coaches of the modern era why Hull FC continue to be such a porr club/team.

Absolutely amazing to think all the players and coaches before Tony were so good and an asset to the club that they had no issues.

Someone did make reference to something like 10 players who have failed under 4 coaches but they were quickly put in place and reminded that it's all TS's fault!!!!!

What a weird club and fan base they're turning into.

In our last 3 games we've put 50 plus points on them and i've even seen comments saying they should still be beating the likes of Huddersfield whoever they have playing for them and we are the epitome of mediocre, strange stuff in them waters across there.

• Like 1