Thur 4th Apr: SL: Leigh Leopards v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/24 at 19:30

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Yes , I don’t think that’s even a penalty 

Slow motion on those kind of things doesn't help, it's a split second after the balls gone, it's what your taught to bloody do as an attacker, draw the defender in and pass it. Ridiculous really.

Edited by dkw
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, M j M said:

What an a-hole. Really just the worst sort of person to work for or with.

It makes the constructive dismissal claim easier

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, PREPOSTEROUS said:

By a fraction of a second, take it close to the line your gunna get hit. Could've been a yellow based on this season standards.

So based on this season standards where is the consistency?

Anyway an entertaining half of rugby league 

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Really? I mean, it’s definitely a penalty what with him hitting him late after the ball has gone.

Really.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Padge said:

Really.

Did the official give a penalty?

Yes, he did.

Was he right to do so?

Well, obviously. Because it was.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Wolfey Rovers said:

So based on this season standards where is the consistency?

Anyway an entertaining half of rugby league 

Its clearly a fluid situation as the officials try and get the right balance, Moylan would've seen red in the first few games for his hit on Field. 

18 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Leigh having a bit of a hangover from last season, they seem to have lost that spark they had in 2023.

And 3 Superleague dream team players in the spine + 4 others. It will turn around when some bodies are back 

The message for us -Wigan- is in the stats that were read out by the commentators. We're the second highest conceder of penalties this season. Sooner or later that will cost us one or more games.  

Good game, though. Some silky skills on show, some smart kicking, some mistakes, some( but nowhere enough) pinpoint tackles from Leigh, the odd spark from their halves, but too many players looking slow and laboured. 

3 minutes ago, meast said:

He won't need to worry when his new breakaway league comes to fruition.

HE WILL NOT BE SILENCED.

*hic*

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Did the official give a penalty?

Yes, he did.

Was he right to do so?

Well, obviously. Because it was.

The ref gave what he saw, as refs always do. Accepting his decision doesn't mean I don't have a different take having seen the replays.

No argument from me over the ref giving what he saw it as. The argument is with you over what you saw it as considering you had the advantage, as I do, of seeing multiple replays.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 minutes ago, M j M said:

Is it just me who finds the Leigh player names on their shirts totally illegible?

Definitely a struggle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrewj said:

And 3 Superleague dream team players in the spine + 4 others. It will turn around when some bodies are back 

Yep, missing our entire starting front row today plus our 13 and Captain. Briscoe has been replaced fantastically on the wing by Hanley but none of the others have been replaced with a similar quality. 

We are trying and I can see the bones of a good team in us. 

Just got to tough it out for now. We'll get better. The effort is there to see at least. We are so stupid at times though!  

1 minute ago, Padge said:

The ref gave what he saw, as refs always do. Accepting his decision doesn't mean I don't have a different take having seen the replays.

No argument from me over the ref giving what he saw it as. The argument is with you over what you saw it as considering you had the advantage, as I do, of seeing multiple replays.

He spoke to the video ref who confirmed it.

After multiple replays.

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Definitely a struggle.

L for lemon A for apple M for melon -only 3 letters - its easy really

Edited by graveyard johnny

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

My take on the incidents in the first half.

Moylan yellow, correct, although he didn't attempt to wrap his arm, just dropped it, very lucky that Field was almost on his knees or it could have been red.

Thompson on Moylan, nothing in it, slightly late but he was committed, genuine attempt to close the kicker down.

Miski on O'Brien, again he's committed to the tackle, it was late and forceful, but it was a genuine, if a little mistimed, penalty was probably for being late on the passer rather than anything else.

Ref got them all right, Leigh fans got them wrong.

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

L for lemon A for apple M for melon - its easy really

Another week when you forgot to cancel Sky

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, dkw said:

Slow motion on those kind of things doesn't help, it's a split second after the balls gone, it's what your taught to bloody do as an attacker, draw the defender in and pass it. Ridiculous really.

Yeah, replaying it in slow motion is unfair on the defender.

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

L for lemon A for apple M for melon -only 3 letters - its easy really

L for leather, A for 'orses, M for sis, as the old joke alphabet goes.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson