Fans fourm

sb01

For those unable to attend at Saddleworth Rangers, here are some of the matters dealt with.

There will be future forums at Waterhead, St Annes, Higginshaw and hopefully Limehurst.

The aim of the fist team is promotion, this season, then finishing in the top 4 of the Championship next season with Super League within 5 years. To that end recruitment of other players is currently underway.

There is an arranged fixture next weekend against Salford Reserves which will take place in Salford.

In addition to the first team, the announced funding this week for a part-time person to assist with development of girls rugby in the area, will then ultimately lead to a girls competitive team in 2025.

The intention is to create a third team - Academy level, which is all part of the longer preparation for potential Super League entry. This may contain players who have come through the Pathway Programme, and therefore from the area. Whilst not part of this, note was made that one amateur player (from Waterhead) who was currently training with the first team.

JT commented on the much better facilities at Boundary Park than exists at Castleford.

Sean Long also said that he is currently enjoying his coaching role more than he has done at any club in the past.

Finally, there are specific plans for further developments of the Boundary Park experience, including an attempt next season at a new world record attempt - details not disclosed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, sb01 said:

For those unable to attend at Saddleworth Rangers, here are some of the matters dealt with.

There will be future forums at Waterhead, St Annes, Higginshaw and hopefully Limehurst.

The aim of the fist team is promotion, this season, then finishing in the top 4 of the Championship next season with Super League within 5 years. To that end recruitment of other players is currently underway.

There is an arranged fixture next weekend against Salford Reserves which will take place in Salford.

In addition to the first team, the announced funding this week for a part-time person to assist with development of girls rugby in the area, will then ultimately lead to a girls competitive team in 2025.

The intention is to create a third team - Academy level, which is all part of the longer preparation for potential Super League entry. This may contain players who have come through the Pathway Programme, and therefore from the area. Whilst not part of this, note was made that one amateur player (from Waterhead) who was currently training with the first team.

JT commented on the much better facilities at Boundary Park than exists at Castleford.

Sean Long also said that he is currently enjoying his coaching role more than he has done at any club in the past.

Finally, there are specific plans for further developments of the Boundary Park experience, including an attempt next season at a new world record attempt - details not disclosed.

Thanks for the update. Couldn’t make it due to the short notice. Was it videoed like previous ones?

Cast your minds back 18 months ago , or to any time over decades before that - anyone talking in such terms would have been laughed out of the room or be sent to have their medication checked! The movers and shakers behind all this are heroic. I can feel the excitement. I’d say they should run the country but no, let’s keep them for Oldham and give them every atom of support we can. Come on, you ‘Yeds!!!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Cast your minds back 18 months ago , or to any time over decades before that - anyone talking in such terms would have been laughed out of the room or be sent to have their medication checked! The movers and shakers behind all this are heroic. I can feel the excitement. I’d say they should run the country but no, let’s keep them for Oldham and give them every atom of support we can. Come on, you ‘Yeds!!!

It's a complete revelation,after a generation of the club dying a slow death.

Well done to all concerned.

Even if it does go wrong, at least we'll have died with our boots on.

• Like 4

They're really trying to engage with the amateur club's. Having these forums at the amateur club's is a fantastic idea. Great exposure for the club. Complete opposite to the isolationist viewpoint of the previous administration. Very refreshing and very transparent.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

They're really trying to engage with the amateur club's. Having these forums at the amateur club's is a fantastic idea. Great exposure for the club. Complete opposite to the isolationist viewpoint of the previous administration. Very refreshing and very transparent.

Very revealing quote from Bill Quinn regarding no engagement with the clubs  back in 2009-10. Really really sad. 

Edited by sheddingswasus
Corrected

The club is doing so much right.

Great to see kids in Oldham colours.

Great to see the club looking to the future but also recognising and repecting our past. All that 25 year anniversary rubbish gone thank goodness!

Keep it up 

(Could you stop the music being played during the game please? 😅)

Edited by herbie
  • Like 2

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

5 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

Very revealing quote from Bill Quinn regarding no engagement hack in 2009-10 why 

The previous administration killed rugby league in Oldham. I hope the new boys can breathe new life into the rugby league community in Oldham. What they've done up to now is fantastic.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

The previous administration killed rugby league in Oldham. I hope the new boys can breathe new life into the rugby league community in Oldham. What they've done up to now is fantastic.

Yes they did everything to kill RL and I cant help feeling frustrated and angry lookin back at a generation of poor management and selfish decision making

We are now light years ahead of where we were 18 months ago and I'll support this board and management to the hilt while they start to slowly repair the massive damage thay was left behind

• Like 5

forgive me crab but who are these they that ruined oldham rlfc.

for as far as i can remember it was one man, and one man only who ruined this club.

i hope when oldham are at home on sundays and he is sat in his house.

with all his widows open he can hear all the cheering

• Like 6

3 hours ago, tandle said:

for as far as i can remember it was one man, and one man only who ruined this club.

I believe he's not flavour of the month at Widnes.

• Haha 1

On 13/04/2024 at 10:04, herbie said:

The club is doing so much right.

Great to see kids in Oldham colours.

Great to see the club looking to the future but also recognising and repecting our past. All that 25 year anniversary rubbish gone thank goodness!

Keep it up 

(Could you stop the music being played during the game please? 😅)

I agree with you regarding the music. Maybe just playing some after a try and a goal would suffice.

• Like 1

I don’t mind the music but appreciate it is not to everyone’s taste. It was great to see quite a number of the kids in the crowd dancing and singing along at times and it does seem to contribute to the atmosphere.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I believe he's not flavour of the month at Widnes.

I am just praying he is still there next season and we destroy Widnes over both of the games. That would be pretty sweet!!

• Like 1

On 13/04/2024 at 19:57, tandle said:

Got told he's moved and now lives in Failsworth

On 13/04/2024 at 19:57, tandle said:

Jim Quinn was that man. CH didn't ruin it, he kept it in a coma on life support.  Thank goodness he did because we were waiting for the right time for Fordy and Bill Quinn et al to bring a new dawn. As for his time at widnes? Fans are fickle and at the moment they are 4 from 4 unbeaten. If and when 'the project' brings life back to rugby league in Oldham, then I will forgive the last twenty five years of drudgery. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Jim Quinn was that man. CH didn't ruin it, he kept it in a coma on life support.  Thank goodness he did because we were waiting for the right time for Fordy and Bill Quinn et al to bring a new dawn. As for his time at widnes? Fans are fickle and at the moment they are 4 from 4 unbeaten. If and when 'the project' brings life back to rugby league in Oldham, then I will forgive the last twenty five years of drudgery. 

Agreed. However, whatever our feelings, perceptions, etc, for me it's time to move on now. A new era has begun, far more unexpectedly and excitingly than surely any of us could have dared expect. Dredging up stuff won't help - it's the future that counts from now on, Come on, you 'Yeds!

• Like 5