bulls home sunday

georgeb1

Absolutely superb performance from 1-17 yesterday. Really pleased for Hendo, his coaching staff and all the players. They have all taken quite a bit of stick so far this season, some quite rightfully deserved but they'll be stronger for that first month of the season. Now hopefully we'll start getting a few more bodies back, both from injuries and suspension, and kick on to better performances. Couldn't have asked for more from any of the players yesterday, which as a fan, is what you want week in week out. The "challenge" from Taufua will make interesting viewing, it looked a horrible challenge. I think Hendo's pre match team talk was pretty much done by the Bulls fans singing "going down going down going down"  as York warmed up right in front of them.   

• Like 2

2 brilliant wins, as far as the mens team goes; harrison was awesome, unflappable under pressure. and harris kicked really well all day long. pemberton brings so much energy to the team he seems an absolutely grand lad and has to start every week for me. 

and no daft music cutting up the match!! happy days

• Like 2

A real team effort that - reasonably error free, can't remember us getting pinged for offside (even though the line speed was good) and excellent collective defence against an in-form team that was noticeably bigger than us.

Bench was great as well today. Ronan Michael, Josh Daley and Jack Teanby brought a real energy to us when we could have flagged. A round of applause for Akuma Ta'ai too, who played long and valuable minutes for a veteran prop.

Edited by RBKnight
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mn79 said:

Absolutely superb performance from 1-17 yesterday. Really pleased for Hendo, his coaching staff and all the players. They have all taken quite a bit of stick so far this season, some quite rightfully deserved but they'll be stronger for that first month of the season. Now hopefully we'll start getting a few more bodies back, both from injuries and suspension, and kick on to better performances. Couldn't have asked for more from any of the players yesterday, which as a fan, is what you want week in week out. The "challenge" from Taufua will make interesting viewing, it looked a horrible challenge. I think Hendo's pre match team talk was pretty much done by the Bulls fans singing "going down going down going down"  as York warmed up right in front of them.   

Yes. I'm afraid Mr Taufua might be a little nervous.

Bullmania said the refereeing didn't affect the outcome, I understand what he means but I'd beg to differ slightly cos Taufua's challenge looked like a red under the new protocol's from our angle.

Can't knock the Bulls fans, great following, great atmosphere - Bulls were down to barebones by the end with injuries to several players and they lost Dan Smith in the warm-up.

Difficult to pick an MOM but Jimmy K had his best game in a York shirt. Great intensity throughout from all 17.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Difficult to pick an MOM but Jimmy K had his best game in a York shirt. Great intensity throughout from all 17.

I'd second that Andy. Yesterday we had players playing in their proper positions. Jimmy K., Myles and Lineham knew their roles, and didn't get dragged out of position. This was really noticeable early on when Bradford were moving the ball out wide quickly but couldn't find a way through. Also, Josh D when he came on as replacement hooker looked far more comfortable than he did last week.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Yes. I'm afraid Mr Taufua might be a little nervous.

Bullmania said the refereeing didn't affect the outcome, I understand what he means but I'd beg to differ slightly cos Taufua's challenge looked like a red under the new protocol's from our angle.

Can't knock the Bulls fans, great following, great atmosphere - Bulls were down to barebones by the end with injuries to several players and they lost Dan Smith in the warm-up.

From behind the sticks couldn’t see anything in it just ball popped out so seemed fair. So I can’t say on the matter without seeing the tackle again from close up.

14 hours ago, Cam varley said:

I’ve really liked gannon so far on his return shame that he had a medical boot on his foot after the game 

Shame to see him injured. All reports I've seen about him from reserve games and pre season friendlies have all been positive, so not sure why he's never been given a chance at Leigh. Can only assume Lam doesn't think he's ready for SL yet, hence the season long loan rather than week to week.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

From behind the sticks couldn’t see anything in it just ball popped out so seemed fair. So I can’t say on the matter without seeing the tackle again from close up.

It's the defenders responsibility to ensure no head contact, so the fact Severs had a head injury would say to me that Taufua made contact with his head. Should have been off, you see that given as a decision in SL every week.

When you see the things our players have been banned for so far this year, it's a bit of a joke that it didn't even warrant a penalty.

• Like 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

40 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

It's the defenders responsibility to ensure no head contact, so the fact Severs had a head injury would say to me that Taufua made contact with his head. Should have been off, you see that given as a decision in SL every week.

When you see the things our players have been banned for so far this year, it's a bit of a joke that it didn't even warrant a penalty.

Absolutely Si. The most damning thing official-wise was that the touch judge was about two metres away!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Absolutely Si. The most damning thing official-wise was that the touch judge was about two metres away!

from where I was sat it looked like there was no attempt to tackle whatsoever it was a blatent shoulder charge which at the very least should have been a penalty and 10 minutes in the bin , at the start of the season it would have been a red card without question. how none of the officials saw it is beyond comprehension, it is to be hoped the match review panel picked it up or the whole thing is a joke.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

from where I was sat it looked like there was no attempt to tackle whatsoever it was a blatent shoulder charge which at the very least should have been a penalty and 10 minutes in the bin , at the start of the season it would have been a red card without question. how none of the officials saw it is beyond comprehension, it is to be hoped the match review panel picked it up or the whole thing is a joke.

Same match review panel that saw no case to answer for both Hansen & Akauola from Toulouse, yet banned Jordan Thompson for 2 matches for a shove.

• Like 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Rene_Artois said:

Pleased to see you win. You're in a false position. Hard start to season with fixtures and injuries.

It's a start now we have to back it up next weekend against Batley .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rene_Artois said:

Pleased to see you win. You're in a false position. Hard start to season with fixtures and injuries.

Watson Boas move into the halves seems to have paid off for you yesterday.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Watson Boas move into the halves seems to have paid off for you yesterday.

It did. The quick rucks and the service Boas and Lovodua gave from acting half sped things up. Robinson played his part from the bench. Keep it up against Dewsbury next week and it looks. Good. Do us a favour and take the points off Batley!

Edited by Rene_Artois
  • Like 1

Exactly, Deano. Commented on air. Seemed like a deliberate policy by McGowan but I'll bet he gets burnt a few times this season doing that.

3 hours ago, andyacko said:

Exactly, Deano. Commented on air. Seemed like a deliberate policy by McGowan but I'll bet he gets burnt a few times this season doing that.

Taufua did it as well - just looked like hesitancy (and good kicking by Liam Harris) rather than a deliberate ploy to me.

• Like 1