haven this sun

15 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

nah 12 for the valk and 3 for us is about right😉

Except we've all already paid for the Valks by buying season tickets. Yet all of a sudden we have to pay again 🙄

23 minutes ago, JonT said:

Except we've all already paid for the Valks by buying season tickets. Yet all of a sudden we have to pay again 🙄

Just do what I’m doing if you’re not happy. Don’t go. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes | Leaflets | Cards | Banners & Flags | Letterheads | Tickets | Magazines | Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

8 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

That’s the spirit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

7 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

no , they need us more than ever , as a genuine fan i will be there and it's the cup anything can happen😀

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Roger York said:

Does anyone know how to book your season ticket seat for the Sheffield match I try but it says my seat is unavailable?

Just book any seat.  You can sit where you want

• Thanks 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

15 minutes ago, Roger York said:

Does anyone know how to book your season ticket seat for the Sheffield match I try but it says my seat is unavailable?

I called in the club shop last week and got ours. If that's not convenient give them a ring and buy over the phone. They'll email it to you or pick it up on Sunday. I always find them very obliging.

• Thanks 1

Had some time to stew over Sunday.

Another game that should have been a W that was gone by half time.

I sat there and interviewed Hendo after he had to endure his team not performing and some woeful individual performances on display. He was embarrassed by what was served up and his face said everything as he had to go through that 'walk of shame' at half time. I was told from someone close by that he was, let's say, very forthright in his half time views of that first half.

For us then to concede three minutes after the break?

From where I sit I believe we have a number of players who are either just not good enough for this level or are suffering a real crisis of confidence. Those early jitters on Sunday spread through the team like a virus.

Oh for the return of Santi, Field, Bailey A, Cunningham, AJ and Jessie Dee to add both fire and backbone.

Have we reached a low, yes. Have we reached the level we are, no, no and no again. I honestly believe it will turn as players filter back and Hendo will get it sorted but I think a couple of players who featured on Sunday should have an extended wait for their next appearance...

Controversial possibly, also - that half back pairing doesn't work for me..   Any thoughts?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, andyacko said:

I sat there and interviewed Hendo after he had to endure his team not performing and some woeful individual performances on display. He was embarrassed by what was served up and his face said everything as he had to go through that 'walk of shame' at half time. I was told from someone close by that he was, let's say, very forthright in his half time views of that first half.

From where I sit I believe we have a number of players who are either just not good enough for this level or are suffering a real crisis of confidence. Those early jitters on Sunday spread through the team like a virus.

Oh for the return of Santi, Field, Bailey A, Cunningham, AJ and Jessie Dee to add both fire and backbone.

Have we reached a low, yes. Have we reached the level we are, no, no and no again. I honestly believe it will turn as players filter back and Hendo will get it sorted but I think a couple of players who featured on Sunday should have an extended wait for their next appearance...

Controversial possibly, also - that half back pairing doesn't work for me..   Any thoughts?

Yes for me Harris and Hingano in the halves, Thompson at lock.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, andyacko said:

It doesn’t help when we don’t have the same pivots two weeks running, how can you build a partnership between the halves and LF when they keep changing, not the fault of Hendo , he can’t help players being injured or suspended except tightening up on the discipline. All that said we have a small pack, which needs bolstering with a player like Pauli but who is fit and a settled half back pairing, move JT back to loose give him the captaincy to take pressure of Harris so he can concentrate on his own game and sort out the centres and wings, we miss Jesse Dee , not the biggest lad but my god he puts 100% in as does Santi in the forwards. Like you so am sure it will come good.

• Like 2

Hingano is by far our best halfback and should start there every week when fit , i personally don't think there's a lot between harris and williams , teanby , michael and fitzy are too similar and the opposition soon figure them out , with their footwork and class jordy and ukuma are the only 2 forwards at present who can break the line , thankfully early days with some good uns to return but i still feel investment in a tried and tested backrower would improve things immensely.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Problem is Andy Hendo apologizes every week, but nothing changes?

Someone asked one of the ex York players in the crowd yesterday what our defence coach does, he replied not a lot! 

To be fair looking at the list of players to come back doesnt fill me with that much confidence, some hard workers but no game changers if were honest, its the same old problem, we lack size and some old heads, exactly what we said at the end of last season. We were promised a squad of 30 this season, think we got to 29, then PP and myler went, we sent 4 or 5 to Newcastle, got 3 on loan, 1 who is back at Leeds, 2 injured so I reckon we actually have a squad of what 23? That includes all our young lads.

They all look shot of confidence, and I'll never understand why players are out of position, Tommo is our most consistent player, at LF, Ata is class, at HB, might as well put Lineham in the pack and play AJ, put Dagger in the centres and play Myles at FB, if thats the way we are going.

I hope the club fine Dagger for yesterday, dont think he's managed a full game for us yet, he's one of our more experienced players, he should know better than gobbing off at the ref when we are getting whalloped.

Yesterday was as poor as I can remember for many a year, season ticket holders leaving at half time, someone was moaning to Clint at full time, we could have done with this week off to re-set because another drubbing and more injuries will do us no favours whatsoever.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, only 2 weeks away said:

Problem is Andy Hendo apologizes every week, but nothing changes?

Someone asked one of the ex York players in the crowd yesterday what our defence coach does, he replied not a lot! 

To be fair looking at the list of players to come back doesnt fill me with that much confidence, some hard workers but no game changers if were honest, its the same old problem, we lack size and some old heads, exactly what we said at the end of last season. We were promised a squad of 30 this season, think we got to 29, then PP and myler went, we sent 4 or 5 to Newcastle, got 3 on loan, 1 who is back at Leeds, 2 injured so I reckon we actually have a squad of what 23? That includes all our young lads.

They all look shot of confidence, and I'll never understand why players are out of position, Tommo is our most consistent player, at LF, Ata is class, at HB, might as well put Lineham in the pack and play AJ, put Dagger in the centres and play Myles at FB, if thats the way we are going.

I hope the club fine Dagger for yesterday, dont think he's managed a full game for us yet, he's one of our more experienced players, he should know better than gobbing off at the ref when we are getting whalloped.

Yesterday was as poor as I can remember for many a year, season ticket holders leaving at half time, someone was moaning to Clint at full time, we could have done with this week off to re-set because another drubbing and more injuries will do us no favours whatsoever.

Just watched Hendo's post match interview on YouTube: "Ultimately we're judged by what we do on a Sunday".

It doesn't feel like the club really has that as the number 1 priority to me. Chuck what you can at the first team and when that's going well, then start to build around that. 

• Like 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes | Leaflets | Cards | Banners & Flags | Letterheads | Tickets | Magazines | Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

2 hours ago, andyacko said:

That half time reaction by the supporters has been brewing for a few weeks now with the lack of communication from the club and the performances on the pitch which in all honesty as been terrible apart from the Bradford game and does the Hendo actually know when we are getting these players back on the field and i still think we are at least two props short at this time as least two of them are not up to championship rugby was a sad day on Sunday for everyone connected to the knights.Any chance you could get Clint on the Radio to actually tell what's happened to the Myler money or has just walked away from the club with his large signing on fee.

• Like 1

Put Hingano at 6 and leave him there until he next gets injured. If/when that happens then its time to move him on.

Leave Harris at 7.

Pembo well ahead of Williams for me.

We needed a prop at the start of the season and we signed a winger/marketing manager, leaving a homegrown winger with SL potential in the stands. No I will not stop being angry about this.

Our marquee has moved on after 2 games and we still need a prop. A French lad that can't get a visa doesn't count.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Put Hingano at 6 and leave him there until he next gets injured. If/when that happens then its time to move him on.

Leave Harris at 7.

Pembo well ahead of Williams for me.

We needed a prop at the start of the season and we signed a winger/marketing manager, leaving a homegrown winger with SL potential in the stands. No I will not stop being angry about this.

Our marquee has moved on after 2 games and we still need a prop. A French lad that can't get a visa doesn't count.

Nowt I disagree with there, Gav.

• Like 2

By the way, if you watch the 'highlights', looks as though Dags wasn't wrong about Romeo's 'try'!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, andyacko said:

By the way, if you watch the 'highlights', looks as though Dags wasn't wrong about Romeo's 'try'!

very true andy , but he's not the ref so should keep it shut if it risks a dismissal and letting his side down

• Like 1

6 hours ago, andyacko said:

Not often that I'm speechless. 

STILL STEWING!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

very true andy , but he's not the ref so should keep it shut if it risks a dismissal and letting his side down

You're right George but as we know, easier said than done in the heat of the moment.

Edited by Clarence Street
  • Like 1

York RLFC v Sheffield Eagles

12th May, KO: 15:00
  • M Com: G. Kershaw
  • Referee: S. Mikalauskas
  • Reserve Referee: M. Lynn
  • Touch Judge 1: P. Marklove
  • Touch Judge 2: G. Jones
  • Time Keeper: M. Hebblethwaite
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, andyacko said:

York RLFC v Sheffield Eagles

12th May, KO: 15:00
  • M Com: G. Kershaw
  • Referee: S. Mikalauskas
  • Reserve Referee: M. Lynn
  • Touch Judge 1: P. Marklove
  • Touch Judge 2: G. Jones
  • Time Keeper: M. Hebblethwaite

Hendo better put a muzzle on Dagger this week then!

Edited by HaxbyKnight
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, andyacko said:

Yes he dropped the ball but the referee had given the try and shouting at the ref ain’t going to change his mind as a senior player he should be leading by example. 

Those incidents happen in the Bradford game they had a perfectly good try disallowed around the same position.

For me Williams is not smooth enough everything looks clunky with him l don’t know if he sticking to a plan and not playing his natural game and that’s hindering him.

To me it’s clear that Higano is our best attacking halfback so why blunt his energy playing loose forward and defending in the middle.

It baffles me watching us sometimes we keep hearing how good our training facilities are with the video sessions etc but come game day we look like 13 strangers on a pitch.

I hope it comes right soon we are all used to disappointment but have we had a squad with more money invested in it than this season? And to be turning performances out like that obviously something is not right.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Roger York said:

Yes he dropped the ball but the referee had given the try and shouting at the ref ain’t going to change his mind as a senior player he should be leading by example. 

Those incidents happen in the Bradford game they had a perfectly good try disallowed around the same position.

For me Williams is not smooth enough everything looks clunky with him l don’t know if he sticking to a plan and not playing his natural game and that’s hindering him.

To me it’s clear that Higano is our best attacking halfback so why blunt his energy playing loose forward and defending in the middle.

It baffles me watching us sometimes we keep hearing how good our training facilities are with the video sessions etc but come game day we look like 13 strangers on a pitch.

I hope it comes right soon we are all used to disappointment but have we had a squad with more money invested in it than this season? And to be turning performances out like that obviously something is not right.

A note on Williams, when he was at Haven he played his best stuff off the cuff, you may be right that the game plan is hindering him. I'd give him time and stick with him, he'll come good for you I'm sure 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

A note on Williams, when he was at Haven he played his best stuff off the cuff, you may be right that the game plan is hindering him. I'd give him time and stick with him, he'll come good for you I'm sure 

I agree, plus he has been out for however many weeks, you don’t just come straight back at this level, they are part time for goodness sake,  a couple of training sessions a week isn’t like game time, how can it be, certainly not enough to develop an understanding with your Scrum Half. I still feel Thomson should be captain and let Harris do what he does best.

• Like 1