Sat 11th May: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Wigan Warriors KO 15:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/24 at 14:30

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

I think the Giants are a terrific side, who showed in the Cup what they can do. Here, though, Wigan are fortunate in that they have the possibly season defining semi final the week after. Wigan have also got a massive game, but, with arguably more places up for grabs (and a trophy already in the Pie Dome trophy cabinet) I think we will go into this with a more focussed mind set. Should be a great game to watch, as the Giants’ style is very easy on the eye.

We've lost all 3 league games at home so far this season scoring 28 points and conceding 70, in fact we haven't scored a single point at home in the 1st half yet.

We're pretty cack at home to be honest so unless something dramatically changes this week i can't see anything other than a comfortable Wigan win.

You just never know though, we may bring our away performances to a home game yet this year.

Adam Swift is also missing for us so we are definitely weakened at the back with him not there.

3pm on a Saturday afternoon with a lovely, sunny day predicted so hopefully the fanzone will be busy and people have a good time either way.

Wigan by 16.

• Like 1

Did I read right that Swift is out? Big blow for Huddersfield if so.

i fancy it to be a tight one. Huddersfield haven’t been good at home but we’ve not really played well away from home yet and aren’t firing on all cylinders. Hoping the dry track and sunny weather will see the backline really click. Looking forward to a good day out.

Wigan by 8

On 09/05/2024 at 14:59, daz39 said:

We've lost all 3 league games at home so far this season scoring 28 points and conceding 70, in fact we haven't scored a single point at home in the 1st half yet.

Sounding a bit like a Hull FC fan until I realised that the 70 points you conceded were the total from all three games.

Really looking forward to this one, please have your lot go gentle on the Pies and if there's the odd stray high shot from them then make sure any injured Giants players get to their feet straight away.

Yes, I do already have one eye on next weekend...

• Sad 1
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Sounding a bit like a Hull FC fan until I realised that the 70 points you conceded were the total from all three games.

Really looking forward to this one, please have your lot go gentle on the Pies and if there's the odd stray high shot from them then make sure any injured Giants players get to their feet straight away.

Yes, I do already have one eye on next weekend...

If….if there’s any high shots they are playing Wigan when there’s high shots. 

Posted (edited)
Just now, bobbruce said:

If….if there’s any high shots they are playing Wigan when there’s high shots. 

And as if by magic first tackle of the game. 😂😂

Edited by bobbruce
  • Haha 1

Liam Byrne binned after the first tackle of the match!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Liam Byrne lasts precisely 7 seconds of action before he has a ten minute sit down.

..and Marshall goes the length

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Then Marshall scores a LOTF try!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Another Liam makes up for the first one's discretion.

That sort of pace is what Wigan have over every side in the comp. No one else has as many players who if given a yard more than likely won’t be caught. 

Why did Lolohea do that?

Nobody would have got near Connor and he rarely drops the bomb.

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Why did Lolohea do that?

Nobody would have got near Connor and he rarely drops the bomb.

You're forgetting one thing, he's a rugby player.

• Haha 1

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Liam Byrne looks really fresh, even after 12 minutes...

What a screamer!

Wallis with a great run, albeit through some iffy defending.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great try