2 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Good side are barrow. But I don't know what Hemel bring to the game 

Sadly the answer is not much at the moment 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Any chance Barrow will beat Toronto?

Had the fixtures been kinder, and we'd been fortunate enough to be playing them at home, I'd say yes, there is every chance. But unfortunately we have to play them in Toronto, so I think the odds are stacked against a win sadly.  

5 minutes ago, Flying whinger said:

Had the fixtures been kinder, and we'd been fortunate enough to be playing them at home, I'd say yes, there is every chance. But unfortunately we have to play them in Toronto, so I think the odds are stacked against a win sadly.  

Fair enough, must admit I wasn't sure about the fixture list and thought Barrow might play them home and away.

As much as most people want Toronto to be a success - I reckon even the Canadian fans will want to see some sporting contests where both sides have a chance.

31 minutes ago, Flying whinger said:

Both teams are effectively away

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

3 hours ago, EssexRL said:

Lovely spring day in London which may have cost us and not many away fans. A couple of weeks ago 1500 at New River but may be that clobbering put people off. 

We had 5 loan players today. Need that to compete in L1 but meant home grown players couldn't get in squad. 

Who were the 5 loanees? 

2 hours ago, Flying whinger said:

Barrow are really going to have to do it tough. They have easy teams at home ( when they would be expected to win anyway) and play all the hard teams away. 

Toronto have a similar schedule easy teams at home hard teams away. The exception being Barrow who go to them. 

Barrow could get automatic promotion as I dont believe Toronto will go all season undefeated.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

On 22/03/2017 at 10:13 AM, John Drake said:

Discuss all this weekend's Kingstone Press League 1 games here.

SUNDAY 26TH MARCH 2017

Keighley Cougars v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3pm
South Wales Ironmen v Newcastle Thunder KO 3pm
Workington Town v Gloucestershire All Golds KO 3pm
York City Knights v North Wales Crusaders KO 3pm

Todays tipping 

Toronto

Thunder

All Golds

York

Half time scores...

Keighley 9:8 Toronto Wolfpack
South Wales Ironmen 20:12 Newcastle
Workington Town 12:12 Gloucestershire
York City 12:10 Crusaders

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cougars-Wolfpack game is very good so far.

TV graphic describes Toronto as Toronto Wildcats. FFS, you would think that was one detail they could get right.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Very cruel scoreline of Keighley 21-48 Toronto.

Keighley played some very good rugby but fell away towards the end.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Final score at Cougar Park didn't, for me, reflect on how well Keighley played, but being part time it was to be expected that they'd fade, but very well done nevertheless. And YIPPEE, the Cru get their first win of the season in what the score (22 - 26) suggests was another close game between us and York.

Results:
Keighley 21:48 Toronto Wolfpack
South Wales Ironmen 20:26 Newcastle
Workington Town 54:22 Gloucestershire
York City 22:26 Crusaders

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, EssexRL said:

credit to the Ironmen. They have had some close results so far. Clearly improving. 

A different team in mentality and attitude. Watched them twice this year and they seem fitter and wiser.

i doubt they'll trouble the play offs but won't have too many drubbings at the same time. Their team is the same 19/20 names each week which clearly shows consistency.

15 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

A different team in mentality and attitude. Watched them twice this year and they seem fitter and wiser.

i doubt they'll trouble the play offs but won't have too many drubbings at the same time. Their team is the same 19/20 names each week which clearly shows consistency.

I watched them against the Cru and they looked a useful side. Good luck for the season

I was not going to bother going to a game yesterday for the first time since I started watching RL in 1971. I decided to go walking on Whernside instead. However, I had finished the walk by 12.20 so I had a pint and decided I would try and drive to York to watch my team Crusaders. After driving an hour it was clear that I was never going to make York for kick off so I went to Keighley instead. Toronto went 8-0 up but Keighley came back and were full value for a 15-8 lead. I left early though when Toronto started to run away with it. I also saw Keighley thrash Crusaders and I don't believe Barrow will have it all their own way at Cougar Park. Nice to see the Blackpool crowd still supporting the game even though they no longer have a club of their own to follow. Great supporters.

Archived