Where next for Gareth Hock?

DG70

Hull KR to take a punt on him, but only on a limited (1 year?) contract. No inside knowledge, just a hunch.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Couple of years ago he wanted to leave RL and  next week he ended up at Leigh.  Is any RU club that stupid to take someone built like a brick and the brain cells of a jellyfish on?

Cas?  Because Powell is so good at turning these bad boys round.;)

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

5 hours ago, kiyan said:

Couple of years ago he wanted to leave RL and  next week he ended up at Leigh.  Is any RU club that stupid to take someone built like a brick and the brain cells of a jellyfish on?

He'll probably be fly half for England at this year's Six Nations...

The perfect match, a return to Widnes.

We are short of props, need an enforcer plus he allegedly liked being here. Reasonably cheap on a one year contract.Former bad boy and localish, fits with our massive Wigan connection. A well fitting jigsaw really.

Not my personal choice but beggars can't be choosers 

9 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Hull KR to take a punt on him, but only on a limited (1 year?) contract. No inside knowledge, just a hunch.

Don't dump your rubbish on us! Hock was at best a Championship player 2 years ago.

Given all the names linked with Rovers in recent weeks it seems people have a short memory. Tim Sheens is coach, a wizard who will not be fooled!

Does any SL club really want to be taking a punt on a guy who is well past his best, and a disaster waiting to happen?

If teams such as Widnes or Hull KR, mentioned on this thread, are looking seriously at Hock then it really does speak volumes about the lack of talent around at the moment.

For me, the best obvious fit for him right now is Toronto

51 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Does any SL club really want to be taking a punt on a guy who is well past his best, and a disaster waiting to happen?

I would imagine a few teams would still be happy to have him. He is only 34, playing prop, so still has something to offer and knowing it's his last chance in super league, you would imagine he would take it very seriously. Any team would simply write a contract to state any off field incidents etc. would mean termination of contract. I am not sure how much trouble he has actually been in off the field since his ban when at Wigan.

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

If teams such as Widnes or Hull KR, mentioned on this thread, are looking seriously at Hock then it really does speak volumes about the lack of talent around at the moment.

For me, the best obvious fit for him right now is Toronto

Early season he was doing well.  Defenders couldn't do a lot with him.  Injuries cut that short and imo he's a better players than people seem to think.  Certainly daft as a brush.

7 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Early season he was doing well.  Defenders couldn't do a lot with him.  Injuries cut that short and imo he's a better players than people seem to think.  Certainly daft as a brush.

Nobody has criticised his ability just his attitude.

rldfsignature.jpg

2 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Don't dump your rubbish on us! Hock was at best a Championship player 2 years ago.

Given all the names linked with Rovers in recent weeks it seems people have a short memory. Tim Sheens is coach, a wizard who will not be fooled!

That's why I suggested a 1 year contract. Give him a go, see if Sheens can keep him controlled and focussed, then say goodbye if he can't perform to his capabilities.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

59 minutes ago, 7723 said:

I would imagine a few teams would still be happy to have him. He is only 34, playing prop, so still has something to offer and knowing it's his last chance in super league, you would imagine he would take it very seriously. Any team would simply write a contract to state any off field incidents etc. would mean termination of contract. I am not sure how much trouble he has actually been in off the field since his ban when at Wigan.

No off field trouble in the last two and a half years at Leigh, not that I know of anyway.

Will still give away his fair share of penalties, and get the odd card, but also a handful for opponents. We missed him badly last year.

1 hour ago, 7723 said:

You are far more imaginative than I am.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

1 hour ago, 7723 said:

15 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

You are far more imaginative than I am.

He may take things seriously but his inability to think straight is the fly in the ointment.

4 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

If he is fit and firing, Hock is still better than any forward on Hull KR's books.

Archived