2019 Signings

Out: Rawesthorne, Watts, Downs, Turgut, possibly Jordan Abdull who was thrown under the bus by Pearson) rumour also has it that Jez Litten is leaving the club too which would see us yet again giving Washbrook the task to cover Houghton when he's injured or utterly spent! 

Ins: Danny Langtree - Oldham, Lewis Biernick - London (though has played already) Levy Nzoungou - Salford and I think 2 union lads

Basically it's more of the same, bish bash wallop 5 drives and a kick and maybe IF Kelly comes back from his head knock the occasional bit of magic from him. More of our youngsters have left or being sacked off from the club under Radford in the last 5 years than any other coach in at least the last 20 years, he and Andy Last have a lot to answer for!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

I hope Leeds make a few more signings in the coming weeks, could really do with strengthening the forwards. Looking forward to see if any U19s players step up next year

Shaun Fensom has signed, will be a good and much needed signing to stiffen up the centre of the park. I think a few more will be on their way. Feldt was rumoured to replace Hall, another good signing if confirmed 

6 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Shaun Fensom has signed, will be a good and much needed signing to stiffen up the centre of the park. I think a few more will be on their way. Feldt was rumoured to replace Hall, another good signing if confirmed 

I think Luke Briscoe is going to replace Hall, although I’d prefer Feldt. I’d try and offload Sutcliffe as well

10 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

I hope Leeds make a few more signings in the coming weeks, could really do with strengthening the forwards. Looking forward to see if any U19s players step up next year

I know 2 of Leeds Academy players have signed contracts with Fev for next season. Will be interesting to see how they go in the championship which can be a little uncompromising at times.

6 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Seems worrying quiet on the Wigan front,surely they need at least 3 or 4 quality signings scrum half,centre,prop and backrow.

They’re one game away from yet another Grand Final. I think they know what they’re doing

13 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Out: Rawesthorne, Watts, Downs, Turgut, possibly Jordan Abdull who was thrown under the bus by Pearson) rumour also has it that Jez Litten is leaving the club too which would see us yet again giving Washbrook the task to cover Houghton when he's injured or utterly spent! 

Ins: Danny Langtree - Oldham, Lewis Biernick - London (though has played already) Levy Nzoungou - Salford and I think 2 union lads

Basically it's more of the same, bish bash wallop 5 drives and a kick and maybe IF Kelly comes back from his head knock the occasional bit of magic from him. More of our youngsters have left or being sacked off from the club under Radford in the last 5 years than any other coach in at least the last 20 years, he and Andy Last have a lot to answer for!

Those ins for Hull FC, bloody hell. Would be great ins for Widnes but Hull? What’s gone on there? 

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Seems worrying quiet on the Wigan front,surely they need at least 3 or 4 quality signings scrum half,centre,prop and backrow.

And new full back surely?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

3 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

And new full back surely?

Based on current Aussie practice, Zac will be England captain next season.

Wigan have already replaced Bateman. They have already brought in the best prop in the Championship and had already brought in an extra centre.. but sadly has a worrying retina injury. They are ok for halves and hooker for next season at least.

Wigan also have some experienced reserves and good academy players. 

6 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Based on current Aussie practice, Zac will be England captain next season.

Wigan have already replaced Bateman. They have already brought in the best prop in the Championship and had already brought in an extra centre.. but sadly has a worrying retina injury. They are ok for halves and hooker for next season at least.

Wigan also have some experienced reserves and good academy players. 

So unproven championship and academy players and a spine of Powell  ,a 35 yr old  Leuluai,an ever increasing absent Lockers and a nutcase at fullback,can't wait !!

22 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

You're clueless if you actually believe this. Same as Barba, he'll be the best player Saints have next season and no doubt be in contention for MoS.

Really!? Coote isnt top 10 full backs in the NRL. Worrying that youll think hell be MoS material. Very worrying.

My personal view is that Coote is a potentially very poor signing. 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

3 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Really!? Coote isnt top 10 full backs in the NRL. Worrying that youll think hell be MoS material. Very worrying.

My personal view is that Coote is a potentially very poor signing. 

There's 16 teams in the NRL - every fullback in that comp would walk into any SL team. So yeah, you don't need to be a top 10 fullback in the NRL to be a potential MoS in SL - fullbacks and halves are what really show the quality difference between the two comps.

Just now, hunsletgreenandgold said:

There's 16 teams in the NRL - every fullback in that comp would walk into any SL team. So yeah, you don't need to be a top 10 fullback in the NRL to be a potential MoS in SL - fullbacks and halves are what really show the quality difference between the two comps.

Agreed re the importance and Coote is no where near the quality of the top 10. As i mooted, really shows the quality of the SL at the moment. 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

5 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Agreed re the importance and Coote is no where near the quality of the top 10. As i mooted, really shows the quality of the SL at the moment. 

No I agree - he isn't near the top 10. A sad indictment of the quality levels between the two comps is that he can't get a start in the NRL at fullback, but over here he's going to be joining the champions elect and his predecessor (who's this years favourite to be MoS) is going to one of the worst teams in the NRL. 

3 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Lama Tasi joins Warrington ?

My word, they’re scrapping the bottom of the barrel. 

Not a great signing for an ambitious club. Squad player at best, failed at Saints last time he left Salford

8 hours ago, Davo5 said:

So unproven championship and academy players and a spine of Powell  ,a 35 yr old  Leuluai,an ever increasing absent Lockers and a nutcase at fullback,can't wait !!

Is it just me, I don't get why Escare isnt seen as a good first choice FB for Wigan? There aren't many better FBs in SL.....France struggle to produce three quarters, yet have 2 very good FBs, and 1 decent one. Gigot, Escare and Miloudi

With Wigan, I feel they will be fine next year. The team and squad have depth, and they will probably make a good signing in the months to come. Maybe someone like Hamlin, ie a young player who was not heralded but does a good job. 

Archived