Sign in to follow this  
Blind side johnny

NZ Test Series - ticket sales

3 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I find it strange that the RFL don't let clubs themselves sell them. Look at the havoc we are having on here with people worrying about tickets coming, would be so much easier if you could just go down the club shop and get some right there and then. Free advertising as well, if there are some people that don't know about the games and nip in to buy something, at the counter the young lass can ask if they have bought tickets for the internationals? Oh you haven't even heard about them cos the RFL don't know how to market anything? Well take a couple now and fill in that massive empty top tier! 

Seriously though, not difficult to get a few posters put up around the city is it? There is a massive billboard next to the hospital that has been the source of controversy in the last couple days, perfect place on one of the main roads through the city, the road that leads past the ground as well.  For those of you not from round here, the billboard controversy was because a funeral directors were advertising discount funerals on it... Right next to the hospital... 

The venues do have an allocation of tickets to sell for any RFL events such as this, although whether this is the case with Hull is open to debate given the complications that FC have with the stadium. Could be wrong but isn’t the ticket office at the KCOM now basically football only with FC tickets on sale via the city centre shop?

Don’t the RFL now cover some players wages for promotional work...............has anyone seen them doing anything in the lead up to this?

I get that sales are disappointing but if they sell more higher value tickets and fewer giveaways then at least they create some premium feel to it and should generate more revenue. 

Part of the problem is the lack of home games so fans don’t get into a routine of going to internationals, they can’t create that brand loyalty 

16 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The venues do have an allocation of tickets to sell for any RFL events such as this, although whether this is the case with Hull is open to debate given the complications that FC have with the stadium. Could be wrong but isn’t the ticket office at the KCOM now basically football only with FC tickets on sale via the city centre shop?

Well I've got a season ticket so not too sure cos I haven't bought an individual ticket for ages but for preseason friendlies and Cup games you tend to get tickets at the stadium shop. Club have all the tech in there to print them off for you. I know the club have an online ticketing service with print at home tickets, seen people with those sometimes. Come to think of it, it's been years since I've needed to actually go into the ticket office to buy a ticket. 

It's looking a bit better at the Hull game now with quite a few of the bays sold out.

It's interesting looking across the 3 games there is much more demand for the cheaper tickets with expensive seats going very slowly which probably backs up the fact that we so often end up reducing prices at big matches.

for the Leeds game both North & South stands are almost sold out, it would make sense to open up the upper tier on both stands as the fans are showing what are the most popular tickets but the RFL are again ignoring the spectators wishes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thehullram said:

It’s started.... 40% off some tickets being offered to KCOM customers today 

That isn't an issue at all. Targeted marketing is exactly what they should do. Hopefully KCOM will be subsidising this offer too.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That isn't an issue at all. Targeted marketing is exactly what they should do. Hopefully KCOM will be subsidising this offer too.

Mmm targeted marketing or desperation? If this had happened weeks ago, with perhaps a 20% discount, I'd agree. As it has happened a few days before the game with a whopping 40% discount I'm more inclined to think it's the latter and not the former.

Nor does it help ticket sales  that its on free to air TV.

23 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Are you Bill Fallowfield?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Yeah they should be showing it on the app 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Mmm targeted marketing or desperation? If this had happened weeks ago, with perhaps a 20% discount, I'd agree. As it has happened a few days before the game with a whopping 40% discount I'm more inclined to think it's the latter and not the former.

I don't doubt thus is a desperate move, but it isn't a general public sale, hence targeted andatthe very least the benefit will be access to their marketing channel

I think we are all agreed it has been a poor showing so far, but if they have 7k to sell in 3 days this is the way to go rather than an open flash sale

Edited by Dave T

57 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Wasn't the last 2015 series on FTA TV too? Ticket sales weren't too shabby then.

• Like 2

Just now, Damien said:

Wasn't the last 2015 series on FTA TV too? Ticket sales weren't too shabby then.

Yes, 93k sold for that. Anything less is failure.

• Like 3

I trust and believe that the crowds will be o.k.,it's just that it will have nothing to do with the publicity/marketing of the RFL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

Are you Bill Fallowfield?

Not yet. 

I fidnt say it should not be on free to air tv. The point i am msking is that there is nothing wrong at all with it being on free to air.  It is vital for  the greater good of the game. It does however mean that people on the geographical fringe of the Hull catchment area, and people on the fringe of intertest in the game or Internationals are less likely to buy tickets. Thus putting these games on free to air tv is likely to reduce the number of paying spectators on the day..

Edited by JohnM

51 minutes ago, Damien said:

Quite so. However, in my view, they would have been higher had it not been on FTA TV

On 10/23/2018 at 3:01 PM, JohnM said:

Agreed, except on one point. It is "would have" not "would of" . 😣😣😣😣😣

6 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I fidnt say it should not be on free to air tv. The point i am msking is that there is nothing wrong at all with it being on free to air.  It is vital for  the greater good of the game. It does however mean that people on the geographical fringe of the Hull catchment area, and people on the fringe of intertest in the game or Internationals are less likely to buy tickets. Thus putting these games on free to air tv is likely to reduce the number of paying spectators on the day..

Sorry, could't resist 😊

56 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I don't doubt thus is a desperate move, but it isn't a general public sale, hence targeted andatthe very least the benefit will be access to their marketing channel

I think we are all agreed it has been a poor showing so far, but if they have 7k to sell in 3 days this is the way to go rather than an open flash sale

The 40% discount has always been open to group bookings of 15 or more - I've took advantage of it myself on other occasions, it seems that they have just extended the group to include KCOM customers. Not a bad move and maybe they should do the same for Anfield and Elland Road season ticket holders.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Balmain1969 said:

Sorry, could't resist 😊

I wondered when you'd notice my deliberate mistook. 😄

Just now, JohnM said:

I wondered when you'd notice my deliberate mistook. 😄

Well played 😉

I hope they get a late rush, this game can set up the rest of the series with a great atmosphere and game.

I think its going to be a tough and competitive encounter.  Still can't see past an NZ win, though. 

If this game delivers it should help push ticket sales for the next two games. A bit of a mentioning and some advertising during the game on TV for the other two would also help as there should hopefully be a lot of people watching at home

11 hours ago, themainbrace said:

for the Leeds game both North & South stands are almost sold out, it would make sense to open up the upper tier on both stands as the fans are showing what are the most popular tickets but the RFL are again ignoring the spectators wishes.

I really need to get my tickets booked

20 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

If this game delivers it should help push ticket sales for the next two games. A bit of a mentioning and some advertising during the game on TV for the other two would also help as there should hopefully be a lot of people watching at home

Yes, I suspect that is the thinking, plus the extra week or two to fill bigger grounds. Pity they are Sunday's