ffs DR

old big red54

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind having DR as a fall back in case if injuries but if you are relying on it for key starting positions then you're basically screwed and happy to be a SL Reserves team.

It's worrying that we still haven't officially announced a new full back, centre or stand off...........and if these players are going to be DR ones it's a backwards step.

Why still no official announcement on Craven, Briggs or Toulapapa????

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Why can Sheffield sign players as good if not better than Rovers ?we have crowds twice the size of  Sheffield plus profits from our commercial outlets,We do not have to pay stadium rent as some clubs do,and we seem to have built up  a loyal set of sponsors.Should we look at the contract structure rewarding players more for their results.We are not a full time club, the players i would like to play for Rovers would be prepared to pull on the shirt and play for nowt.you would not find many willing to do that,but they would give 100% unlike some of the players Rovers have attracted in the past.

I think sheff have shot themselves in the foot going full time based on one good season if they dont make the top four this season and its a big if, they could just find themselves in a pickle fiancially and might then have to revert to part time season after with players having to be sold and bills to pay lets face it the crowds wont componsate for the shortfall ....so good luck with that

At least we are adopting a sensable approach breeding our own young players mixed with experiance we might just go under the radar and surprise  a few people the pressure is well and truly on leigh bulls sheff and fax ..just the way i like it

BRING IT ON ....

Why can Sheffield sign players as good if not better than Rovers ?we have crowds twice the size of Sheffield plus profits from our commercial outlets

They have a wealthy silent backer who appears happy to pump the money in regardless and a good set up with Sheff Hallam university who helps them with some of their off field matters

We have neither of these.....till a die hard fev fan wins the euromillions

Unless Sheffield have a few rabbits up their sleeve, I'm not sure their offseason signings are better than ours. Wheeldon & James are solid enough but most of the rest of their announced signings seem to be youngsters from SL academies or Championship One standouts. Not saying that they can't go on to be good players and Aston has a habit of building good teams but for a full-time outfit that received much more funding than us for next year their signings to date look a bit underwhelming. Of course they still have their three standout players in QLT, Yere & Knowles but Yere is 32 now and QLT will be 31 next week so how long they have left is hard to say.

As for the stuff about pulling on the shirt and being prepared to play for nowt...this has no basis in the real world does it? The moist-eyed vision of 13 local lads playing just for the love of the shirt sounds great from a fan's point of view but as in any sport the talent goes where the money is. You want players with determination, character and desire, sure, but that will only take you so far, ability remains the most important factor and the players with the most ability are largely going to be influenced by the best deals they can get. That's life.

He's full of ###### is Tom Hooley, puts a comment on then disappears,but saying that he'll be busy with his community pay back!!

if you knew anything about RL any employers or person inside the club can't bet on rugby so i'll leave the betting to you pal only one winner there & its the bookies

Anyway lets keep it on subject fev & hunslet on duel reg with leeds who gets first pick on a friday at 7pm oh i bet baz aint happy

Agreed with the comments on Sheffield, I think they will find it tough to repeat their success of last year with the team they have put together. I think next season will see a group of Fev, London, Sheffield, Dewsbury, and Batley all scrapping with each other to grab 4th place. As I just posted on the Batley forum, I think they will be the big improvers this season and all they lacked last year was a couple of competent half backs and they have that this year. On paper I do think their squad is possibly the stronger out of the teams I mentioned above but Fev and Sheffield will still have more players to bring in as the season gets closer and the panic buying can start once SL teams finalize their squads.

One good season and Fax fans seem to have developed the arrogance of Leigh supporters...;)

Haha definitely, seems they've already got a top 3 spot at least.oxy boy must be a Charles Dickens fan, he's certainly got great expectations.

if you knew anything about RL any employers or person inside the club can't bet on rugby so i'll leave the betting to you pal only one winner there & its the bookies

Anyway lets keep it on subject fev & hunslet on duel reg with leeds who gets first pick on a friday at 7pm oh i bet baz aint happy

who mentioned bookie's? It's a bet between 2 rival fans,by the way I've forgotten more about rugby league than you'll ever know. Back on subject, I've heard most DR players will be going to Hunslet from Rhinos, if you get any they'll be on loan.

Oxy boy is a first class prat

Grow up.

One good season and Fax fans seem to have developed the arrogance of Leigh supporters... ;)

In what sense? I do not for one second think we will win the league but most knowledgable supporters will recognize we have a pretty good chance of certainly making the top 4 and really should be the top 3. We have a very settled team which gives us a pretty good advantage over most of our main rivals and given how we finished the season it would be hard to say we dont start the season as at least 3rd favs.

Also 1 supporter cant really be classed as all Fax fans and one view on our forum suggests not everyone shares the same view although most share the view that we should be there or there abouts the top 4. I think we can pip Bradford to 2nd but Im more a glass half full person. :tongue:

Grow up.

In what sense? I do not for one second think we will win the league but most knowledgable supporters will recognize we have a pretty good chance of certainly making the top 4 and really should be the top 3. We have a very settled team which gives us a pretty good advantage over most of our main rivals and given how we finished the season it would be hard to say we dont start the season as at least 3rd favs.

Also 1 supporter cant really be classed as all Fax fans and one view on our forum suggests not everyone shares the same view although most share the view that we should be there or there abouts the top 4. I think we can pip Bradford to 2nd but Im more a glass half full person. :tongue:

i dread to think what's in the glass

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

How can you take an ox seriously Dydo when he can't even find where to put his saxophone.

Im sure i could suggest a place for him to shove it!

Grow up.

You finished where you did due to us messing up, we had a shocker of a season and complete unrest at one point and still only just finished behind you. You are one arrogant prat.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

You finished where you did due to us messing up, we had a shocker of a season and complete unrest at one point and still only just finished behind you. You are one arrogant prat.

Admitedley Fev had a shocker last year and although they may have finished just behind us, even the most staunch Fev fan would probably admit come the end of the season the rugby we were producing was quite a fair bit better than anything Fev produced. Ok so you think Fev will be better next year, personally I wonder who your next coach will be, but do you think Fax will be worse than last season? Is the best defence in the Championship suddenly going to start conceding loads of points with hardly any changes in personel? Stranger things have happened but we will see. Im pretty happy with the 4 point start I have given monkeymagic though.

Archived