Uninteresting Trivial Facts

My commute, although long, is (apart from the first bit) against the the main flow, travelling out from London to work. Nice empty carriages, plenty of room to spread out with the newspaper or book - luxury! :D

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I just came 2nd out of 7 in my hunt for a new job - b45tards!!!! :(

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I just came 2nd out of 7 in my hunt for a new job - b45tards!!!! :(

You just have to accept that rhuby is more employable than you.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Not only have I left my job but in 2 weeks I am moving back to the north after 8 years in London.

*Bows to cheering crowds*

Congratulations!

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Thanks. I have to say I'm really looking forward to it. It's an odd sensation but I sometimes feel like my life isn't "real" in London. Quite looking forward to rejoining myself...

Escaping from London is probably the best thing anybody could do.

I am so glad I no longer have to travel around London on a daily basis anymore, it was doing my head in. When I go back now for personal reasons, I can't beleive how horrible it is, and can't wait to get back to the fresh air by the seaside here in Hastings. (Yes, it's not St Tropez, but it has it's moments)

And I was just this lunchtime walking round Fitzrovia behind Euston Road and thinking: this is flucking awesome.

When a man is tired of London he's Steve May, as the great man once said.

When I left London, the 'tag line' on my leaving poster was "When man is tired of London, he is tired of life - Samuel Johnson, When man is really tired of London he gets the F*** out of it - Me"

Edited by Bleep1673

The thing that's always got me about London is that there are lots of areas of genuine top-end wealth within a few hundred metres of genuine bottom-end poverty. A real example of who the haves and have-nots are in the UK.

It's a miserable, divided pit of a place that's only good for work. I'd never live here and am grateful to leave at the end of each day.

Some people go on about the nice areas, parks and touristy things but they don't make up for the soulless grey concrete that dominates the rest of it.

Here's that pic I tried to show earlier:

wc221.gif

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

You just have to accept that rhuby is more employable than you.

I hate you

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I had possibly the best delivery round today.

Down from Chateau Timtum through the Gorges de Rebenty, down through the vineyards to St Paul de Fenouillet through the Cathar Castles, over to La Tour de France and the great dam. Continued over the top of the mountain on a road I've never been on through some stunning rock formations. A quick nod to the founder of French RL as I zoomed through Jean Galia country at Ile sur Tet. A spot of lunch with that great treiziste Foti with the Goaty with views of Canigou. On up the valley to Prades and then a big climb through Molitg over the Col de Jau and back home with smoking tyres and brake pads. Utterly wonderful day.