29/8/2015 RL Challenge Cup Final Hull Kingston Rovers v Leeds Rhinos, Wembley Stadium K.O. 3.15pm BBC TV

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Leeds
    • Draw
  2. 2. Who would you like to win?

• Hull KR
    • Leeds
    • Neither of the above

All your posts have been so negative 7723. Leeds were brilliant. Briscoe was fantastic. Sinfield and Peacock played their hearts out. If you can't enjoy watching superlative rugby league by a superb team, then maybe you will prefer the borefest that is about to happen in a certain other sport. And no, I am not a Leeds fan. But I can appreciate quality athletes playing sport at the top of their profession.

I thought it was a dull game, I'm hardly going to rave about it, you didn't think it was dull, hence your posts. That all comes down to perspectives of certain things. I saw a poor Hull team, you saw a great, ruthless Leeds team. For me it was about the match, not just one team, I wanted a great, close match, I didn't want to watch one team easily run away with it.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont support either side so was hoping for a more even game, when Leeds started running away with it the netural like me starts to lose interest.

Well done Leeds, deserved winners, wish it was a better more even game given the huge crowd and TV audience it was our time to showcase the game and trashings don't make for enthralling television, oh well safe journey home all.

I thought it was a dull game, I'm hardly going to rave about it, you didn't think it was dull, hence your posts. That all comes down to perspectives of certain things. I saw a poor Hull team, you saw a great, ruthless Leeds team. For me it was about the match, not just one team, I wanted a great, close match, I didn't want to watch one team easily run away with it.

But you saw (as John Wilkin said)  probably the best centre in the world, put his wing in for 4 tries.  You saw Jamie Peacock and Kevin Sinfield's swan song at Wembley, both magnificent servants to RL.  You saw the amazing Ryan Hall set up a Leeds try from a restart.  I must stress that I'm not  a Leeds fan.  TBH I'd pay just to watch Ryan Hall in action, I may not be a fan of Leeds but I am a fan of Ryan's.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Oh well, never mind.

Were any records set today?, Kieran Dixon, 4 knock ins in 10 mins.

Still, he couldn't compete with Welham, his missed tackles to minutes ratio must have been astonishing.

That Briscoe's a good lad, where did he learn to score tries like that?

Featherstone

Hull????????

rldfsignature.jpg

the style of leeds play reminded me of last year in so many ways just keeping the ball down near the rovers line and putting pressure on . it was pretty obvious they would adopt the same style after last years success with it at Wembley .

obvious difference was the ploy of putting peacock to the short side quite often which really took its toll or rovers left side

ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.

does life get any better .

Currently on a bus in deepest, darkest East Hull and there's two RL fans on board looking like they're Wembley bound.

One of them is resplendent in a Leeds Rhinos' outfit. The other guy in a Rovers' t shirt, didn't look too happy to see him.

Great stuff.

Didn't see any replica shirts in Kirby Grindalythe this afternoon but you could tell Leeds were in the Final. There was no queue at the chippy in Wetwang.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Have to credit Leeds for a highly professional display. Everyone was superb with their right side of Watkins and Briscoe sensational. For me the clear difference in the sides was that the Rhinos always has someone running on the shoulder expecting the pass. Rovers on the other hand just let the ball carrier go unsupported, making gains in field position difficult. Well done Leeds and really feel for the HKR fans.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

For some, the glass is half empty.

For others, the glass is half full.

For all of us, there room in the glass for a lot more beer!

Enjoy the best BBC coverage EVER. Enjoy Maxine Peake'S contribution. Enjoy thd best Abide With Me ever. Enjoy Rob Burrow's magic try. Just ENJOY, FFS.

jack-lord-6.jpg

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

HKR were too frightened to play. Apart from some good kicks in the first 20 minutes by Kelly, the best of which went unnoticed as Robbie Hunter-Paul was asking someone down on the bench what he thought of it so far, HKR was just a defensive block for Leeds to run through. Very poor Rugby from HKR.

Today was a bit like three 2013 RL cup finals rolled into one but with an extra penalty goal.

Oh, and how plenty of Rovers fans enjoyed that result.

If only Rovers had dropped a goal during the game, then their "10-5 club" could be a useful anagram.

I loved it. I don't know what all the moaning is about :D

I've just watched it without knowing the result beforehand.

At the moment it's difficult to predict at which point during the weekend I'm going to stop laughing.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Anybody seen Andy Bell?

Today was a bit like three 2013 RL cup finals rolled into one but with an extra penalty goal.

Oh, and how plenty of Rovers fans enjoyed that result.

If only Rovers had dropped a goal during the game, then their "10-5 club" could be a useful anagram.

What about the 10x5 Club?
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

What about the 10x5 Club?

Oh yes, now that is quality.

As I'm sure you know only too well, the "Pride of East Hull" section of RLFans is absolutely hilarious right now.

My favourite quote is, referring to Hull FC fans... "They've been quiet since we got to the final".

Hope we're making up for it.

For me todays victory for Leeds showed Rovers the way do it. The reward for forward planning.

Rovers now have to forget the policy of signing has beens and never was players from the NRL and start to get serious about junior development.

Leeds have shown the benefit of taking junior development seriously.

Rovers need to forget about that joint junior development with Hull FC and develop their own juniors.

Just got home. Thoroughly good day out. Reading through the thread, there's not much to add about the game itself. Leeds were far too good, Dixon had a nightmare, Albert Kelly looked pretty decent in a beaten team.

Seemed like fewer neutrals than previously, but more than made up by the number of Hull KR fans - I've been to all the finals at the new Wembley and thought they'd brought more than anybody in the previous games. Pretty noisy right up until the game started, too...

Others have commented on how moving Lizzie Jones was, but I thought the whole pre-match was excellent. Particularly liked the 120th birthday of RL thing - here's the 22 original clubs in their original kit and here's the ~500 clubs that we have at the moment. Not sure about the choice of "don't look back in anger" to accompany it, though. 

For me todays victory for Leeds showed Rovers the way do it. The reward for forward planning.

Rovers now have to forget the policy of signing has beens and never was players from the NRL and start to get serious about junior development.

Leeds have shown the benefit of taking junior development seriously.

Rovers need to forget about that joint junior development with Hull FC and develop their own juniors.

Yes but whose juniors are they developing? Oldham's?  Featherstone's? Cas's?  Salford's? 

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Just got home. Thoroughly good day out. Reading through the thread, there's not much to add about the game itself. Leeds were far too good, Dixon had a nightmare, Albert Kelly looked pretty decent in a beaten team.

Seemed like fewer neutrals than previously, but more than made up by the number of Hull KR fans - I've been to all the finals at the new Wembley and thought they'd brought more than anybody in the previous games. Pretty noisy right up until the game started, too...

Others have commented on how moving Lizzie Jones was, but I thought the whole pre-match was excellent. Particularly liked the 120th birthday of RL thing - here's the 22 original clubs in their original kit and here's the ~500 clubs that we have at the moment. Not sure about the choice of "don't look back in anger" to accompany it, though. 

we didn't get to see all of the pre-match stuff  :(

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Gosh the 2nd half display by Hull KR was error strewn for sure, mainly due to rain and chasing the game.

The first half, they made less errors than Leeds... in fact I think JP knocked on more than Hull KR did in first half. Hull made very little mistakes but Leeds game plan and execution made it very difficult with the deep kicks and fantastic defensive effort as per McDermotts post match comments. Hence Hull KR limited territory and possession.   Hull KR completion was more or less the same as Leeds, in fact was very marginally better.

I just watched the first half again because reading comments on here I was thinking I watched a different half/game.

Yes, Hull KR made too many errors in 2nd half but game was won by then and they where chasing the game. As often happens chasing the game causes errors. Plus one man made most of them.

Too many remember the game on the only the 2nd half which masked the first half efforts and game by Leeds against a Hull KR team that made less errors than Leeds.   I guess Leeds handled the pressure of silly errors better than Hull KR in a game that creates massive mental pressure in itself.

Leeds tactical game and execution in a major pressure game was something to admire besides the skill.

Archived