10 Oct: SLGF - Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors (merged threads)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crusties for me, I can see their pack getting on top, I think it could get a bit tasty as well , especially if Bateman keeps his tactics of rubbing his head in their faces.

Best two teams, both know how to win the big one's. It would be nice to see Leeds do the treble particularly for Kevin and co, and for Yarkshire,

As long as it's a great game I'm happy , Best of luck to both sides, I just Fancy Wigan to take it.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

I have had a potential 'mare, as our tickets are in the upper west stand. 4 very good ones, with hospitality, and I don't mind too much, but if anyone has any tickets nearer to Wiganers I would be pleased to swap/pay an adjustment... For those of you of a certain age, think of it as Keith Chegwin holding up a complete mousetrap and asking to swap it for buckaroo.

Crusties for me, I can see their pack getting on top, I think it could get a bit tasty as well , especially if Bateman keeps his tactics of rubbing his head in their faces.

Yeah, what was this about in the semi final, he stuck his head into Grix on at least four or five occasions in the first half alone! I don't understand why no one mentioned it on commentary or how it goes unseen by the officials. Strangely, Grix ended up with his head bandaged towards the end of the 1st half!

Yeah, what was this about in the semi final, he stuck his head into Grix on at least four or five occasions in the first half alone! I don't understand why no one mentioned it on commentary or how it goes unseen by the officials. Strangely, Grix ended up with his head bandaged towards the end of the 1st half!

Ref just ignored it, Don't see the likes of Hablett and co putting up with it like Grix did, so there might be a few Handbags

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Well I haven't been to a GF for 5 years. I only went in 2010 because a mate of mine dragged me.  Apart from then I've boycotted all RL events because of franchsing.  So I hope it's a good game.  My heart says Leeds, my head says Pies.  I'd like to see Kev and Jamie go out on a high note. They've both been magnificent servants to the game.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

On form post Challenge Cup Final, Wigan comfortably.

Wigan will want to atone for messing up last time and go into the game in great shape.  Doubt there's anything they would change, other than O'Loughlin being 100% fit.

Leeds will have to lift to pre CCF form, when they were outstanding, to be in with a chance.  They've sneaked past Hudds & Saints which shows the desire to win, but have they got the mistake free, controlled game to hand, plus the matching of Wigan physically?

Can't see past a Wigan win, and I have a feeling it may well be a surprising margin.

Obviously hoping for a Wigan win, but if we see a classic final, and Sinfield & Peacock bow out with a treble, I wouldn't begrudge them that.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Really looking forward to this.

Wigan favourites to win based on the form in recent games. Leeds have had a couple of close, tough contests  after the post CCF slump, so they could be battle hardened, or jaded...................

Obviously hoping for a Wigan win, but if we see a classic final, and Sinfield & Peacock bow out with a treble, I wouldn't begrudge them that.

If they do would it be possible for the Rhinos to emulate Saints and win the the SPOTY "team of the year" award, or do we reckon the Beeb will be wise to that?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

If they do would it be possible for the Rhinos to emulate Saints and win the the SPOTY "team of the year" award, or do we reckon the Beeb will be wise to that?

Well, they'd already engraved another English 'Rugby' team's name on that trophy, but might well have buffed that off since Saturday. B) 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Simply cannot wait for this game on Saturday - I really really hope it is an absolute classic that we can all refer to when our work colleagues ask if we "watched the rugby at the weekend"

I'm wanting a Rhinos win specifically for Sinfield and Peacock and the Yorkshire bias

Wouldn't begrudge a Wigan win however but as already stated let's have an absolute cracker!!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Archived