40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens by 13 points or more
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • Sydney Roosters by 1 to 6 points
    • Sydney Roosters by 7 to 12 points
    • Sydney Roosters by 13 points or more

Discuss the World Club Series game St Helens v Sydney Roosters here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

Sadly a bit of a tonking on the cards here I think with the Roosters winning by at least 3-4 scores.

They may have not won the GF in the last few years but they've been the most consistent top performing team over that period

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I've changed my mind on this game & am now putting my money on St Helens to bounce back from last weekends flogging. Saints by 6

as roosters are my favourite aussie club and i have been to sydney to watch them, i will go for a roosters win by 20 points

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Will smoking' Joe Burgess be playing? At least one Englishman will be happy...

As McNamara is coaching the Roosters we could have 2 props lining up against 2 second rows in the centres. That could be fascinating.

Was the young Widnesian badly injured last week? He's a major talent, however ruefully he must look at the league table just now.

Will smoking' Joe Burgess be playing? At least one Englishman will be happy...

As McNamara is coaching the Roosters we could have 2 props lining up against 2 second rows in the centres. That could be fascinating.

Was the young Widnesian badly injured last week? He's a major talent, however ruefully he must look at the league table just now.

Sadly yes. His injury is being reported as a ruptured medial ligament and he'll be out for several months. That's a big blow.

With Percival out for anything up to three months with a medial ligament tear, Roby still missing, and our new centre (or player playing at centre) Peyroux also missing, it will be interesting to see who Cunningham chooses to start in the centres at the weekend.  Where last year we got through endless fullbacks, this year has already started as the year of the centre crisis.  Although it could be said after Thursday's performance that we still have a fullback crisis as well!

I don't think we have much of a chance even to be competitive especially without Roby and Percy.  But you never know.  Hope springs eternal and all that.

With all the changes at the Roosters and the wake up call Saints will have got after salford i reckon this will be the closest of the 3.

Still can't see a big enough turn around for Saints to win though but out of the 3 NRL sides i reckon the Roosters are the most likely to have a bad day.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Roosters have lost a huge amount of talent but their depth is amazing. Their backline is still all quality. Ferguson, Tupou, Copley, SKD and Burgess. Hastings is a star, not sure who is playing 5/8th though. So that will be a weakness. Even without JWH, they still have an impressive Front Row rotation with Napa, Evans, Moa and Taukeiaho. Will be closer than the other two but i'm tipping the Roosters by 7. 

The Roosters have names a 21 man squad.

Sydney Roosters: Aidan Guerra, Blake Ferguson, Brendan Elliot, Dale Copley, Daniel Tupou, Dylan Napa, Ian Henderson, Isaac Liu, Jackson Hastings, Jake Friend, Jayden Nikorima, Joe Burgess, Kane Evans, Latrell Mitchell, Mitchell Aubusson, Mitchell Frei, Sam Moa, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Siua Taukeiaho, Tyler Cornish, Vincent Leuluai.

The final 17 will probably look something like this

1. Blake Ferguson

2. Daniel Tupou

3. Dale Copley

4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall

5. Joe Burgess

6. Jayden Nikorima

7. Jackson Hastings

8. Sam Moa

9. Jake Friend

10. Dylan Napa

11. Mitch Aubusson