21 Feb: SL: Salford Red Devils v Widnes Vikings KO 3pm

Who will win?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Draw
    • Widnes Vikings

Discuss Salford Red Devils v Widnes Vikings here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most even & interesting game of the weekend in my opinion, I'm going Salford in a very tight game.

This could be a cracker going off current form. I think Salford might just edge it though. It gives me the 'warm and fuzzy' knowing that we can now expect to be fully entertained by two teams who have been on the edge of success for so long. Hopefully this is indicative of the competition for superleague success involving all teams in the competition not just the usual few......eventually.

If both teams hit the dizzy heights of last weekend's entertaining performances then the fans are in for a bit of a treat. Difficult to separate them looking at the respective results but I should think home advantage will see the Reds nick it.

Salford 22 Widnes 20.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I really can't understand the RFL. Why on Earth have they arranged a series of friendlies involving a bunch of touring Aussie teams and some of Super League's cellar dwellers on the same weekend that two of the competition's form teams go head-to-head at the AJ Bell? Absolutely baffling.

If both teams hit the dizzy heights of last weekend's entertaining performances then the fans are in for a bit of a treat. Difficult to separate them looking at the respective results but I should think home advantage will see the Reds nick it.

Salford 22 Widnes 20.

That result would put FC top of table?

That result would put FC top of table?

Good point!, no as it happens.

Therefore...

Salford 22 and a bit Widnes 20. 

It'll be a test of Salford's consistency. But if both teams play like they did last weekend, we are in for some fun!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

First good dominant game for an age from Salford, can see more ups and downs before any kind of consistency. So prob widnes by a few but......

Enjoy the rollercoaster! At least following Salford won't be boring over the next few years.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Enjoy the rollercoaster! At least following Salford won't be boring over the next few years.

It hasn't been boring since MK took over!

The win against Saint Helens was brilliant, but we've had a few good wins down the years only to come crashing back down to Earth the next week. I will enjoy the rollercoaster, but the AJ Bell is no fortress Salford and I think Widnes will take the spoils this weekend.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

best game of the season so far tony 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

It hasn't been boring since MK took over!

The win against Saint Helens was brilliant, but we've had a few good wins down the years only to come crashing back down to Earth the next week. I will enjoy the rollercoaster, but the AJ Bell is no fortress Salford and I think Widnes will take the spoils this weekend.

Since MK took over? it's always been a rollercoaster ride. Even when we were relegated there was always a chance the team would produced something unexpected.

A Salford win by at least 3 then please.

Don't get too excited though, a Salford win by more than 37 and I'll not be too happy.

I really can't understand the RFL. Why on Earth have they arranged a series of friendlies involving a bunch of touring Aussie teams and some of Super League's cellar dwellers on the same weekend that two of the competition's form teams go head-to-head at the AJ Bell? Absolutely baffling.

Perhaps because the WCC is fixed in the calendar and has been for many years and nobody could possible have predicted that Salford and Widnes would both be coming off huge wins against top SL teams.

A Salford win by at least 3 then please.

Don't get too excited though, a Salford win by more than 37 and I'll not be too happy.

I really don't think you should worry too much on that score. ;)

Salford 12 - 0 up after 5 minutes

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Perhaps because the WCC is fixed in the calendar and has been for many years and nobody could possible have predicted that Salford and Widnes would both be coming off huge wins against top SL teams.

Irony, old chap. I think he was using irony. There's a lot of that on this forum. You'll get used to it.

Archived