Kear back to the Wildcats!

greensman01

Not good timing at all for the club, however continuing to have a successful season will make you more attractive to a good coach so you could ultimately benefit in the long run. the best thing the club can do is not to rush anything but just allow the tempting prospect to hang out there and see who starts to show interest. An appointment will need to be decided upon before the end of the season, of course, to allow recruitment to progress but timing will be everything in this decision.

I hope KN has the judgement and nerve of a good poker player.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would these two players leave before knowing who the new coach will be? I thought J Brown signed a new two year contract at the end of the last season.

The early season games show Batley have a good squad of players which should attract a good coach.

I mean JK will take them to Wakefield with him!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

yeh but the worrying thing is, is he gonna recruit our players??

Good luck to JK in his new role......he has been great for us.....

but why would he take any of our players with him ?....

surely with Wakefield being full time......they would only want to sign our players that want to step up to Full time...

and more recently we have recruited players that chose not to step up to that......

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

yeh but the worrying thing is, is he gonna recruit our players??

If JK thinks a player is good enough got a SL team, then possibly - if that player want's to go full time - and good luck to them.

But as we've learned to our benefit this season, a significant number of Championship players have decent jobs outside rugby and are happy in a semi-pro set up.

And I'm not convinced we've many (possibly any) that are SL standard. We've plenty of top-quality Championship players.Think back to Alex Walmsley, Josh Griffin (last time he was with us), Greg Johnson & Jermaine McGilvary - I don't think any of our current players are as good as those.

But no point in worrying abut it. 'Que sera sera,' as the girl sang.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Will it be a new coach or could John mentor one of the staff here already to succeed him?

We've had previous coaches who have been promoted from within, but our last two came in with extensive experience from SL - and have been successful with limited resources.

So I'm with Buford on this one an hope we recruit a coach with proven ability. Fortunately with our recent run of form we should be an attractive proposition.

If we're really lucky we might get another Warren Jowett. :jester:

Jk will have more decorum than karl standing up and saying come across with me. Linners certainly would be a candidate though

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

As the dust begins to settle now , in my opinion I do not think wakefield and JK should have made the announcement until the end of the current season. 

Looking at it, the only winners in this announcement are wakefield, who are obviously struggling for good news stories to keep their disgruntled fans happy.

All it appears to have done is unsettle everybody just as things were going well.

What would happen IF  we play them in the super eights Where would JK'S loyalty be then?

When KH was on his way out allegedly  there was some doubts about his integrity.

This really could and should have been handled by wakefield and ttheir arrogant personnel in a more professional manner, and as a supporter (a happy clapper) of JK, and do wish him all the best , I am still very suprised and disappointed that JK went along with the timing of the announcement.

As I was always told.."You should never go back"

Onwards and upwards I sincerly hope.

The appointment would have become common knowledge within the RL community and the rumours would have spread like wildfire.  By making the announcement now it is out in the open, people know exactly what the situation is without any speculation, rumour and counter rumour.  And the club can move forward without having to do things behind peoples backs

What would happen IF  we play them in the super eights Where would JK'S loyalty be then?

I'm sure JK's loyalty is and will remain with Batley until he leaves - that's his job.

Professional approach, integrity and all that.

My question about Wakefield & Batley in the £1,000,000 match was purely tongue in cheek, but if by some miracle it should happen JK will doubtless prepare Batley to the best of his ability.

The appointment would have become common knowledge within the RL community and the rumours would have spread like wildfire.  By making the announcement now it is out in the open, people know exactly what the situation is without any speculation, rumour and counter rumour.  And the club can move forward without having to do things behind peoples backs

Spot on, Fred

Jk will have more decorum than karl standing up and saying come across with me. Linners certainly would be a candidate though

Craig lingard

Francis Cummins

Paul rowley

Phil vievers.....

Lots of names bandied around.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

The only thing wrong with this situation appears to be that Wakefield seem to have recruited John without going through Batley first, that's how our website announcement seems to say anyway. If Batley did know, then it appears that Wakefield have jumped the gun without Batley's consent. If we weren't in agreement with the timing, then Wakefield shouldn't have shaken the tree.

There does appear to be a potential conflict of interest within this appointment. If indeed we are up against Wakefield in the Million Pound Game at the end of the season, there would be huge moral and emotional pressure on John Kear. I sincerely hope the early announcement of the appointment for next season will have a galvanising rather than an unsettling effect on the team during the remainder of a very important season for us.

There does appear to be a potential conflict of interest within this appointment. If indeed we are up against Wakefield in the Million Pound Game at the end of the season, there would be huge moral and emotional pressure on John Kear. I sincerely hope the early announcement of the appointment for next season will have a galvanising rather than an unsettling effect on the team during the remainder of a very important season for us.

Unless Kear has grown a full head of hair, he ain't the Wakey coach.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

i hope not...

Danny orr ryan sheridan neil kelly brian noble andy hay steve McCormack and lee greenwood

If Jk had left straight paul rowley before the canada job

Wakefield Trinity Wildcats have named former Hull KR boss Chris Chester as their new head coach.

The 37-year-old led the Robins to last season's Challenge Cup final, but was sacked last month.

He replaces Australian Brian Smith, who resigned last week after winning just one of their first five games.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Wakefield Trinity Wildcats have named former Hull KR boss Chris Chester as their new head coach.

The 37-year-old led the Robins to last season's Challenge Cup final, but was sacked last month.

He replaces Australian Brian Smith, who resigned last week after winning just one of their first five games.

John kear has been named Wakefield's director of rugby for 2017.

So he wont be at Batley next year.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Apologies.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived