01 Sept: Super 8s: Wigan Warriors v Widnes Vikings KO 8pm (TV)

Discuss Wigan Warriors v Widnes Vikings here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go again...

Big chance for the Pies to pile the pressure on Hull and Wire here with both those teams facing difficult fixtures after the massive efforts at Wembley last Saturday.

Wigan should be favourites after their recent nilling of Saints but Widnes also had a good home win v Wakey last time out.

I think Wigan should have a fair bit too much for Widnes and should get revenge for their 12-18 reversal at home v Widnes earlier in the season.

Wigan 34 Widnes 16.

(Now, if Daveo5 can just repeat his post in the other thread we can start all over again.)

:rolleyes:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Here we go again...

Big chance for the Pies to pile the pressure on Hull and Wire here with both those teams facing difficult fixtures after the massive efforts at Wembley last Saturday.

Wigan should be favourites after their recent nilling of Saints but Widnes also had a good home win v Wakey last time out.

I think Wigan should have a fair bit too much for Widnes and should get revenge for their 12-18 reversal at home v Widnes earlier in the season.

Wigan 34 Widnes 16.

(Now, if Daveo5 can just repeat his post in the other thread we can start all over again.)

:rolleyes:

Seeing as it's you,should be a comfortable victory for Wigan,but they will probably have to rely on a late Matty Smith drop goal to snatch the win.

Wigan regularly roll over and have their bellies tickled by Widnes so could go either way.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

It will be interesting to see whether our attack is developing more tricks, at long last. Sam has shown flickers of form, and FPN is improving. Farrell's return has had a surprisingly positive effect as well. We should win, and need to win well, otherwise Wane will justifiably be a very nervous man indeed...

As regards nothing to play for, I wonder about that. Last year an FC team with nothing to play for and lots of young talent have us one hell of a run for our money. That gives players plenty to draw on in the future. Widnes have a lot of talent In that side, and can play without fear. Wigan should have greater focus of course but stranger things have happened than our losing this sort of game.

Sky Sports Mix, ch407 Free to Air

I wasn't aware; thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Should be, and hoping for, a Wigan win. They have begun to show a glimmer of an improvement in form over the last few games, but they need to improve a lot more if they want to be in with a chance of lifting a trophy this year.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

A penalty from the Gods?

About time too.

Sensational try from Thompson.

Every rugby league player who's ever dyed his hair blond looks a total t wat and often starts to play worse.

Cue Sam Tomkins.

Tierney is backing up your theory so far.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Every rugby league player who's ever dyed his hair blond looks a total t wat and often starts to play worse.

Cue Sam Tomkins.

Tierney also?

Does Bateman think he's allowed to do what he wants?

Archived