Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse
    • Barrow

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the Championship Toulouse, will be a great level for some of their young players. Brilliant day for RL in France.

You would think a lot of possible Toulouse recruits would have been dependent on Toulouse winning today.

Well done toulouse, commisserations to barrow

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Barrow finished the season like a house on fire. Hopefully they will get up next year.

Agree with that but would imagine that Toronto will be doing a Toulouse next season

TO at full strength and have retained replacement centre Gavin Marguerite for the final over Bastien Ader who hasn't been recalled after suspension. This is robably due to his poor disciplinary record this season, just guessing. Marguerite is one of the best kids i've seen for years and looks to have a big future at the highest level. remember you heard it here first folks...

Can't predict the result but i'm sticking my neck but with a 10 point home win. Good luck to both sides in which will be a cracker.

You lot should listen to me - Marguerite is the real deal, he will be a top player for many years if  RU doesn't steal him. But many other TO kids coming through. Ferret & Sangaré to name but two.

And, as for the 10 point margin....

Houles says he doesn't need to recruit for next season but has faith in the TO academy kids.

Just a special mention to Liam Harrison, he was awesome today and will be one heck of a loss for Raiders next season and with Fleming going back to Oz and two signing for Swinton, Barrow will need to recruit well.

Kheirallah MOM and MOM for Barrow was Aspinwall for me.

No one is complaining but here's how hard it was for Barrow today.

A full day at work yesterday.

An early start from Barrow this am.

RFL booked flights.

On arriving at Manchester Airport there was a delay (baggage handlers tea break?)which meant a missed take off slot. They got to their hotel at 1.20 for a 3 pm kick off. A delayed start to enable the players to eat was asked for but they were granted just 30 minutes.

So with just over 2 hours to get from the hotel to the ground for the game the meal had to be abandoned.

As stated no one is using that as an excuse. But is it right?

Next season the same thing could happen, but instead of a hop across the channel at very short notice it might be a hop across the pond!

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

No one is complaining but here's how hard it was for Barrow today.

A full day at work yesterday.

An early start from Barrow this am.

RFL booked flights.

On arriving at Manchester Airport there was a delay (baggage handlers tea break?)which meant a missed take off slot. They got to their hotel at 1.20 for a 3 pm kick off. A delayed start to enable the players to eat was asked for but they were granted just 30 minutes.

So with just over 2 hours to get from the hotel to the ground for the game the meal had to be abandoned.

As stated no one is using that as an excuse. But is it right?

Next season the same thing could happen, but instead of a hop across the channel at very short notice it might be a hop across the pond!

I don't think teams will be flying into Toronto on match day.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don't think teams will be flying into Toronto on match day.

An automatic promotion place for the top club does make sense in League 1 with 2 promotion places available. Then clubs 2-5 can fight it out for the 2nd place. It used to be something like this a few years ago IIRC.

Archived