Sign in to follow this  
ckn

Small things you're grateful for

9 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Went there in 2007, one of the most relaxing holidays we've had.

Yes, we were in Oludeniz last May, between the bombings in Istanbul, and the attempted Coup. Even so, we had a great week for Marlons wedding (My ex's cousin who is in a dance troupe who were 2nd on Britains got Talent)

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

8 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

Tinned anchovies.

I had an ancestor (a great-uncle, I think), who used to put salt on his tinned anchovies. I'm surprised he didn't shrivel up.

Edited by Futtocks

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:41 PM, Futtocks said:

I had an ancestor (a great-uncle, I think), who used to put salt on his tinned anchovies. I'm surprised he didn't shrivel up.

I just eat them straight from the tin.

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:31 PM, hindle xiii said:

Tinned anchovies.

In Shepherds pie

I have resurrected this thread because I have just fixed something else with a cable tie. 

Brilliant invention.

• Like 2

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

The feel of pulling on a pair of brand new socks. Very much not the same as freshly-washed socks.

You first shave with a fresh blade, when you think to yourself "I should have got rid of the old scrapey one ages ago!"

Edited by Futtocks

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

9 hours ago, Futtocks said:

The feel of pulling on a pair of brand new socks. Very much not the same as freshly-washed socks.

You first shave with a fresh blade, when you think to yourself "I should have got rid of the old scrapey one ages ago!"

If i were to be mega affluent, i would wear new socks and pants every day.

On 1/30/2017 at 10:31 AM, Derwent said:

Lion Midget Gems, food of the gods

Yes! I’m also sick of people telling me that all makes of midget gems are the same, the black midget gems HAVE to be liquorice flavour, nothing else will do.

• Like 1

Hot days in the business parts of London. The views are absolutely lovely. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, ckn said:

Hot days in the business parts of London. The views are absolutely lovely. 

No, definitely not. Having lived in London for 20 years, I hated London in the heat. It is so much better with a sea view and a 30 second walk to the beach.

Although, I used to work at Charing Cross hospital & the theatres there are up on the 14th floor, the planes landing at Heathrow used the Hospital as a sighting beacon, & used to pass directly overhead, theatre 7 (Neurosurgery) was THE place to be to watch them landing. Passed many a bored hour staring out at the flight paths. ? Happy daze.

2 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

No, definitely not. Having lived in London for 20 years, I hated London in the heat. It is so much better with a sea view and a 30 second walk to the beach.

Although, I used to work at Charing Cross hospital & the theatres there are up on the 14th floor, the planes landing at Heathrow used the Hospital as a sighting beacon, & used to pass directly overhead, theatre 7 (Neurosurgery) was THE place to be to watch them landing. Passed many a bored hour staring out at the flight paths. ? Happy daze.

Agreed. Assume Ckn is being whisked around in a fancy NHS limo, not getting on the tube. I've got the week off this week and am thanking all the gods for not having to travel about in central London all week.

• Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Agreed. Assume Ckn is being whisked around in a fancy NHS limo, not getting on the tube. I've got the week off this week and am thanking all the gods for not having to travel about in central London all week.

Well, he is management.

And before ckn bans me again, anybody who works in the NHS & doesn't get their hands dirty by dealing with patients, are managers.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, manage. Old Theatre saying.

Edited by Bleep1673

From George Bernard Shaw's Man andSuperman.) Bob: I'm so discouraged. My writing teacher told me my novel is hopeless. Jane: Don't listen to her, Bob.Remember: those who can, do; those who can't, teach.

Four legs good - two legs bad

15 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Modern forum folk can’t even tell the hidden context that I’m enjoying the lovely young ladies in their summer City wear. I despair for you all ? 

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

11 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Well, he is management.

And before ckn bans me again, anybody who works in the NHS & doesn't get their hands dirty by dealing with patients, are managers.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, manage. Old Theatre saying.

It’s quite easy to go off certain folk. 

As clichèd as it sounds. My health. After 2 accidents cycling involving cars in the last 3 years im lucky to have only come away with 4 broken bones. Both collarbones and 2 ribs but nothing I wont recover from

1 hour ago, stimpo-and-kat said:

As clichèd as it sounds. My health. After 2 accidents cycling involving cars in the last 3 years im lucky to have only come away with 4 broken bones. Both collarbones and 2 ribs but nothing I wont recover from

I can say from bitter experience it’s the most massive important thing 

2 hours ago, ckn said:

It’s quite easy to go off certain folk. 

You've "gone off" me a couple of times, I don't mean to call offence, sir.

The small button on the dashboard of my car with the letters AC 

I'd had the car two years before I realised AC stood for air-conditioning, what a plonker!

11 hours ago, stimpo-and-kat said:

Have you considered packing in cycling?