Offer to Wakefield Trinity

Maureen T-k

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If ground sharing is to come about, everything regarding the arrangement must be spot on with no loopholes and misgivings for our club. The match schedules must be organised 100% as I for one, do not fancy turning out for 7-30 starts. If the arrangements are to go through, should it not be mandatory that Wakey are allocated such late starts, after all, we are the hosts?.

17 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

On a personal note I'd like to commend featherstone for making their ground available for Wakefield. I think it shows that community does still exist in the game.I think the offer is for the greater good of our great game.Although we are all rivals we also need each other more than ever.Rugby league forever.

Here was me thinking that the offer had something to do with what we could gain from it .......... 

6 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Were you referencing head gear that is capped and flat in nature?

I think the forum software blocks it out as it has been used as a derogatory term.

Yes. Just thanking him for his comments and telling him that some time ago I wrote in the Rovers Programme under that name. How has it become a derogatory term?

Just had a funny thought. When we were first inaugurated in 1889 we were called Featherstone Trinity. Ok it was as a RU club but Now Wakefield look like using our pitch and training facilities we are near to being Featherstone Trinity again even in a loose way.

5 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Just had a funny thought. When we were first inaugurated in 1889 we were called Featherstone Trinity. Ok it was as a RU club but Now Wakefield look like using our pitch and training facilities we are near to being Featherstone Trinity again even in a loose way.

You know your history mate.

10 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

You know your history mate.

he was there Mark lol

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

1 hour ago, Blue Pike said:

Heard a rumour Wakey have refused the offer.Has anyone else heard owt .

Was a non starter before it went to press

Im Fev and im proud

1 hour ago, saddleworth said:

Where ever they finish up, it looks as though the poor old fans will be loosing out. Wonder if they have approached Sharlo?.

Sharlston is part of Wakefield so it's a non starter. Lol. The very point is to blackmail the Wakefield council so they will be looking at other Post codes.Donny Bradford or Dewsbury. Or stay at Belle Vue for five more years and carry on bleating.???

3 hours ago, Phil Loxton said:

Sharlston is part of Wakefield so it's a non starter. Lol. The very point is to blackmail the Wakefield council so they will be looking at other Post codes.Donny Bradford or Dewsbury. Or stay at Belle Vue for five more years and carry on bleating.???

If its true that the land owners can't do anything unless Wakey find another ground in the WMDC area, how much is it worth to pay them to move out voluntary? It might be their best option if the offer was good enough?

more than happy to use our training facilities tho ....they might be better off at the rams i think our ground is a bit big for em

its there loss they ort to poll there fans and see wot they think 

17 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Strap for cash.... as all councils are....

The govt has us by the balls

Robin, that is why WMDC have failed to collect 7 million pounds in council tax arrears for last year, as per the previous year,  although having said that they always ensure that they collect my donation.

6 hours ago, saddleworth said:

Robin, that is why WMDC have failed to collect 7 million pounds in council tax arrears for last year, as per the previous year,  although having said that they always ensure that they collect my donation.

That'll be because they can't afford to employ extra people to chase up the money owed, otherwise the Little Hitlers in charge will fail to meet their targets.

9 hours ago, Flat cap John said:

Heard  on another  forum that Wakefield  may sell their  franchise now and  then drop down  to championship 

thought they didn't have franchises anymore

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Reported in local press that they are contemplating selling the franchise which will raise them about 1-5 million thus automatically dropping down a league. Favourites to take their place being Toronto/Toulouse.

FEATHERSTONE Rovers officials have expressed their disappointment following comments made by Wakefield Trinity chairman Michael Carter, confirming his club’s desire to ply their trade outside of the local area from 2018. 

Earlier this month, the Rovers made Wakefield a formal offer to host Trinity at the Big Fellas Stadium from as early as next year after it was revealed the Super League outfit would be departing the Beaumont Legal Stadium in October.

Featherstone have received no official response from Wakefield Trinity, though Mr Carter in an interview this morning cited a “political decision” for opting against a potential ground-share with the Rovers.

Mr Carter said: “Featherstone has been mentioned but I can say categorically that we won't be going to Featherstone.

“It's a political decision. If we were to move to Featherstone, the council would feel that it's job done because we're still in Wakefield.”

Rovers bosses hoped to aid development plans for a new home for Wakefield, while offering a high-quality temporary playing and training facility for the Trinity club.

Wakefield make use of the Big Fellas Stadium’s training facilities during the week and Featherstone officials believed an attractive partnership could have been struck between the two clubs.

Rovers general manager Davide Longo said: “When we announced our formal invitation towards Wakefield, in terms of them coming to play here from 2018, on a temporary or long-term basis, the initial reaction, from both sets of supporters, appeared, on the whole, extremely positive.

“We truly hope Trinity are able to find a suitable new home, for the benefit of their supporters and, of course, the club itself.

“We hoped to be able to help re-launch their bid to have a new community stadium erected, in Wakefield, for the people of Wakefield.

“Trinity believe it has been promised to the city and we can only imagine how frustrating it not coming into fruition must be for everyone involved.

“It was disappointing to hear of Sir Rodney Walker’s resignation from the position of chairman of the Wakefield and District Community Stadium Trust, though we realise there is still a chance of the facility being built in the years to come.

“We do not feel that Wakefield moving away from the district will have the desired effect, in terms of helping with the delivery of a new stadium.

“Our desire to bring Wakefield Trinity to the Big Fellas Stadium from 2018 was in no way a selfish move on our part.

“We were looking to support Trinity in their quest to build a new home ground, while ensuring their supporters were not forced to travel too far away from the club’s current, Doncaster Road-based ground, which is less than five miles from here.

“Our offer remains on the table, it is very much an open-ended matter from our point of view, and we hope Wakefield come to a decision which best suits their needs and the needs of their loyal supporters.”

Im Fev and im proud

I heard him on Radio Leeds last night dispelling the rumours about selling their place in Super League, he was very condescending however when he described the Bigfellas as "A tidy little ground". He could have been far more complimentary, but he must have had far more urgent matters on his mind in such troubled times.

Living in Sharlston I have many friends and neighbours who are long standing Trinity fans and I feel for them immensely. After all the protests from their fans, along with Fev fans, back in '95 opposing mergers it would be interesting to hear their views on what their top priority is:- Preserving their Super League place, and maybe never returning to the City, or keeping a strong and healthy club in Wakefield, albeit without Super League for the foreseeable future?

The tidy little ground as he calls it has the best training setup in the area that he takes advantage of week in week out mybe he should look elsewhere if the stadium is not to his likeing for his training programe too 

Archived