1st Sept : Super 8s : St Helens v Wigan Warriors K.O. 8pm Sky TV

4 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Let's face it Wigan's crowd is on the wane

Well, they ain't been as successful as they usually are this season so they probably will blame the coach.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JohnM said:

as in "on the Wane"? :):)

Well spotted mate.

On 8/31/2017 at 6:04 AM, Old Frightful said:

Skints 26 Pies 20.

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

St Helens appear to be 6 point favourites with the bookies.

Ahem.

The bookies clearly know who to listen to...

3 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Well that wasn't in the script 

And neither was that! :ohmy: 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

You have to take your hat off to Wigan at times. That 1st try  was O Loughlin - Williams - Tomkins - Burgess - finished off by Gildart.

All Wigan products who have (will) play for England. Fantastic. Wish all SL clubs could produce talent like that.

4 hours ago, MrFussy said:

Saints Wigan games are always special, and this one has plenty thrown in on top for good measure.

I suppose the season is on the line for both of us, so that should provide plenty of extra motivation if any is needed. Wigan might be tired post Wembley, but will no doubt be all the more fired up for their loss, which might more than compensate for any fatigue. Add to that Barba making his debut and this has all the ingredients to be a classic… But I just can’t see it somehow.

I think it’s fair to say both teams have been underwhelming for the most part this season, and I’d be surprised if this game isn’t a scrappy affair in spite of everything. As for Barba, his quality is beyond question and I’m thrilled he’s signed for us, but this will be his first top level RL game in almost a year. It’s probably a little unrealistic to expect him to light things up from the off, but you never know. Either way I’m excited to see what impact he’ll make.    

It’ll probably be a close one with the side coming up short frustrated in thinking they could’ve got more out of it.

Ref having an absolute shocker

1 minute ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Ref having an absolute shocker

When you can't see him on radio he's having a cracker. :wink:

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

The penalty given to Wigan for 14-0 was quite unbelievable. Nuuausala just dumped the ball on the ground, raked the man on the floor and then kicked the ball into him.

Still, hard to understand why everyone has been tugging themselves silly over Saints. Very poor.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Fantastic hit by Grace on Mickey Mac who now leaves the field.

Hope he's okay.

Tautai holds down a Saints player for thirty minutes: in the thirtieth minute Hicks finally penalises him.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

The penalty given to Wigan for 14-0 was quite unbelievable. Nuuausala just dumped the ball on the ground, raked the man on the floor and then kicked the ball into him.

The penalty was for Saints offside at the ptb wasn't it, judging by the ref's signal.

I couldn't work out what the Sky lot were on about, esp Cummings. How did he miss...oh sorry.

Archived