" You didn't tell me to move "

GUBRATS

10 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Unbelievable 

A massive shake up of the rules needed 

Another poor niggly game 

Sorry, the headline and your comments have gone completely over me, what are they relating to?

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

7 minutes ago, GaryO said:

Sorry, the headline and your comments have gone completely over me, what are they relating to?

In the Wigan game , Tautai was penalised for lying on at the tackle , his excuse to Mr Hicks was " You didnt tell me to move " , it resembled the blatant tactics in the HKR game , in that they werent goining to move until the whistle was blown 

My point being when did it become the refs responsibility to tell players to move , far too much coaching rather than applying the rules , to me the only words the ref needs to say at the tackle is " Held " only when a player is still on his feet , once a player goes down then it is the players responsibilty to release his opponent 

Again last night like on thursday a niggly messy game , getting fed up of it 

52 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

In the Wigan game , Tautai was penalised for lying on at the tackle , his excuse to Mr Hicks was " You didnt tell me to move " , it resembled the blatant tactics in the HKR game , in that they werent goining to move until the whistle was blown 

My point being when did it become the refs responsibility to tell players to move , far too much coaching rather than applying the rules , to me the only words the ref needs to say at the tackle is " Held " only when a player is still on his feet , once a player goes down then it is the players responsibilty to release his opponent 

Again last night like on thursday a niggly messy game , getting fed up of it 

well, he WAS penalised.

This is where the 2 x Aussie refs works, as the 2nd ref goes to the tackle/ptb area and has a word with the players if he needs to

Compare that to NH refs having to bellow mooooove from 10 - 12 yards

If 2 refs are needed to clean this up then so be it. It has to be done. Not sure we have enough experienced refs (which is also part of the issue) though

19 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

A player once said the same thing to me when I penalised him.

"I didn't tell you to brush your teeth this morning either, do I need to?" Was my response.

Why tell some players and not others though? That's the frustration of the players 

17 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Why tell some players and not others though? That's the frustration of the players 

Yes, the referees dep't have brought it on themselves, however, the call of "held" is your indication as a tackler to move. 

The sport itself has an inherent problem (moreso in NRL) of letting "little/minor" infringements go. This manifests itself and makes the game more than ever an application of interpretation and opinion rather than a game of the rules.

Until the laws of the game are administered 100%, little pieces like "you didn't tell me to move", "you didn't warn me I was offside", "you didn't tell me not to encroach within 10m of the ball receiver", "you didn't tell me where the PTB mark was" will always be an issue.

41 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

This is where the 2 x Aussie refs works, as the 2nd ref goes to the tackle/ptb area and has a word with the players if he needs to

Compare that to NH refs having to bellow mooooove from 10 - 12 yards

It's still the ref coaching the players whichever method is used. The NH refs don't have to shout mooooove, someone has decided that that's what they will do but it's not a law of the game.

rldfsignature.jpg

A few seasons ago a senior SL coach complained to the Match Officials Department after his team got tacked on the last play

The ref had signalled last tackle and had called 5th and last. The SL coach stated the ef should have shouted it louder!!

There definitely needs a real sorting out of the officiating , one of the main issues is the marker situation , rarely are they ' square ' , so then the ref has to ( well he shouldn't really ) tell them to stay out of the play 

My solution would be to change the rules to allow only 1 marker , they then wouldn't be required to be square , taking away that responsibility 

16 hours ago, Native New Yorker said:

All teams push it as much as possible

Correct. However, there seems to be the perception that Wigan push it further than any other team. I'm not going to make a big issue about it, but if you simply start counting when the tackle is made, and finish counting when the ball is played, you will find that Wigan are no worse than any other team, and better than a few.

I realise that I will now be accused of talking male genitals, but so be it.

7 hours ago, Spidey said:

While players have a responsibility to not hold down, I feel for Tautai as this just highlights referees inconsistencies. Why did the ref not shout move? It should be shouted each tackle or none at all

I dont expect to see SL matches resembling an under 6 match at Easts 

3 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Correct. However, there seems to be the perception that Wigan push it further than any other team. I'm not going to make a big issue about it, but if you simply start counting when the tackle is made, and finish counting when the ball is played, you will find that Wigan are no worse than any other team, and better than a few.

I realise that I will now be accused of talking male genitals, but so be it.

Wigan are just better at the wrestle than most 

16 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Neither do I. I'm not sure what I said to infer that 

BTW the lowest age group in North West is U7s ?

Just that the refs should actually shout anything other than " held " and that only when a player is still on his feet 

9 hours ago, shaun mc said:

If 2 refs are needed to clean this up then so be it. It has to be done. Not sure we have enough experienced refs (which is also part of the issue) though

We don't have enough experienced refs to have one per game, let alone two...

Archived