Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Spidey

Koukash gone from Salford?

Recommended Posts

The transient nature of sport continues. Someone else will take his place and if Salford doesn't survive another will step in. Often surprises me when successful business people loose common sense when they're spending there grand children's inheritance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MK was in the Ambrose (Barrow) this afternoon having sausage and chips. League 1 fans will get this. But hey, why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I have a dilemma do I buy a season ticket or hang on to see what happens.

I guess unless the others involved are willing to add substantial funds this is probably a slow death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be argued the real reason for Salfords big drop in form was when the squad found out months ago that Koukash was leaving just after most of the squad had committed themselves to the club beyond this season....just a theory!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

Now I have a dilemma do I buy a season ticket or hang on to see what happens.

I guess unless the others involved are willing to add substantial funds this is probably a slow death.

After Bradfords protracted demise it's unlikely to be slow.

Edited by Frog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The repayment to the council remains,apparently,substantial

 unless Sale 15-a-side club pay it off when they purchase the stadium.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/salford-red-devils-given-year-12429342

The whole situation seems far from clear.

Has the statement come out before any trustees have been sought?

What happens if there is no one to take over the running of the club? 

 

 

 


     No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

The repayment to the council remains,apparently,substantial

 unless Sale 15-a-side club pay it off when they purchase the stadium.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/salford-red-devils-given-year-12429342

The whole situation seems far from clear.

Has the statement come out before any trustees have been sought?

What happens if there is no one to take over the running of the club? 

 

 

 

Why would the SS owners pay off a debt to Salford Council that predates even the Koukash era?

Even if they intend on buying the AJ Bell, the 2 things are not linked. All that has possibly happened is that Salford council will be even more willing to offload the stadium and get ANY money back out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

The repayment to the council remains,apparently,substantial

 unless Sale 15-a-side club pay it off when they purchase the stadium.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/salford-red-devils-given-year-12429342

The whole situation seems far from clear.

Has the statement come out before any trustees have been sought?

What happens if there is no one to take over the running of the club? 

 

 

 

Januarty 2017: The loan, paid through an independent administrator after the previous club’s assets were seized to pay off creditors, is due to be paid back by 2038 after a 25-year deal was thrashed out in 2013.


Four legs good - two legs bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gut says Marwan will be a regular at Leigh next season, bit of a try before you buy in period. Lives just a few miles up the road, probably quickest ground for him to get to/from. Time for Salford folk to embrace their club and create a bright future

 

Edited by sweaty craiq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Gut says Marwan will be a regular at Leigh next season, bit of a try before you buy in period. Lives just a few miles up the road, probably quickest ground for him to get to/from. Time for Salford folk to embrace their club and create a bright future

 

So you are saying Derek is wanting to sell?

Marwan lives in St Helens so surely that is the quickest ground for him to get too?

Leigh folk need to stop worrying about others and embrace their club this weekend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, kiyan said:

So you are saying Derek is wanting to sell?

Marwan lives in St Helens so surely that is the quickest ground for him to get too?

Leigh folk need to stop worrying about others and embrace their club this weekend!

No! Derek is not wanting to sell.But two millionaires together would really shake this game up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SL17 said:

No! Derek is not wanting to sell.But two millionaires together would really shake this game up.

Why? Owning a club each they get two votes, no matter how much money they are worth they only get one vote if they are together in one club!

Two millionaires together have alot less say than 2 millionaires with their own clubs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus he left Salford due to poor crowds. Leigh are never going to be dealing the 10k barrier.

 

MK is lost to the sport. Why do we seem to lose investors so easily. Must be a reason why hardly any of them stick around. 

 

Salford relegated next year then. Nailed on cert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Adeybull said:

Tell you what, sunshine. How about you:

1 - State the "real reason"

2 - Show where any of the remaining Bulls supporters who post on here have said anything to suggest any other reason.

Off you go...

Don't need to 'sunshine', it's obvious.

So this is now where you pursue your relentless pro-Bulls propaganda. I understand as you made such a foo; of yourself on the oter more rough and tumble forum:tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Better league position perhaps, not a financial one! You Bulls fans still haven't quite sussed the real reason for your problems have you!

Maybe the Bulls now look a better financial venture now they have probably shed most of there debt and staff.

That said I always felt Dr K went for Salford because it was local ti his interests. is Bradford?

My comment was regarding both financial and league position. Feel free to go through my history of posts to see a catalogue of criticism for the Bulls financial planning over the years to discover where this Bulls fan thinks our problems came from. 

Edited by Amber Avenger
  • Like 1

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Amber Avenger said:

My comment was regarding both financial and league position. Feel free to go through my history of posts to see a catalogue of criticism for the Bulls financial planning over the years to discover where this Bulls fan thinks our problems came from. 

You seem perfectly reasonable to me.

That you were accused of bias suggests that your accuser is one-eyed.

  • Like 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I can recall Dr Koukash got involved with Salford because it was a club near his home

His wife made an offer to get involved with Bradford while Brian Noble was at the the Salford club.

Here is an interview with Derek Beaumont - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Prwr0p3PMs


     No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bob8 said:

You seem perfectly reasonable to me.

That you were accused of bias suggests that your accuser is one-eyed.

All normal readers of this site will know he is indeed perfectly reasonable.

As for the accuser, well his response when I called him out says it all? Could not support his allegation - totally evaded answering my challenge -  so instead just went ad hominem, with more unsupportable allegations.  Again, normal readers of this site will have seen that quite clearly.  From his response, not sure it is a case of being "one-eyed" - just seems a case of stirring it to me?

  • Like 1

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

As far as I can recall Dr Koukash got involved with Salford because it was a club near his home

His wife made an offer to get involved with Bradford while Brian Noble was at the the Salford club.

Here is an interview with Derek Beaumont - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Prwr0p3PMs

Yes, indeed, his wife Mandy did make an offer for the Bulls undertaking, out of Administration #2 back in early 2014. Rumour had it that the offer was for c.£50k, and was rejected for not being high enough.  Allegedly. Here is a link (numerous other ones available online):

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/13/dr-marwan-koukash-salford-bradford

Marc Green (in this context, I include his wife where appropriate) paid about £280-£290k or thereabouts for the undertaking IIRC, and he got the club.  He put Bulls 2.0 into Administration, remember, under his fixed and floating charge. A large chunk of that money went back to Green, in satisfaction of his debenture, so the net cost to Green will have been much less - from the filed papers, maybe about £80k or so.

So the Administrator got more money for Green, and a tiny bit more for the other creditors.  And Bulls 3.0 fell over 18 months later, costing Green and HMRC and a load of other creditors (again...) a load of money.

How different things might have been, had Green not had security for his loan?  I can't see he would have had any reason to bid for the club then, and maybe Mandy K would have been successful in her bid? And maybe, instead of Administration 3 and Bulls 4.0, we might even have seen Bulls 3.0 still in, or back in SL by now?

But was not to be. Just another example of how the game is so often dominated by what happens off the park, not on it.  As your club sadly knows all too well, too. :(

 

Edited by Adeybull

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was two interesting calls on Radio Manchesters RL programme last night.

Seemingly a Salford fan had been talking to MK yesterday outside the ground and said two consortia had offered him 1.5 million for the club to move Salford lock stock and barrel to another city - but refused to do so.

The caller also said in the talk he had with the doctor that he wasn't interested in bankrolling another club either.

I don't know if the caller was a joker or not.

Another fan also rang in and said half the fans won't go while MK is there,

Again though, it could be a load of old book

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Womer said:

Was two interesting calls on Radio Manchesters RL programme last night.

Seemingly a Salford fan had been talking to MK yesterday outside the ground and said two consortia had offered him 1.5 million for the club to move Salford lock stock and barrel to another city - but refused to do so.

The caller also said in the talk he had with the doctor that he wasn't interested in bankrolling another club either.

I don't know if the caller was a joker or not.

Another fan also rang in and said half the fans won't go while MK is there,

Again though, it could be a load of old book

Will the fans double in size because MK's gone? Will MK suddenly appear with a new club?  See you next season at the same bat-time on the same bat-channel!! (old school batman show ending in case any of you are thinking WTF)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, kiyan said:

So you are saying Derek is wanting to sell?

Marwan lives in St Helens so surely that is the quickest ground for him to get too?

Leigh folk need to stop worrying about others and embrace their club this weekend!

Marwan lives just off the East Lancs, and I would estimate quicker to LSV than Langtree. Families now very close friends and LSV deal far better than Salford one due to no debt in build. Would hate for the sport to lose this man. I am saying can see him working/owning with Derek

 

Edited by sweaty craiq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Marwan lives just off the East Lancs, and I would estimate quicker to LSV than Langtree. Families now very close friends and LSV deal far better than Salford one due to no debt in build. Would hate for the sport to lose this man. I am saying can see him working/owning with Derek

 

I hope he stays too, but he nor Salford RL have any debts due to the build.

He did take over debts owed to Salford Council from the Wilkinson era ( when the council lent money directly the club) which he promised to repay to avoid bankruptcy  and relegation. 

Those debts are over £1m and he has not repaid a penny , the council records show he has asked for payment to be deferred every year which they have agreed to so the original amount is outstanding.

They also have a cash injection of £500k and allowed use of the stadium rent free for a year.

While is going to pay that bill and what do you think are the chances of a RL team getting any support from Salford council in the future?

I may be wrong and he may clear the £1.2 m he promised to pay the council, he may also pay the approx £8m debt the club is currently in ( like the previous owner of SS did when he cleared approx  £15 m of debt before passing it to the current owners) and if he does he should be commended for it. If he doesn't professional RL in Salford is dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kiyan said:

I hope he stays too, but he nor Salford RL have any debts due to the build.

He did take over debts owed to Salford Council from the Wilkinson era ( when the council lent money directly the club) which he promised to repay to avoid bankruptcy  and relegation. 

Those debts are over £1m and he has not repaid a penny , the council records show he has asked for payment to be deferred every year which they have agreed to so the original amount is outstanding.

They also have a cash injection of £500k and allowed use of the stadium rent free for a year.

While is going to pay that bill and what do you think are the chances of a RL team getting any support from Salford council in the future?

I may be wrong and he may clear the £1.2 m he promised to pay the council, he may also pay the approx £8m debt the club is currently in ( like the previous owner of SS did when he cleared approx  £15 m of debt before passing it to the current owners) and if he does he should be commended for it. If he doesn't professional RL in Salford is dead.

Is this not correct? Januarty 2017: The loan, paid through an independent administrator after the previous club’s assets were seized to pay off creditors, is due to be paid back by 2038 after a 25-year deal was thrashed out in 2013.


Four legs good - two legs bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...