Pets corner

Peeking out of the front door is William, who had a brief, accident-prone but exciting life.

windmill-farm.png

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boo hoo I can't join in.  Sadly lost our Tibetan terrier last year at the grand old age of 18!

Over the years have had all sorts.  Cross bred lab/GSD, GSD, lab, Belgian shepherd, Anatolian shepherd, pair of Rhodesian ridgebacks, weimarana.

Also when the kids were growing up budgies, rats, snakes, gerbils, hamster.

My favourite character has got to be the Belgian.  Absolute nightmare but you had to forgive her.  Over the years she saw off a bag of raw Brussels sprouts, a dozen eggs and the box, all the Christmas tree chocs off the lower branches and while we were dozing off to the Queen's speech had managed to leap the child gate into the kitchen and was caught in flagrante over the leftover turkey.

Lovely thread,  Looking forward to more pics.

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

Our now oldest cat when he was a kitten, getting his first taste of catnip

Kitten on catnip.jpg

Our youngest cat showing she likes her new bed when she just came home after we got her last summer:

IMG_3086.jpg

The middle cat doing what he does best:

IMG_2551.JPG

Another one of the oldest cat being humiliated by the wife when he was young.  He seemed to like it...

IMG_2475.jpg

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Our hendrixs

So here we have phsyco Santa , looks happy doesnt he ?

Just given ' tiggger ' a good hiding [ forgetting how ' tigs ' kept him company when a pup ]

And finally ' big ears ' when he first arrived at 6 months , he carried on growing , his ears didnt

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

No photos available but I've had lots of pets, starting with Snowy the rabbit when I was a primary school child.  He fell off the top of his hutch when he was only two years old and died and so was my first experience of grief.  I have always had a special place in my heart for rabbits and will never eat them.  But we had other rabbits including one we had to give away as he was vicious.  We also had a guinea pig when I was younger too.  Following on we had a family rescue cat called Suzie and then when I moved out of the family home my first solo pet was a gerbil called Speedy (he was like lightning!).  Subsequently I have had two cats and one dog but presently I am pet-less as I can't afford them anymore. 

I would love a horse.  I have always wanted a horse.  Alas, it will never come to pass. 

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

Finn and Dougie 

With Moe on the skylight. 

FE6B3665-D775-46BB-A61F-D15CA051B5FD.jpeg

84547B40-6230-49EE-82A8-9B43BFA620BE.jpeg

I have a black Cocker Spaniel, he is always up to something, even when he is resting in his bed you can tell that he is thinking of his next scheme. If he is not taken for a walk within 15 minutes it waking up he becomes like a petulant child. He even chewed a £5 note to pieces, which as a Yorkshireman hurt real bad.

2 minutes ago, Mark S said:

I have a black Cocker Spaniel, he is always up to something, even when he is resting in his bed you can tell that he is thinking of his next scheme. If he is not taken for a walk within 15 minutes it waking up he becomes like a petulant child. He even chewed a £5 note to pieces, which as a Yorkshireman hurt real bad.

Finns exactly the same we’ve had a show cocker in the past but he’s a different level completely. In comparison the labs a doddle  

Our two cats Isis (she does terrorise everyone) named after an Egyptian cat god, and the second one is Newt

TheDirectorsCat_IMG_3927.thumb.jpg.459b8c894cf1e9439b82d5723fc5ab23.jpg

PAJ_1137.thumb.jpg.9f0de8c40deaf74554b54c6aee1ebef1.jpg

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

30 minutes ago, Copa said:

I’m a total sucker for cats. This is one of them. The fluffy belly is a trap. If you put your hand anywhere near it the trap will close and you’ll come away bleeding.

That is exactly what our black and white cat does. Invites you to tickle her tummy and then grabs your hand with claws fully drawn and then sinks in the teeth.

We have to warn neighbours, especially kids, and cat sitters to keep clear.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

6 minutes ago, Padge said:

That is exactly what our black and white cat does. Invites you to tickle her tummy and then grabs your hand with claws fully drawn and then sinks in the teeth.

Postman Padge?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

58 minutes ago, Padge said:

Our kitten lets me hold her on her back and tickle her belly. If my wife is in the room the cat makes solid eye contact with her as if to say “you try this and I’ll rip your liver out”. She occasionally bites my wife gently and makes the lightest of claws extended touches to her hand to make it clear that she COULD hurt her if she so chose. Women...

The oldest fluffy cat loves his belly being scratched. It takes about 10 minutes for him to lose tolerance for it when he gets up and walks off. 

The middle cat is the most subtle. Scratch his belly and he won’t react much, he gets up, goes out and brings back a sacrificial mouse to “encourage” us to do it again. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Archived