New Grounds.

25 minutes ago, M j M said:

For anyone interested in space and size and how steep the stand is, here's the comparison of the new, the old and the temporary North Stands at Headingley.

741473148_tempnstand.JPG.6f96ba87bbe18db7ebd1135e011bfb62.JPG

Excellent thanks. So sightlines should be miles better from the new stand, and with no barriers at all. 

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Clogiron said:

The more I see of it the more I think that the Rhino's have got the sh**y end of the stick there. I know that the stand was rebuilt to bring the cricket side upto future requirements and funding may have come from that area but apart from a roof that serves no purpose the sightlines are poor, the depth is shallow, the capacity is reduced I believe and the sun will cause problems unless you get a sunshade or sunglasses as part of your ticket.

As I mused before if that is the 'Best' stand and priced accordingly I wouldn't be best pleased.

I've never had a problem with a low sun from the SS so can't see it being a problem. The roof is very high, so the front rows might get wet in some conditions

I don't know if the average punter gets access to any of the expensive stuff behind the scenes, or if it's just a bog standard stadium concourse, but £36 plus booking seems steep for a ticket in what is a very basic little stand (corporate stuff aside) in a sub 20k stadium

Had they had the money they could have gone higher and squeezed more seats on the same footprint and rebuilt the SS as a large terrace and retained some tradition and atmosphere. It could have been quite spectacular, rather than just functional

Even the cricket side, whilst improved massively, is batting way below the big city grounds in terms of facilities and capacity and only just got the nod over Trent Bridge for the Ashes

47 minutes ago, M j M said:

For anyone interested in space and size and how steep the stand is, here's the comparison of the new, the old and the temporary North Stands at Headingley.

741473148_tempnstand.JPG.6f96ba87bbe18db7ebd1135e011bfb62.JPG

That graphic suggests an improvement on any of the recent iterations. 

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

I am on the waiting list for a seat because I have been living abroad for ten years .So in the meantime I'm standing ,if and when I get offered a seat I think I would prefer the south stand 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

6 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Seats are available in the Carnegie Stand. 

Yes I may do that  but when I.  Bought  my ticket I decided to wait a bit .Sun can be strong into that end 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

• 2 weeks later...

Headingley yesterday (images from the RU club twitter feed).

The East Stand seats are captured mid-change from Carnegie to Extentia guise. I visualise a group of workmen standing back pitchside working out how they're going to fit the next 'T' in.

Dx7FHPsWwAA1NE7.jpg:large

Dx7NrHSXQAAWjTn.jpg

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

That's a nice puff piece. I had a walk around the site on Friday. I don't see how one artificial pitch makes a legacy. And the standard of architecture is the usual modern blandness. 

Probably just me nostalgically missing the days when I would go to watch the Eagles at Don Valley but I still felt a bit depressed.

Do not fear; only BELIEVE

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Chris Chester was interviewed on By The Balls podcast, he said an announcement on Wakey's ground situation would be coming very soon. No more said on it than that.  

This backs up what was said a couple of months ago. I’d heard that the cogs have still been turning in the background and something would be announced by the end of January. This is Wakefield though so I suppose we should take it with a pinch of salt. I do wonder if they’ve gone for something more realistic or if it will be yet another artists impression of a brand new stadium.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Coming home I got off at j32 instead of j31 (calling @B & Q ) I noticed 2 men with Hi-vis coats & hard hats on, so I would assume Cas New ground will be ready or next season.

What colour were the Hi-vis jackets?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Archived