Sign in to follow this  
ckn

Dear Diary

2 hours ago, ckn said:

I put a single lottery ticket on for tonight.  If no-one else wants that £169m, I suppose I can have it.

I’m not buying a ticket. 

Do you want to go halves on what we have on Monday as a result of our lottery based investments?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I’m not buying a ticket. 

Do you want to go halves on what we have on Monday as a result of our lottery based investments?

Last time I played I won £139 😄  I’m still in the net positive cash flow from my lottery “investments” over the last two decades.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On 04/10/2019 at 15:39, ckn said:

Last time I played I won £139 😄  I’m still in the net positive cash flow from my lottery “investments” over the last two decades.

Last time I played (April) I missed out on 4 numbers by one number each.

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

On 04/10/2019 at 15:39, ckn said:

Do I owe you £1 or do you owe me £69.5 Million?

• Like 1

Spent yesterday making 30+ gallons of apple juice that in 3 months or so will be 30+ gallons of cider, consequently I'm in all sorts of pain today, probably less pain than when we come to drink the cider but that's a different story.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shadow said:

image.png

I'll send the cheque for £3.25 if you send me the postage in advance. £5 postage and £25 admin charge.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

11 minutes ago, ckn said:

image.png

I'll send the cheque for £3.25 if you send me the postage in advance. £5 postage and £25 admin charge.

The wages of sin are hardly worth while these days.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Stop being tight if he wins you still owe him £1 so he only owes you £65499999

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

Stop being tight if he wins you still owe him £1 so he only owes you £65499999

That'll be my Northern Ancestry.

47 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Apologies I had no idea you had Yorkshire blood. 

Lancastrian actually.

Grandmother on my father's side was from Chorley. According to Wikipedia 8.1 miles north of Wigan.

I feel I've had  a lucky escape. 

Edited by Shadow

23 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Lancastrian actually.

Grandmother on my father's side was from Chorley. According to Wikipedia 8.1 miles north of Wigan.

I feel I've had  a lucky escape. 

Not as lucky as Wigan, though. 😂😂😂

Four legs good - two legs bad

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Not as lucky as Wigan, though. 😂😂😂

I think it's unfair to ascribe Wigan's historic success to luck, some of it must be due to skill.:kolobok_biggrin:

Laughed at myself for my denseness over an advert. Some kid complaining that her mum and dad worked lots. OK, they are working in batches, areas of ground, something along those lines. Hours later, my light went on. She meant a lot.

I should do it more, realise I have many dense moments and just laugh about it.

Edited by Mister Ting

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

I think it's unfair to ascribe Wigan's historic success to luck, some of it must be due to skill.:kolobok_biggrin:

.... And Uncle Joe's Mint Balls.... 

Edited by JohnM

Four legs good - two legs bad

We're getting our fence replaced today, finally had enough of the old one.  It's currently wooden post secured and in the 15 years we've been here we've replaced every single one at least once and many twice, plus running repairs on the fence itself.  The field to the side of us acts as a wind tunnel that breaks even the most solid of wooden posts over the years.

I don't like the environmentally negative impacts of concrete posts but we're fed up now and have decided it's better to get it done once now for life rather than continually replacing wooden ones. It's also far cheaper spending £1000 now rather than £300-£400 a year on repairs.

1 hour ago, ckn said:

We're getting our fence replaced today, finally had enough of the old one.  It's currently wooden post secured and in the 15 years we've been here we've replaced every single one at least once and many twice, plus running repairs on the fence itself.  The field to the side of us acts as a wind tunnel that breaks even the most solid of wooden posts over the years.

I don't like the environmentally negative impacts of concrete posts but we're fed up now and have decided it's better to get it done once now for life rather than continually replacing wooden ones. It's also far cheaper spending £1000 now rather than £300-£400 a year on repairs.

Get Mexico to pay

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shadow said:

Get Mexico to pay

Hmmm, maybe an invoice to the local church instead. After all, strong winds are an act of God, aren't they? Probably too much fibre in his food.

3 hours ago, ckn said:

Concrete posts, 5m high wire fence, barbed wire around the top, that should keep you in, and not bothering society (This doesn't count).

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

5 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Concrete posts, 5m high wire fence, barbed wire around the top, that should keep you in, and not bothering society (This doesn't count).

Standard 2m wooden fence and a threat of seeing me walking around naked should keep most people out. 😄

• Sad 1

On 07/10/2019 at 11:21, ckn said:

image.png

I saw the news that someone won and wondered if my ticket had won it. I then saw the email "you've won" (paraphrased) and raised an eyebrow:

image.png

At £2.50 a ticket, I'm out £2.50 so far and up £12.30.

Is this how people get hooked on gambling? Minor wins then chasing bigger ones?

I'll just use up that cash one ticket at a time until my account is empty then probably not put more back in. It's not that I'm "stronger" than others, I've just seen the disastrous effects on others of full-blown gambling addictions and I won't get caught with it.

At Gatwick this afternoon heading off on holiday, we got talking to this late 40s large American chap from Houston. His first time outside the US, here for a week’s holiday. We were asking him how he enjoyed London, he said he didn’t like it as everyone was quite rude.  He then said unprompted that he’d done everything his friends said, namely speak loudly and tell everyone he was Texan and then he could expect to get special treatment. 😄 😄 

He really couldn’t work out why were were laughing and started to take a bit of offence at it.  We calmed him down and told him that he really needs to have a word with his friends who probably ruined his holiday for him. I think they’re in for a word or three when he gets home.

• Haha 3

Today I’m sat on the main pedestrianised road in Sorrento with my book and refills of coffee, mixed in with people watching. 

I do like Italian women... although I think they’re like fine art. Great to look at but far too expensive to “own”. 

• Haha 1