Sign in to follow this  
Gerrumonside ref

Footy Sweepstake - are you in?

According to what I've heard on Twitter, Paddy Power are donating £10,000 to LGBT causes every time Russia score a goal. :biggrin:

• Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Maybe not so surprising 

_20180619_174847.JPG

I think we have already discussed the gratuitous use of images of attractive women.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, ckn said:

It seems my Senegalese chaps have done well against those Polish chaps :)

That explains the rather sombre mood in the neighbourhood when I was on my way home.

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

I have just seen the propoganda act displayed by a certain tv channel that mysteriously claimed Russia have beaten Egypt.Well,I for one will be telling my egyptian kinsfolk THE TRUTH, how we won and are on the verge of qualifying for the last 16,once I have banned all Internet access and any external media coverage from outside of Egypt.

• Haha 2

Round 1 has finished, so here are the standings:

GROUP A
Russia (High Peak Rhino) – 3 points
Uruguay (Exiled Townie) – 3 points
Egypt (JDINTHEHIZZOUSE) – 0 points
Saudi Arabia (Marklaspalmas) – 0 points

GROUP B
Iran (DavidM) – 3 points
Portugal (Red Willow) – 1 point
Spain (Bearman) – 1 point
Morocco (Just Browny) – 0 points

GROUP C
France (Wholly Trinity) - 3 points
Denmark (Old Frightful) - 3 points
Australia (Johnoco) - 0 points
Peru (Shadow) - 0 points

GROUP D
Croatia (Wiltshire Rhino) - 3 points
Iceland (graveyard johnny) - 1 point
Argentina (longboard) - 1 point
Nigeria (bobbruce) - 0 points

GROUP E
Serbia (Bleep1673) - 3 points
Brazil (dixiedean) - 1 point
Switzerland (Spidey) - 1 point
Costa Rica (Futtocks) - 0 points

GROUP F
Sweden (heartofGold) - 3 points
Mexico (BatleyBird) - 3 points
South Korea (MattSantos) - 0 points
Germany (Tommygilf) - 0 points

GROUP G
Belgium (Gerrumonside ref) - 3 points
England (Bucksyed) - 3 points
Tunisia (shrek) - 0 points
Panama (JonM) - 0 points

GROUP H
Japan (gingerjon) - 3 points
Senegal (ckn) - 3 points
Poland (Ullman) - 0 points
Colombia (Rodill Rover) - 0 points

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

16 hours ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Pharaohs fact number 2) our star player is a chap called mo salah which weirdly enough is almost an anagram of the Arabic word shalom,goooooo pharaohs⚽⚽⚽⚽

Fat lot of good it did them:

Перейти в Россию ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Round 1 has finished, so here are the standings:

GROUP A
Russia (High Peak Rhino) – 6 points
Uruguay (Exiled Townie) – 3 points
Egypt (JDINTHEHIZZOUSE) – 0 points
Saudi Arabia (Marklaspalmas) – 0 points

I think you will find that Russia has only 3points, unless Putin has given them a Bonus 3 points at the end of the first round.

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

8 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I think you will find that Russia has only 3points, unless Putin has given them a Bonus 3 points at the end of the first round.

Oops! I got the points from BBC sport, but forgot that Russia have already played their second match. Tables now corrected.

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

GROUP H
Japan (gingerjon) - 3 points
Senegal (ckn) - 3 points
Poland (Ullman) - 0 points
Colombia (Rodill Rover) - 0 points

No disgrace to be three points behind those two global football superpowers.

• Haha 3

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

3 hours ago, Ullman said:

No disgrace to be three points behind those two global football superpowers.

I like your proactive positive attitude, although the big one is yet to come out of this group, bottom place gets the beers in.

• Like 1

Bye.

FFS.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Bye.

FFS.

I got Morocco in a sweepstake on another forum, and I echo your sentiments.

Champions elect to shine a light through the shadow of darkest Peru tonight.

All those marmalade sandwiches are bound to slow them down. 

Do they have paper name tags attached with string rather than printed on their shirts?

France 3 Peru 0

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Wholly Trinity said:

Champions elect to shine a light through the shadow of darkest Peru tonight.

All those marmalade sandwiches are bound to slow them down. 

Do they have paper name tags attached with string rather than printed on their shirts?

France 3 Peru 0

2 - 1 the Peru

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Shadow said:

2 - 1 the Peru

Will you please stop putting that on here....after the first game it's giving me f***ing nightmares.

• Haha 1

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

The heroic Danes continue their relentless charge to World Cup glory, holding those well known football gods Australia to a 1-1 draw.

Despite the Aussies attempting to rile the Danes, the Northern Europeans were unflappable :

Image result for great danes

....which led to considerable unrest among the Southern Hemisphere players...

Image result for kangaroos fighting

• Haha 1

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

6 hours ago, Shadow said:

2 - 1 the Peru

Feel free to join me and @JDINTHEHIZZOUSE in the losers' corner, we have got ourselves a nice shady spot.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

47 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Will you please stop putting that on here....after the first game it's giving me f***ing nightmares.

All shall fade before the hard stare

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Feel free to join me and @JDINTHEHIZZOUSE in the losers' corner, we have got ourselves a nice shady spot.

North African cuisine and Marmalade Sandwiches, a mix made in heaven. I'm on my way.

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

North African cuisine and Marmalade Sandwiches, a mix made in heaven. I'm on my way.

I'm at the bar getting the babycham in for me and just browny,shall I get you one shadow? ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

I'm at the bar getting the babycham in for me and just browny,shall I get you one shadow? ?

Might be worth getting a Malbec in for @longboard, he will be along shortly.